Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshuas game plan??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like dillian whyte said he just didn't he just didn't have the roids to get the job done

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      The gamelan was to box him and not plant his feet. That's what McCracken was calling for the whole time. AJ didn't follow it.
      yeah haha he really did the complete opposite. Sat in pocket for like whole 3 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        He really didn't expect Ruiz to press him and take command of the ring. I think that threw him off his game as well, having a shorter guy pressing him and sitting so low ready to counter. AJ is severely limited as well, he's not a Crawford type of guy who's going to adjust, he's there to muscle his opponents down with power.
        Don't forget the chin issue.

I keep re watching the clip, punches didn't look crazy...I think a lot of guys could take those shots at heavy weight..

The first shot Ruiz got him with looked kinda soft not sure why

Comment

Joshua couldn't fight tall, because Ruiz totally took his jab away from him. That was a clinic from Ruiz on how to neutralize a taller figher's jab. Ruiz caught the jab with his right hand, he slipped it, and he also took the step back when he had to. Then when he had the timing down he started hooking and throwing combinations off of Joshua's jab.

Don't buy any idea of Joshu being careless. He showed genuine techincal flaws. Joshua had ZERO head movement while he's exchanging. After he landed that big right on Ruiz he went in throwing punches like a rockem sockem robot without so much as trying to roll under/bob&weave, dip down to the side, etc... to protect himself while he was flailing punches away. Look what Ruiz did during the exchange, he actually makes the effort to slip/bob down and get his head out of the way a couple of times, right before he comes back with that left hook that hurt Joshua. It was a thorough outboxing for me not only just a perfectly placed shot because of Joshua's recklessness or whatever. I don't see what AJ is going to improve in overall boxing ability in such a short amount of time

:47 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
            Haas to be questioned here. Your fighting a guy who was competitive with parker and can punch.

His coaches should have advised at all costs against a risky fire fight.

Joshua looked like he was in a hurry to get him out of there.
            Easy to say in hindsight. He knocked him down with a good combo in the third. If he had finished him off rather than be caught with a counter it would have just been a three round demolition job he would have been given no credit for

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              yeah haha he really did the complete opposite. Sat in pocket for like whole 3 seconds
              Yea. While the whole thing went south after AJ pushed too hard for the KO (exactly like he did against Wlad) you can see early on that when he was feeling him out, he didn't respect him. McCracken clearly did, but AJ thought he could feel him out at his own pace. I think he's going to be really stiff after this. Most guys with shaky chins do after their first bad KO.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                McCracken was telling him to do that after the first round. AJ being gassed after 3 minutes of boxing isn’t an excuse, it’s a problem.
                I agree, I’m not saying it we an excuse AJ was gassed before the bell for round one was rung and that’s an issue. How can a professional athlete of his build look so terrible in such a short amount of time, I think there’s plenty of people who don’t regularly work out that have better stamina than AJ. People who do hard work on a regular basis but don’t ever hit the gym will attest to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                  I agree, I’m not saying it we an excuse AJ was gassed before the bell for round one was rung and that’s an issue. How can a professional athlete of his build look so terrible in such a short amount of time, I think there’s plenty of people who don’t regularly work out that have better stamina than AJ. People who do hard work on a regular basis but don’t ever hit the gym will attest to this.
                  Muscle is ****ing heavy, and AJ has a lot of what would be considered "non functional muscle" for a boxer to have. Its why you don't see boxers with his body outside of movies.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    Muscle is ****ing heavy, and AJ has a lot of what would be considered "non functional muscle" for a boxer to have. Its why you don't see boxers with his body outside of movies.
                    Agreed man, he needs to just focus on stamina and speed and let his weight be what it will be, more than likely he will lose some weight because of it but it’ll make him a better overall fighter. Bunch of jump rope, shadow boxing, speed bag, long distance jogging and sprints, obviously a bunch of sit ups and a ton of sparring, leave them weights alone man

Comment

Keep his distance & jab, especially to that belly, I saw him throw a few at Ruiz's belly & it stopped him in his tracks. He really just screwed up when he tried exchanging, if not for that he could've easily won the bout.

Comment

Working...
                      X