Rogie wants wrestling stars!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogie wants wrestling stars!

SOURCE ESB

Commonwealth heavyweight champion Martin Rogan is planning a warm up ahead of his clash with Sam Sexton - by tackling the stars of WWE wrestling.

"Wrestlemania Revenge" takes place later this month at the Odyssey Arena, Belfast and features WWE stars including Edge, John Cena, Chris Jericho, Kane and William Regal.

But Rogan - who defends his belt at the 10,000 capacity Odyssey on May 15 - says he will gatecrash the event and go up to ringside and challenge the wrestlers to show his fellow countrymen a real fighter in action.

"I need some sparring ahead of my clash with Sexton, so those wee wrestling boys will be perfect," said the 37-year-old, who has already bashed 2000 Olympic Champion Audley Harrison and flattened the previously undefeated Matt Skelton.

"But I'm not sure they will last too long with me - they're just a bunch of Hollywood wannabes in tights with fake tans!

"I'll give Kane a good caning and make William Regal look like a pauper.

"I'll take them on one at a time or all together - they can even have one of their tag team events if they want!

"They all talk a good game, but they wouldn't last five minutes if they came down the gym with me.

"The only wrestler I ever liked as a kid was 'Big Daddy', but as far as I'm concerned I'm 'The Daddy'."

Rogan, who is undefeated in 12 professional fights, is fast closing in on a world title opportunity after his sensational back-to-back wins over Harrison and Skelton.

"I'm sure everyone will have a great time at Wrestlemania because its fantastic theatre, but for real drama, Rogan-Sexton is going to beat everything," he added.

"Everyone in Ireland is behind me at the moment, but I don't think I've convinced everyone over on the mainland how good I am, so I'm aiming for a spectacular KO win over Sexton to keep the ball rolling towards a world title fight later this year."

Rogan-Sexton tops an action packed Odyssey card which will also feature the 2008 Olympians, James DeGale, Billy Joe Saunders and Frankie Gavin.

Michael Jennings returns to action in an eight rounder following his brave WBO world title challenge against Miguel Cotto, while local stars Scott Belshaw, Kevin O'Hara, Ciaran Healy and Luke Wilton also feature.

Tickets are priced at £150 (Ringside), £100 (Floor), £60 (Floor), £40 (Tier) and £30 (Tier) are available from:

Odyssey Arena Box Office
    02890 739 074
    www.odysseyarena.com

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
    SOURCE ESB

Commonwealth heavyweight champion Martin Rogan is planning a warm up ahead of his clash with Sam Sexton - by tackling the stars of WWE wrestling.

"Wrestlemania Revenge" takes place later this month at the Odyssey Arena, Belfast and features WWE stars including Edge, John Cena, Chris Jericho, Kane and William Regal.

But Rogan - who defends his belt at the 10,000 capacity Odyssey on May 15 - says he will gatecrash the event and go up to ringside and challenge the wrestlers to show his fellow countrymen a real fighter in action.

"I need some sparring ahead of my clash with Sexton, so those wee wrestling boys will be perfect," said the 37-year-old, who has already bashed 2000 Olympic Champion Audley Harrison and flattened the previously undefeated Matt Skelton.

"But I'm not sure they will last too long with me - they're just a bunch of Hollywood wannabes in tights with fake tans!

"I'll give Kane a good caning and make William Regal look like a pauper.

"I'll take them on one at a time or all together - they can even have one of their tag team events if they want!

"They all talk a good game, but they wouldn't last five minutes if they came down the gym with me.

"The only wrestler I ever liked as a kid was 'Big Daddy', but as far as I'm concerned I'm 'The Daddy'."

Rogan, who is undefeated in 12 professional fights, is fast closing in on a world title opportunity after his sensational back-to-back wins over Harrison and Skelton.

"I'm sure everyone will have a great time at Wrestlemania because its fantastic theatre, but for real drama, Rogan-Sexton is going to beat everything," he added.

"Everyone in Ireland is behind me at the moment, but I don't think I've convinced everyone over on the mainland how good I am, so I'm aiming for a spectacular KO win over Sexton to keep the ball rolling towards a world title fight later this year."

Rogan-Sexton tops an action packed Odyssey card which will also feature the 2008 Olympians, James DeGale, Billy Joe Saunders and Frankie Gavin.

Michael Jennings returns to action in an eight rounder following his brave WBO world title challenge against Miguel Cotto, while local stars Scott Belshaw, Kevin O'Hara, Ciaran Healy and Luke Wilton also feature.

Tickets are priced at £150 (Ringside), £100 (Floor), £60 (Floor), £40 (Tier) and £30 (Tier) are available from:

Odyssey Arena Box Office
    02890 739 074
    www.odysseyarena.com
    Good to see jennings fighting again after the loss to cotto.

Comment

Working...
    X