Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana: Surprisingly, Broner hits harder and is stronger than Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really think the Broner cheapshot after the bell in round 11 has really tainted Maidana's view of Broner's punching power. He was severely hurt hence the frantic efforts to revive him before round 12 & Ariza's controversial acts where he may have been using smelling salts or something similar. It took Maidana half of the 12th to get his legs back. With that being the last and final round of the fight it definitely left a bigger impression than earlier in the fight. I'm not saying by any stretch that Floyd hits harder, he rarely sits down on his punches and prefers quick snapping scoring blows rather than trying to get his opponents out of there. His brittle hands plus his super awareness of return fire means many times he is already bailing out while throwing shots.

Comment

who cares??? boxing is more then punching hard

Comment

its cause mayweathers hands be like

Comment

Originally posted by wangler the 3rd View Post
          its cause mayweathers hands be like

wang mang..

Comment

Repost x100

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
              He also said the Broner fight was tougher.

Damage from Broner

Damage from May

Someone please explain to me how Mayweather won again?
              This is boxing not a beauty contest. Look at Algieri he won and he had a messed up eye. We already know Broner hits harder so naturally he is more likely to leave marks. Floyd has respectable power but mostly potshots. There are fighters who have won decisions when they look worse than their opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                I hope Maidana is working on that cardio because he faded in the latter rounds...

If he can keep up his pressure thru out, he will win a split, I highly doubt he can thou....
                Corrupt judges will never allow him to win a decision I had Madaina 7 to 5 in the first fight and I'm sure most of the public did too

Comment

I think the same thing. That shot got his attention more than any other in the two fights.

However, not shocked to learn that Broner hits harder and is stronger than Mayweather. He sits down on his punches more and his physique looks like more of a power physique than May in IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                    He also said the Broner fight was tougher.

Damage from Broner

Damage from May

Someone please explain to me how Mayweather won again?
                    Typical moron who thinks damage done means u win

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      Corrupt judges will never allow him to win a decision I had Madaina 7 to 5 in the first fight and I'm sure most of the public did too
                      Had it a draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X