Collapse
No announcement yet.

you guys are getting what you wanted...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you guys are getting what you wanted...

you dont want the spence crawford fight, you all say it needs to marinate and make business sense (as if youve got your hands in the cookie jar) so this is what you will get, more one sided fights like horn and ocampos. obviously the thought of a competitive match up being made fairly quickly is such a shocking, radical idea for a lot of you.

I would have thought with the amount of guys around that division you wouldnt need to marinate a single fight for years and years, just fight the best available and then onto the next one, but this is the boxing fanbase in 2018 so obviously not.

Its safety first all the way. Its no wonder the promoters are so willing to serve up slop when you guys are all so keen to accept it, like fat kids at the canteen with your plates out asking for more servings of slop.

and what a way to build the fight anyway, two guys with zero animosity and charisma (and seemingly zero interest in talking up a fight) beating up scrubs, wow this fight is going to have huge mainstream appeal when it happens. i can feel the rivalry brewing when i hear lines like 'its got to make business sense' 'im gonna take care of my side of the street'.

Spence was doing his mandatory since the other guys in the division are avoiding him. They even avoid mentioning his name if they can get away with it.

What should he do? Move up and forgo unifying? I was calling for him to do just that for a while now, but he still has work to do in his own division.

By the way, were you one of the ones calling on GGG to move up and KTFO of Andre Ward? Just curious..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      Spence was doing his mandatory since the other guys in the division are avoiding him. They even avoid mentioning his name if they can get away with it.

What should he do? Move up and forgo unifying? I was calling for him to do just that for a while now, but he still has work to do in his own division.

By the way, were you one of the ones calling on GGG to move up and KTFO of Andre Ward? Just curious..
      he should be calling out crawford, the toughest fight available for him. get the thing on, show some interest. theres plenty of other options out there if he beats crawford too, his career shouldnt depend on that one fight which is why its ridiculous people are making such a big deal of building this thing up. im not one of the guys who says fighters have to move up in weight, but hes good enough and big enough too if he wants to fight the guys at 154 once hes fought thurman and crawford. he could have crawford, thurman, brook 2, charlo, hurd as opponents (not back to back, couple of easier fights thrown in there) in next few years, and no doubt another talent will have emerged by that point aswell. its not one of them situations where theres only one good opponent for a fighter and they need to build it cause theres nothing left after.

Comment

No fan likes to marinate. but from a fighters perspective you understand. if I had the power I'll throw Crawford in the ring right after Ocampos got starched.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
          he should be calling out crawford, the toughest fight available for him. get the thing on, show some interest. theres plenty of other options out there if he beats crawford too, his career shouldnt depend on that one fight which is why its ridiculous people are making such a big deal of building this thing up. im not one of the guys who says fighters have to move up in weight, but hes good enough and big enough too if he wants to fight the guys at 154 once hes fought thurman and crawford. he could have crawford, thurman, brook 2, charlo, hurd as opponents (not back to back, couple of easier fights thrown in there) in next few years, and no doubt another talent will have emerged by that point aswell. its not one of them situations where theres only one good opponent for a fighter and they need to build it cause theres nothing left after.
          Crawford will not happen until at least 2020 for some promotional BS between Arum, PBC, Showtime, ESPN, and crap like that.

The fight I personally really want to see is Spence vs Canelo.

Comment

Who the hell has been saying the fight needs to marinate? The fact is Bud had been starving himself for years so no one would call on him to fight the best. Spence is a beast. Apparently you forget or just never knew, but Spence climbed the rankings of the IBF and not some other ABC. He did this knowing when he earned his mandatory shot, he would have to go to England to fight the then #2 ww, Kell Brook.

Bud waited out DSG, Khan, Maidana, and Peterson. Once all of them moved to 147, he finally moved up to 140. That way instead of having to fight any A level fighter he could unify the division by beating Dulorme, Postol, and Indongo. The same Indongo who lasted less than 2 rounds against Prograis. Then, unlike Spence who took the tough road, Bud instead fought a paper champ in Horn and even made him come to the U.S.

We got Spence-Ocampo because it was a mandatory you idiot. I think everyone agrees Bud needs to step up his level of competition. He is too scared to fight anyone better than Postol or Horn and has been his entire career. He is already 31. And his best win is probably freaking Postol. If Bud won't fight anyone better than Postol than how is Spence supposed to fight him? Are you suggesting Spence should lose on purpose just to try and get a fight with Bud???

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Crawford will not happen until at least 2020 for some promotional BS between Arum, PBC, Showtime, ESPN, and crap like that.

The fight I personally really want to see is Spence vs Canelo.
              Its not promotional bs, it is Bud being scared. Is it promotional bs, that has kept Bud from facing anyone better than Postol his entire career? Now 31 years of age, Bud can no longer cut 20 pounds and has no choice but to be in a division with A level fighters. And he chose Horn.

Come on. The only reason Bud is with Arum is because it gives him an excuse to avoid any challenge whatsoever. If Broner had fought the same competition, he too would still be undefeated. When someone as good as Bud has no one better than Horn or Postol on his resume at 31, that is not promoter bs, that is an elite boxer being scared to death to test himself.

Comment

I can see your point of view.
                More fighters these days need to not only mention fighting the best but demand to their promoter that they want to fight the best.
                The only guy doing it atm is Loma.
                Spence is my man but he needs to be sending out offers to all the top Welters not just the Haymon fighters.
                My favourite fighters atm are Loma, Hurd and Spence.
                All these guys want the best fights.
                If GGG had of fought Andrade or Devrychenko in his last fight i would put him up their to.
                He is still the G man though and fighting Nelo so all good with GGG.

Comment

OP generalising and making a fool of himself once again. Who the hell is saying they want it to marinate? How dim can one person be?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                    Who the hell has been saying the fight needs to marinate? The fact is Bud had been starving himself for years so no one would call on him to fight the best. Spence is a beast. Apparently you forget or just never knew, but Spence climbed the rankings of the IBF and not some other ABC. He did this knowing when he earned his mandatory shot, he would have to go to England to fight the then #2 ww, Kell Brook.

Bud waited out DSG, Khan, Maidana, and Peterson. Once all of them moved to 147, he finally moved up to 140. That way instead of having to fight any A level fighter he could unify the division by beating Dulorme, Postol, and Indongo. The same Indongo who lasted less than 2 rounds against Prograis. Then, unlike Spence who took the tough road, Bud instead fought a paper champ in Horn and even made him come to the U.S.

We got Spence-Ocampo because it was a mandatory you idiot. I think everyone agrees Bud needs to step up his level of competition. He is too scared to fight anyone better than Postol or Horn and has been his entire career. He is already 31. And his best win is probably freaking Postol. If Bud won't fight anyone better than Postol than how is Spence supposed to fight him? Are you suggesting Spence should lose on purpose just to try and get a fight with Bud???
                    im on your side really but spence should be piling the pressure on crawford for it to happen. i agree crawfords resume is a ****ing joke.

Comment

Working...
                    X