Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Quigg vs Rigo 12/10 undercard!? Warren stepped up...not Hearn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Quigg vs Rigo 12/10 undercard!? Warren stepped up...not Hearn?

Gotta give Quigg props. Acknowledges the importance of a Rigo matchup now that Cruz and Frampton went northbound. We all heard Quigg want Rigo in August of this year. DId Hearn hold this up? Wouldve been great title opportunity for Quigg?

Rigo/Quigg are fighting??

Comment

Last I heard he was supposed to be fighting Flores on the Ward-Kovalev undercard. That never materialized. Most likely because HBO still has to wash itself from the stench that was Rigo vs. Drian.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        Gotta give Quigg props. Acknowledges the importance of a Rigo matchup now that Cruz and Frampton went northbound. We all heard Quigg want Rigo in August of this year. DId Hearn hold this up? Wouldve been great title opportunity for Quigg?
        Do you think you could maybe explain yourself a little more clearly. I'm not quite sure if I'm being a dumbass but are you saying Quigg is going to fight Rigo, or has said that he's gonna fight Rigo? Maybe a link would be useful?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Do you think you could maybe explain yourself a little more clearly. I'm not quite sure if I'm being a dumbass but are you saying Quigg is going to fight Rigo, or has said that he's gonna fight Rigo? Maybe a link would be useful?
          No. It's wishful thinking. Gotta give props to Warren for staging the Dickens bout. Although we all saw that outcome. We had Frampton saying he'd love to fight Rigo during the Quigg post conf. Then when he beats Cruz and Rigo broke Dickens jaw, Carl decided to drop his belt or was stripped.

Then way back before Cruz went north, Leo said Rigo is a boring fighter... so that's all done with. Last man standing from the Brits is Quigg. Who is he fighting on Dec 10th? Hearn didn't mind Brook moving up two weights...surely he wouldn't mind putting a p4p fighter #2 at Super Bant. on Dec. undercard.

Would be nice. All I'm sayingis Quigg said he'd like to face Rigo back in August. That's good news at least, so I wonder how much part was played on deciding his next opponent or if Hearn ever acknowledged it. RIgo does have a strap!

Comment

No. It's wishful thinking. Gotta give props to Warren for staging the Dickens bout. Although we all saw that outcome. We had Frampton saying he'd love to fight Rigo during the Quigg post conf. Then when he beats Cruz and Rigo broke Dickens jaw, Carl decided to drop his belt or was stripped.

Then way back before Cruz went north, Leo said Rigo is a boring fighter... so that's all done with. Last man standing from the Brits is Quigg. Who is he fighting on Dec 10th? Hearn didn't mind Brook moving up two weights...surely he wouldn't mind putting a p4p fighter #2 at Super Bant. on Dec. undercard.

Would be nice. All I'm sayingis Quigg said he'd like to face Rigo back in August. That's good news at least, so I wonder how much part was played on deciding his next opponent or if Hearn ever acknowledged it. RIgo does have a strap!
            Ah Shame. Yeah, I think Frampton's a real talent but you can't really ignore the fact that he wanted no part of Rigo. Quigg vs Rigo would be nice but again can't see it happening even if Rigo would be willing so late in the day, Quigg's a brave dude - but I doubt he fancies having his jaw broken again so soon.

Comment

Quigg lost the title and Has nothing to offer Rigo who should beat him and embarrass him while doing so.. Quigg is fighting on the Joshua undercard against TBA the last I heard.. He will fight a softer guy to gain some confidence from the loss and injury..

Comment

What's the money like for such a fight? maybe a fourth/fifth of what he likely got for the Frampton fight? lol, no thanks.

Unless Frank Warren is putting up the money (which I doubt), there's no reason for Quigg to do anything but what he's already done; let the jaw heal up, taking a check fight at 126 (to see how things operate at the weight), and then work to be positioned to fight Lee Selby (the IBF mandatory path is a bit rocky, but a win in the coming back fight would make it reasonable for a Quigg-Warrington winner to be in position for a title shot) or the Frampton rematch (a likely riskier path, as it'd probably mean Quigg traveling to fight Gary Russell Jr and winning, to give Frampton the incentive to make the fight)

Comment

Working...
                X