Collapse
No announcement yet.

A technical survey of Marciano, why he was a great fighter despite his reach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the **** are you guys talking about?

Semantics, the whole thread is filled with bull**** that has nothing to do with the physics, kinesiology, physiology, or anatomy involved with boxing or Rocky Marciano. It's called the sweet science for a ****ing reason and that's got **** all to do with what names make your ***** wet.

Why has not one even mentioned the powerline? You're talking about Rocky Marciano yeah, some of yous are saying he's ****, others are saying he's great, and somehow that conversation has nothing to do with the powerline? How the **** am I meant to take you guys seriously? I'm meant to believe you guys know something about boxing or Marciano?

Comment

Rocky threw a lot of arching, looping punches. He certainly was no Jack Dempsey when it came to maintaining the power line.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

Semantics, the whole thread is filled with bull**** that has nothing to do with the physics, kinesiology, physiology, or anatomy involved with boxing or Rocky Marciano. It's called the sweet science for a ****ing reason and that's got **** all to do with what names make your ***** wet.

Why has not one even mentioned the powerline? You're talking about Rocky Marciano yeah, some of yous are saying he's ****, others are saying he's great, and somehow that conversation has nothing to do with the powerline? How the **** am I meant to take you guys seriously? I'm meant to believe you guys know something about boxing or Marciano?
        HEY ROCK !!!!

sir, let me 1st say my opinion of your work is nothing personal. you did what you did and thats that. not your fault. i just have to shed light on what i observe.

you never fought a giant.
        your wins vs ''prime'' guys arent really that impressive.
        youd be too small to compete vs these hw.
        whatever scientific maneuvers you used are probably being used right now.
        those scientific moves didnt make you any less easier to hit and avoid.
        you had the power of ten men your size.

i understand. when our heroes are placed under an unbiased microscope, the truth is often revealed.

but you are,without question, a gentleman and kind soul.

(i know youre not really rocky but some people feel the pics we use in our avys are who we actually are. ridiculous, yes)

Comment

Why don't you describe the concept you are referring to? There are in fact many ways to describe the technical attributes of a fighter. Its kind of funny that you make an assumption that because something you are familiar with is not mentioned then everything else is bs?

Comment

By the way: transmitting power through a punch has nothing in particular to do with Marciano. Dempsey was probably the first writer to bring the term into focus in regards to punching techniqe, of course trainers were working with power lines, false center lines, etc... And these terms apply to other boxing arts as well.

Comment

I've got Holmes as a top 5-7 heavyweight, all time. Marciano is 10-15.

I would tend to favor Holmes in a very tough direct match up.

Why these threads, though? Nobody thinks Marciano is a top 5 heavy. He's just too damn small for that. You aren't making some major statement by saying the Rock isn't the greatest heavyweight ever. Nobody thinks he is.

Comment

Working...
              X