Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia vs. Judah Tripleheader on Showtime, January 19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judah has a decent Chin. Only one knockout from Kostya does not mean that Judah has the glass one. Judah can fight all 12 rounds as he did recently vs Paris or years ago vs Ward. Judah has got much more skills and reflexes and surely he is top level class fighter with compareason to Garcia and his only enemy is his mood and mind. If Zab will be prepared and focused he will make Garcia look like a clown during all 12 rounds and will KO him.

Comment

Originally posted by belmondoss View Post
      Judah has a decent Chin. Only one knockout from Kostya does not mean that Judah has the glass one. Judah can fight all 12 rounds as he did recently vs Paris or years ago vs Ward. Judah has got much more skills and reflexes and surely he is top level class fighter with compareason to Garcia and his only enemy is his mood and mind. If Zab will be prepared and focused he will make Garcia look like a clown during all 12 rounds and will KO him.
      That one punch from Kostya had Zab doing the stanky leg in the middle of the ring, though. Still my favorite knockout of all time.

Comment

Lol swift gets more haters by the day!

Comment

Judah cracks under pressure, so I expect he'll do some more of the same against Danny. **** it looks like i need to get Showtime cause they're killing HBO as of late, and it really doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon.

Comment

i give judah a decent shot here.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Well, other than being the Ring/WBC/WBA champion (which you don't value), he's shown development from his fight with Campbell to his latest fight with Morales 2. He hasn't stagnated as a fighter, hasn't started to rest on his laurels. He starched Khan as an underdog and he starched Morales (who enforced his rematch clause). We knew he was going to beat him, but I didn't think it would be that soon and in that devastating of a fashion. Morales beat Cano for the WBC belt, and Khan was a Top 5 LWW (arguably Top 3) coming off a close/controversial loss to Peterson. I put him @ #1 because he has the biggest bulls-eye on his back, he's now THE guy in the division that everyone is going to go after. My top 5 isn't built like my P4P ranking, where I have Ward/Mayweather at the top because I think their skill/style trumps everyone else's. Even-though I would pick JMM and Matthysse against Garcia, I don't rank them higher than him. Is that why you have Marquez at the top, because you would favor or bet on him to beat everyone else?

Marquez/Rios have only had one fight @140. Guzman has fought 3 irrelevant opponents @140. Alvarado's 2 notable wins came against Herrera and Prescott. Herrera's only notable win was against Provodnikov, who's still unproven himself. Prescott doesn't have a signature win @140, and was coming off a loss to McCloskey before he fought Alvarado.

My point is, rankings are supposed to be objective. Your ranking is based on how much you favor one fighter over the others.
              Ok I somewhat agree with you, but having all them belts and instead of fighting a mandatory for any of the belts we get Garcia vs. Judah! WTF?
              And Prescotts most noteable win was vs. Khan maybe not @140 but why would he fight Judah having been beaten by Khan, it just sounds like a pointless fight!

Comment

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
                Ok I somewhat agree with you, but having all them belts and instead of fighting a mandatory for any of the belts we get Garcia vs. Judah! WTF?
                And Prescotts most noteable win was vs. Khan maybe not @140 but why would he fight Judah having been beaten by Khan, it just sounds like a pointless fight!
                Judah won his last fight, he's experienced, and he's a Brooklyn native. I agree that Matthysse should be the one fighting Garcia instead, but GBP is in the process of building him up as an East Coast attraction. Garcia is getting the same treatment that Canelo is getting, and Matthysse is getting the same treatment that Lara is getting. Lucas has earned his shot, and Lara is going to fight for the mandatory position. If anybody isn't doing their job, it's the WBC (they allowed Morales to fight Garcia, and they allowed Garcia to fight Khan). Khan got two consecutive title shots and lost both of them, so he definitely shouldn't be in line for another one.

From a stylistic perspective, I don't have a problem with the match-up. Garcia/Judah will not look like Khan/Judah, and I expect it to be more competitive because as the old adage goes, "Styles make fights." I think Zab failing so many times at this level is why most people hate that it's happening. Zab is a good fighter in his own right, and all we can hope now is that he provides a test for Garcia.

Comment

I like what GBP are doing with Garcia. By putting him against Judah is giving him a fight against a name fighter and still a capable opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                    Lol swift gets more haters by the day!
                    that is a good sign. more hate usually means more salty idiots, and more salty idiots means swifty is gettin big and steamrollin thru dudes.

garcia gon fuck zab up!!

Comment

Calm down people. Swift won't need 40 fights to prepare for Lucas. It will happen and then you can either stfu and eat ur words or have ur hating asses validated.wtf?

Comment

Working...
                      X