No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez vs. Burgos: WBO Rejects Immediate Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martinez vs. Burgos: WBO Rejects Immediate Rematch

WHEREAS WBO Champion Roman “Rocky” Martinez and Juan Carlos Burgos, the WBO #1 contender and mandatory challenger in the WBO Junior Lightweight Division contested that WBO championship in Madison Square Garden in New York, New York on January 19th, 2013; and

WHEREAS that bout was judged a split draw; and

WHEREAS Juan Carols Burgos petitioned the WBO World Championship Committee order a direct return fight per SECTION 18 of the WBO World Championships Rules provides, “RETURN FIGHTS:
    [Click Here To Read More]

BS by the WBO but I hope Burgos gets the winner

Comment

Bullshiat...

AT LEAST Rocky is not gonna fight some bum and should go against Magdaleno, if he wins, he should fight Burgos after.

Comment

What a shitload of fuck.

Comment

Geez, I don't know why I even bother with this sport!!! I gotta find something better to invest my time in.

Comment

I don't believe it! The WBO who has their headquaters in San Juan is supporting their one and only Puerto Rican champion.

Comment

Originally posted by John Crown View Post
              I don't believe it! The WBO who has their headquaters in San Juan is supporting their one and only Puerto Rican champion.
              still not even close to being as bad as the wbc.

Comment

The diiference is the WBC has plenty of options. One Mexican losses a belt and another Mexican is ready to fight for it. It's hard for the WBO when PR only has one champion and not a very good one.

Comment

Ok...so you people are whining, per forum norm, but has anyone yet to disagree with how their reviewers scored each round?

I personally thought it was close and a draw is perfectly fine and if Martinez beats Magdaleno which is another tough ass fight, then they can do the rematch. It was entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by John Crown View Post
                    The diiference is the WBC has plenty of options. One Mexican losses a belt and another Mexican is ready to fight for it. It's hard for the WBO when PR only has one champion and not a very good one.
                    or the wbc strips a legit champion in martinez and hands over the belt to chavez.
                    or the wbc sets up a fight between canelo and hatton, who is ranked #7 at 147 and not ranked anywhere at 154 to fight for a vacant wbc title. Yea, it really compares.

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                    Ok...so you people are whining, per forum norm, but has anyone yet to disagree with how their reviewers scored each round?

I personally thought it was close and a draw is perfectly fine and if Martinez beats Magdaleno which is another tough ass fight, then they can do the rematch. It was entertaining
                    Nah, that fight wasn't no draw. 116-112 was a legit score for that fight.

But since he is supposed to be fighting Magdaleno next, i really don't care about the burgos fight anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X