Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people on here like how ABRIL fought??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
    I feel the same exact way, and while i know people are screaming robbery i am glad they didn't reward and encourage that kind of style of boxing. That could seriously destroy this sport if every bum decides to fight like that.
    I was saying after the fight before the scorecards were announced "hopefully they rob Abril" because I don't like this (New?) style of clinching every chance you get. Once or twice per round is okay, but Abril did it EVERY TIME Rios came in.

Comment

Don't like it, but it wasn't as bad as Carlos Molina, that's for sure.

The difference between those 2 fights is that Rios couldn't mount anything, and won a round at the most, 2 if you're being generous. Kirkland won 3 of those 10 rounds, and was on the verge of knocking Molina out in the 10th, had it not been for the holding.

I don't like it, but it is what it is.

Comment

I like the parts where he nailed Rios coming in and beat him to the punch.

I also like the shoulder roll stuff on the inside.

No one likes the holding of course, but it wasn't a completely bad performance.

He did a lot of good things in there, jab, movement, nice combos, good defense.

Comment

But it was technical when Molina did it right?

s'ism at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
            I feel the same exact way, and while i know people are screaming robbery i am glad they didn't reward and encourage that kind of style of boxing. That could seriously destroy this sport if every bum decides to fight like that.
            It seems that Abril has a lot of fans on here though.. His style of fightng makes me want to watch baseball instead. I literally keot flippin the channels while the fight was on.

Comment

I did.

If Abril had a little more pop, it wouldn't even be a question.

Rios? This dude is calling out Ortiz?

Lmaaoooooo....

Comment

Entertaining style or not he won that fight easily, and you can't start giving a fighter a decsion based on a "crowd pleasing style, it makes a mockery of the sport.

Anyway lets not act like Abril was doing anything spectacular. If Rios had've jabbed more, cut off the ring, and and actually tried to counter his way into it the fight instead of just walking forward throwing wide sloppy punches he would've made his night alot easier. The reason Rios seems to have a crowd pleasing style is because at the end of the day he's not that good a fighter who's been fighting other average fighters.
                Last edited by Hitman Hodgson; 04-15-2012, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                  Don't like it, but it wasn't as bad as Carlos Molina, that's for sure.

The difference between those 2 fights is that Rios couldn't mount anything, and won a round at the most, 2 if you're being generous. Kirkland won 3 of those 10 rounds, and was on the verge of knocking Molina out in the 10th, had it not been for the holding.

I don't like it, but it is what it is.
                  Come on man Molina at least will exchange punches but I will agree he holds too much. This cliwn Abril was literally holding Rios gloves.

Comment

If you like the way Abril fights, then you're not apart of the solution, you're apart of the problem.

That wasn't fighting smart. Clinching is against the rules, he was fighting DIRTY and it's a cheap way to win fights.

Comment

Last night was another where the commentators exaggerated what was happening in the ring. They would keep saying the Abril was picking Rios apart in the middle of a 40 second sequence where he didn't throw a single punch. He didn't land THAT many punches and Rios probably threw 3X what Abril did.

Comment

Working...
                      X