Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I like the MLS. Most teams have an emphasis on attacking. Tbh about 80% of the premiership will play very little football for the simple reason 80% of the prem could possibly get relegated.

Teams that won’t get relegated: Man City, Man U, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and probably Everton. That ain’t 80% but you know what I mean

Any of the rest could go down. Whilst that is exciting on one level it means that every point matters which will lead to flat back 9’s up and down the country.

City won’t be involved in a good game all season outside of Liverpool and probably just walking through a powder puff Chelsea team.

I think Chelsea will probably be half decent to watch because we’re vulnerable and defending too high up the pitch with a few players who will definitely let us down (Luiz and Alonso)

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
      Roy Jones will be along shortly to reliably inform me that City fans aren't allowed to be annoyed by the KDB injury because they bought Elano (who can also kick a football) for £729030506089 in 2007 so therefore all future injures are deemed mere pebbles on the smooth road to the guaranteed MCFC quintuple of 2019.

Probably typing it out as we speak.
      Stop crying.

You've got £60m Bernardo Silva as back up.

He should do the job if not I'm sure Pep will be given another unlimited transfer kitty to sign someone else to cover in January if KDB isn't back by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        Stop crying.

You've got £60m Bernardo Silva as back up.

He should do the job if not I'm sure Pep will be given another unlimited transfer kitty to sign someone else to cover in January if KDB isn't back by then.
        £43m for Bernardo but who’s counting. Not you, clearly.

We’ve been through this many times chief. If City were operating on an unlimited budget then Sanchez and Jorginho would be playing in sky blue.

Comment

• I doubt City didn’t offer Jorginho £105k a week.

I think he just genuinely turned you down. Even Pep said as much.

He had his old manager and the pull of London.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            I’ve spent quite a lot of time in Salford since I’ve moved up here.

I really don’t like it. I’ve never disliked a place before but I do dislike Salford.

Spend any considerable time there and I’m considering emptying my bank account and just going awol to Columbia or something only to resurface maybe months or years later to find my wife remarried.

Dirty Old Town is right no matter how much it is spruced up.

The place is purgatory.
            It’s f**king awful. The place, the ground, the plastic supporters. I enjoy playing the village sides done good like Maidenhead or Barrow. But all the jumped-up little hobby clubs with no fans and sky-high budgets (Salford, Fylde, Boreham Wood, Gateshead etc.) are soul destroying.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
              £43m for Bernardo but who’s counting. Not you, clearly.

We’ve been through this many times chief. If City were operating on an unlimited budget then Sanchez and Jorginho would be playing in sky blue.
              Sanchez and Jorginho told City to **** off. As did Van Dijk and Pjanic.

Some players can't be bought with money alone, some want to play for big clubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                I see the England old boys smashing it up in MLS

Rooney with a sweet brace and Cashley scoring after a nice little run.

I actually quite enjoy watching MLS in the wee hours of the morning. As teams they are woeful but it makes for pretty fun games.
                I can't get into the MLS I did go to few matches though maybe if a 2nd team in Blue plays in Chicago I would start following the league

It's a good investment the league tripled in value the last decade more European clubs will try to get on it

Comment

• Nothing like a cold wet night in Denver with the Rapids.

I don’t care about MLS though. going to a game once in a while is some good activity though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    I doubt City didn’t offer Jorginho £105k a week.

I think he just genuinely turned you down. Even Pep said as much.

He had his old manager and the pull of London.
                    The Napoli chief said: “These offers did not start from Chelsea, but from Manchester City.

“As a matter of fact, I will apologise to Khaldoon [Al Mubarak], because I found a deal with Khaldoon 15 days ago.

“He called me, we spoke on the phone and I said, ‘OK, I don’t agree with you on A, B, C’. ‘Let’s solve the situation the two of us’, he told me. And we did it, we solved it.

“However, if for personal reasons I won’t get into, the player prefers to live in London rather than in Manchester, I can understand him.

If Chelsea pay him more, I can understand it too. So I can just apologise to Khaldoon.

Well known that we didn't wanna pay what Sanchez and Arsenal wanted so we pulled out of the deal. Why would Jorginho be any different? Why do you think City/Napoli were haggling for about 2 months?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                      Sanchez and Jorginho told City to **** off. As did Van Dijk and Pjanic.

Some players can't be bought with money alone, some want to play for big clubs.
                      Literally every single one of your good players want to leave to bigger and better clubs as soon as the chance arises.

Stepping stone FC.

Comment

Working...
                      X