• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    Huh?

Did I miss something? What did he do?

got some really good exposer

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
      ur supposed to make ur name in the ring not by some forced shouting match get a grip larry
      I don't know why people enjoy this fake beef stuff anyway. Its just a cheap promoter tool designed to sell tickets and PPV's to gullible people. If you want that kind of **** go watch WWE.

Comment

Lol. 95% of boxing fans don't pay attention to weigh ins, and Fury's not a huge name. Especially since he's fighting some scrub.

Don't think this moves the needle at all.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          Lol. 95% of boxing fans don't pay attention to weigh ins, and Fury's not a huge name. Especially since he's fighting some scrub.

It won't. The actual fight is what will move the needle. And if Wilder can knock Fury out then that would be the best promotion of his career.

Comment

no one is talking about this in the uk today btw larry

go online and search for a uk sport radio and not one bullitin about it

get giddy when the fight is actually signed and both are promoting there fight

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
              Huh?

Did I miss something? What did he do?
              He turned up the weigh in and shouted "bomb squad" after Fury got off the scales.

Fury's dad came over and they shook hands, then started pretending to try and fight each other. It was all completely fake, but it will make the news, no doubt.

If you didn't know better, and just watched the video, you would think that Wilder was going to be fighting Big John Fury next, not his son!
              Last edited by kafkod; 08-17-2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post

I dunno if he thinks the UK news is gonna interrupt coverage of political events to show 2 guys shouting at a weigh in. Only people who saw this are the ones who follow boxing enough to go to weigh ins or read online boxing sites, and they already know who Wilder is.

Gotta admit I'm enjoying the buildup already though, Wilder just showing up, doing his thing, mixing with the fans. It doesn't move the needle yet though you're right but they probably will tomorrow when it's a post-fight face to face on live TV where both will have a mic. As long as Fury doesn't dress as Batman again I can see the promotion doing well.

How much casual/mainstream exposure do you think they will get in the US? Could Wilder and or Fury be invited on one of the late night chat shows? I feel like that'd be a good fit for them personality-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post

Comment

You need people to see it first. Nobody watches weigh-ins on BT sport. This entire card is getting zero publicity in Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
                      You need people to see it first. Nobody watches weigh-ins on BT sport. This entire card is getting zero publicity in Britain.
                      it will now.........

Comment

Working...
                      X