Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Ward have fought Bute before Froch did? Was Bute deserving?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    What does Bute have in his arsenal that would be troubling for Ward, what exactly?
    not saying i'd pick bute over ward, i haven't done my homework on the matchup

but bute does love his uppercut and i'd imagine it would work well on ward as he comes inside

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
      what would be the point?
      Ward gets more props for Dawson than he woulda got for Bute
      Bute woulda been deserving, he had a belt and wasn't in the series
      prefer things worked out the way they have at SMW
      Froch gets Bute and keeps his stock up
      better than Ward beating both him and Froch, so Froch's out in the cold
      Agreed. That's why I'm happy Ward didn't fight Bute, because then Froch got to prove that he was the definitive #2 in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
        not saying i'd pick bute over ward, i haven't done my homework on the matchup

but bute does love his uppercut and i'd imagine it would work well on ward as he comes inside
        Ward is a master of changing styles to confuse opponents. It's hard to hit Ward clean with anything. I'm not really sure Ward would fight on the inside if the uppercut was the main weapon. He's a clever guy.

Should Ward have fought him? Whos to say? Ward had just beaten the second best in the division in Froch. Froch got there first, and Bute fell short.

Nothing major to discuss in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          What does Bute have in his arsenal that would be troubling for Ward, what exactly?
          What does any fighter have? What does Pavlik have?

The point is just because a fighter loses a fight to one guy doesn't mean another guy automatically beats him on some triangle theory.

I'd rather watch Ward v Bute next than Froch v Bute II.

Comment

Working...
          X