Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamboa: What is the latest news on Yuri?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamboa: What is the latest news on Yuri?

Last I heard he had split with Top Rank. Any idea if he's officially signed up with anyone else and when his next fight will be?

He is with the #Moneyteam

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
      He is with the #Moneyteam
      I know he's been around the moneyteam but is it confirmed he's signed with them and any news on his next opponent or even when it is?

Comment

I haven't heard a word since they Top Rank and Gamboa announced they would be going their seperate ways and everything was settled. Very interested to see what he does next, hopefully fights this year.

Comment

He's obviously signed up with whomever bought his way out of Top Rank in exchange for potential lucrative fights. He hasn't been fighting = no income, so we have to assume he's in a deep financial hole. Aside from personal expenses he has to pay these mafias, whatever you call them, as soon as he gets back into the ring. So now they may be looking for a big fight. But I doubt he can even find one that could bring him $1 million for his purse alone. Even relatively known fighters like Khan, Donaire, etc., don't get that much.

Comment

Working...
          X