Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Joe Saunders vs. Demetrius Andrade - Deal Reached

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Billy Joe Saunders vs. Demetrius Andrade - Deal Reached

The World Boxing Organization has advised BoxingScene.com that a deal has been reached for Billy Joe Saunders' mandatory defense of his WBO middleweight title against undefeated challenger Demetrius Andrade. A purse bid had been scheduled for earlier today at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Kissimmee, Florida.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Eddie Hearn retweeted this

Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 07-25-2018, 05:59 PM.

Damn.

WAR ANDRADE

Comment

Where are those guys that kept telling me Hearn and Warren would never agree to terms on a TV deal????? Show your face

Comment

Hopefully it lands on that proposed Chicago show. Been wanting an excuse to go back to Chicago.

Great match-up. I like Andrade in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          I would let Warren win the bid and just broadcast it in the US on DAZN. No need for Eddie to win the bid because neither fighter is a big enough name in the US to fill an arena. I don't think Andrade is big enough to help Saunders fill and arena in the UK. Let Frank win it and put it on DAZN here
          Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
          Why would he do that when he has millions to play with? They might not be big names in the U.S but the MW division is on fire just now with Jacobs fighting for the IBF, GGG/Canelo and BJS/Andrade all fighting within 1 month of each other, that's 3 MW title fights and easy promotion. Andrade going for the chance to fight GGG or Canelo or Jacobs, hyping it up that way, and BJS sells a fight with the whole Hearn/Warren angle, this is a promoters dream.

He could bid half his fight budget and get the fight in the U.S, I'm sure if he gets another good fight in their launch month it will attract subscribers. It's not so much about ticket sales.
          Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
          Why would Hearn have the rights to air it on DAZN if Warren wins the purse bid? .
          What other US networks are going to air it? No US networks/promoters have ties to either fighter. Hearn can buy the rights to the US broadcast.
          Warren would sell it for peanuts to somebody else rather than sell the rights to Hearn for any amount.

This is Frank Warren we are talking about, him and Hearn aren't friends to say the least .

Warren would literally rather take the financial hit than sell Hearn the rights.
          You're missing the point, Warren would not sell Hearn the rights regardless of there potentially being zero other offers.
          Ehh If you say so. I guess you know better than me the history between the two
          Ha!

Comment

lets go!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Gonna be a boring ass fight. Pass.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Billy Joe Saunders vs. Demetrius Andrade - Deal Reached

The World Boxing Organization has advised BoxingScene.com that a deal has been reached for Billy Joe Saunders' mandatory defense of his WBO middleweight title against undefeated challenger Demetrius Andrade. A purse bid had been scheduled for earlier today at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Kissimmee, Florida.
                [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Where are those guys that kept telling me Hearn and Warren would never agree to terms on a TV deal????? Show your face
                  Yea, that WBC WBA IBF dude. Lets tag that guy.

Comment

Finally Andrade steps up. But I bet Suanders fakes an injury.

Comment

Working...
                    X