No announcement yet.

Cung Le

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cung Le

The guy is THE king of San Shou. Nobody can touch him under San Shou rules.
    Having said that, I really don't understand why he doesn't move on to something else and seek new challenges. I mean, that's what the warrior spirit is all about, right? Seeking new challenges? Why not take his skills to the UFC or Pride? I'm sure they'd love to have him there.

I'd love to see that too. He does have experience in submissions and ground fighting. He was a wrestler throughout high school. He fought in Shidokan a few years back and was successful in that. I believe he was undefeated. He also has a student who has been relatively successful in MMA. Franshier. I don't believe he's pro yet.

Comment

Cung who?

Comment

Originally posted by Fury Dragon
        I'd love to see that too. He does have experience in submissions and ground fighting. He was a wrestler throughout high school. He fought in Shidokan a few years back and was successful in that. I believe he was undefeated. He also has a student who has been relatively successful in MMA. Franshier. I don't believe he's pro yet.
        I think Le weighs about 180 or so. He'd fit right into the UFC middleweight picture. The only knock on Le, from what I've seen, is his conditioning. In his last fight at the Vegas K-1, he was pretty gassed in the last round. It can't be age (he's only 30). Maybe he's not training hard enough.

Comment

That could be. As you saw from K-1, San Shou has short and few rounds. The conditioning necessary isn't as high as MMA requires.

With some conditioning he'd be great for MMA though, I agree.

Comment

The guy is really cool, but should accept more challenging competiton. He's got major talnet and could tear it up in MMA. If he fought Busta it be a dream come true, but he says he's not interested. :cuss:

Comment

I really don't get it. There's absolutely no competition in his weight class under San Shou rules. To each his own, I guess. But yeah, Busta vs. Le or maybe one of the Gracies would've been fun to watch

Comment

If he learned worked on submission wrestling the kid would do great in MMA. I love his flying scissors kick takedowns.

Comment

I guess we'll see. I don't see who he has to fight anymore. People challenge him, but no one stands a chance in san shou rules. Phil Petit was just an embarrassment. At least Sheeley came after Cung a bit. Though the result as quick.

Comment

I would like to see that sport grow more than I would want him to move on. It's very exciting to watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X