No announcement yet.

The Keys to the fight: Daniel Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    People don't understand how washed-up Golovkin is.
    His reflexes are long gone and they weren't all that to begin with.

All he has left is power.

A good left hook to the body and that old chicken leg dude is gone.

People act like the Mora and Pirog fights are a force-field that will protect GG

It don't work like that.
    How do you defeat power? Speed.

Jacobs speed, will utilize GGG's power.

Don't get me wrong, GGG has a phenominal left hook to the body. But ask yourself something. Does he rush in and throw a left hook to the body or does he throw 2-3 pity pat shots followed by an explosive left hook to the body. Problem with that is, he will either be countered by Jacobs before he's able to get to his left hook, or Jacobs feet will allow him to already be out of the way.

Or GGG can just throw the left hook to the body and be willing to take anything coming back is way from Jacobs. This could be a good reward for Golovkin, but it could also be his downfall because Right hook is nothing to play around with.

Comment

People act like the Mora and Pirog fights are a force-field that will protect GG
      Pretty much.

You mean Riddick Bowe was able to stop Holyfield but Tyson couldn't? But I thought Tyson hit harder? You mean boxing doesn't work like that?

How did Joe Frazier beat Ali, but Foreman couldn't? Foreman hit harder than Frazier? What? Boxing doesn't work like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        How do you defeat power? Speed.

Jacobs speed, will utilize GGG's power.

Don't get me wrong, GGG has a phenominal left hook to the body. But ask yourself something. Does he rush in and throw a left hook to the body or does he throw 2-3 pity pat shots followed by an explosive left hook to the body. Problem with that is, he will either be countered by Jacobs before he's able to get to his left hook, or Jacobs feet will allow him to already be out of the way.

Or GGG can just throw the left hook to the body and be willing to take anything coming back is way from Jacobs. This could be a good reward for Golovkin, but it could also be his downfall because Right hook is nothing to play around with.
        GGG is not designed to absorb any punishment to the body.

Not with those Flamingo legs.

Jacobs better bring some BBQ sauce for them ribs...because they are there for the taking.

Comment

Pretty much.

You mean Riddick Bowe was able to stop Holyfield but Tyson couldn't? But I thought Tyson hit harder? You mean boxing doesn't work like that?

How did Joe Frazier beat Ali, but Foreman couldn't? Foreman hit harder than Frazier? What? Boxing doesn't work like that?
          Look at all the people that still ride with Vlad and Manny

They been KTFO more than Jacobs.

Nobody writes them off....nobody calls them chinny.

Comment

Look at all the people that still ride with Vlad and Manny

They been KTFO more than Jacobs.

Nobody writes them off....nobody calls them chinny.
            Gamboa's been dropped roughly 13-14 times. You don't hear a peep about him being chinny.

Stevens has been dropped 5-6 times and stopped 3 times. For some reason, all the GGG fans make it seem like Stevens was a prime Jake Lamotta

Comment

Attempt to take away Golovkin's JAB! and dominate him with your own jab! Don't take a step backwards, instead just circle the ring! turn the fight into a ball room dance! In recent memory i believe Cory Spink's used this tactic up against Zab Judah during there first fight! (Usually under skilled fighters think good movement, is the ability to move backwards! its the ability to keep the fight in the center of the right, but to constantly keep circling!......If Golovkin has any sort of ****** inside of him? this type of movement will nullify his offense to a certain extent!).....that's the type of advice i would give Danny Jacob's, to use a good hard Jab and just constantly circle and hope for the best! but unfortunately i don't think he has the innate co-ordination or athleticism, to fight that kind of fight for 3 minutes of every round! and i have a strong feeling that Golovkin is going to really break his body in half! (Body shots will win this fight for Golovkin!)...
              Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-13-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• You should be sparring Light Heavyweights and Cruiserweights to get use to the punch
                • Utilize the jab to the body to stop GGG from just walking in
                • When GGG turtles up, throw the right hook to the body and head with max power
                • Be first, use your speed and tuck your chin during exchanges
                • When your back is against the ropes, don't be afraid to clinch. In fact, get comfortable in the clinch.
                • In the event you are hurt, clinch. Clinch again and clinch one more time. Did I mention clinch?
                • Your cardio, neck strength, and ab work must be at an all time high
                • Have confidence and believe in yourself

As long as Jacobs implements the above practices, we'll have a new champ come March 19th.
                The best defense is a great offense.

If Jacobs lands with the speed, power and precision I know he's capable of landing with, there is no firefight that ever happens

He's going to swim without getting wet
                Sure, but the uppercuts never put him down.

Was it because Brook wasn't a strong enough puncher at that weight? Very possible.

Was it because GGG's chin was just that good? Very possible as well.

But I'm wondering if GGG gives openings to facial shots to take light away that he doesn't like it to the body.

If you watch the Brook fight again, you'll see that as soon as Brook landed a body shot, GGG would take lengthy breaks to where he didn't throw a punch; and Brook would open up in result.

Jacobs should also throw uppercuts, but you can't solely rely on KO'ing GGG with only headshots. He's going to have to go to the solar plexus and kidney's.

Mosley and Margarito comes to mind when talking about fighters with good chins that hate body shots more than head shots. Hell, ask Kovalev, a guy who supposedly has a strong chin about Ward's body punches:

"By the 5th round, I felt my tires were deflated" - Sergey Kovalev.
                meh
                still don't know sht about boxing

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X