No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Julio Cesar Chavez @ 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
    how? Dont even dare point to the castillo fight, because i could easily use the pernell whitaker fight, a fight to which chavez never gave a rematch to.

Chavez didint like it when you moved, mayweather would be in and out, pot shotting to a fairly easy UD or a close SD, Mayweather and Whitaker share similar defensive traits, the only way Chavez would win is if he mounted a sufficient body attack on floyd, but mayweather would give chavez too many looks and he just didint have the style to figure out a guy like mayweather. It would be the same scene that took place at the alamo dome, Chavez would have a punchers chance and thats it.
    Floyd would never fight Chavez so really its a dead argument.

But Chavez would wear down Floyd, smaller fighters then Chavez have been able to corner Floyd Chavez would do a better job. You mention Whitiker but Chavez wanted the rematch, Whitiker wanted an admitince by Chavez first wtf? And look at the Whitiker fight and you'll know its not as one sided as many think. My question is can Floyd back pedal as fast as Whitiker? And look at the last rounds of Chavez v. Whitiker and you tell me who won them or should i say who stopped fighting?

Floyd has always had trouble with Mexican boxers and Chavez would give him hell. Chavez by Decision, Floyds movement would keep him on his feet but i dont' know how well he takes to them body shots cause he was crying everytime Castillo hit him to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
      But Chavez would wear down Floyd, smaller fighters then Chavez have been able to corner Floyd Chavez would do a better job. You mention Whitiker but Chavez wanted the rematch, Whitiker wanted an admitince by Chavez first wtf? And look at the Whitiker fight and you'll know its not as one sided as many think. My question is can Floyd back pedal as fast as Whitiker? And look at the last rounds of Chavez v. Whitiker and you tell me who won them or should i say who stopped fighting?

Floyd has always had trouble with Mexican boxers and Chavez would give him hell. Chavez by Decision, Floyds movement would keep him on his feet but i dont' know how well he takes to them body shots cause he was crying everytime Castillo hit him to the body.

That's why it's a dead arguement? Not the fact that they fought during different times and are now both retired?

Comment

Essentially you are saying floyd would never fight chavez, even though chavez was at a weight class where floyd would have fought any top contender offered to him, especially one considered a legend, and floyd always had trouble with mexican boxers, but chavez ran through every pure boxer he ran into? Getting dropped by Frankie Randall and looking confused by Pernell Whitaker, you think the fight wasnt generally one sided, for the most part it was, there was a reason thousands of mexicans were basically quiet by the end of the 12th, whitaker won, Mayweather would do the same.

I dont expect you to think anything else other than what you are saying, so this is the only time ill address you.

Comment

UD Mayweather aslong as Richard Steele isnt the ref.

Comment

JCC is to much man for Gayfeather. He would have retired right before the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by lilmac View Post
              UD Mayweather aslong as Richard Steele isnt the ref.
              Not even Steele could save JCC in a fight with Mayweather.
              I think people forget how much of a beast Mayweather was at 135 and 140.

Comment

So what? Pea stopped fighting in the last 1-2 rounds of many fights, even in closer fights (vs McGirt). JC has nothing to do with that...

Lol@ Floyd always had trouble with mexican boxers...

Lol @ Floyd crying everytime Castillo hit him to the body...

It is too bad that someone who understands boxing as you cannot even come close to being objective whenever JC is involved in the conversation.

EDIT: the last comment is maybe unfair as a few years ago you would have picked JC to slaughter PBF

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                  Essentially you are saying floyd would never fight chavez, even though chavez was at a weight class where floyd would have fought any top contender offered to him, especially one considered a legend, and floyd always had trouble with mexican boxers, but chavez ran through every pure boxer he ran into? Getting dropped by Frankie Randall and looking confused by Pernell Whitaker, you think the fight wasnt generally one sided, for the most part it was, there was a reason thousands of mexicans were basically quiet by the end of the 12th, whitaker won, Mayweather would do the same.

I dont expect you to think anything else other than what you are saying, so this is the only time ill address you.

WTF?? Mayweather beat Coralles,Chavez,DLH with EASE

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyBoyFloyd7 View Post
                      WTF?? Mayweather beat Coralles,Chavez,DLH with EASE
                      I KNOW THAT, read the context of my post and who i was quoting.

Comment

Working...
                      X