No announcement yet.

reggie miller or clyde drexler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
    Reggie and the Pacers did make the Finals in 2000. Unfortunately, they lost to Phil Jackson's Lakers.
    Yeah, but I meant even as early as 97 or 98. They would have had a better chance against those Jazz then the Lakers they finally got a shot at.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Yeah, but I meant even as early as 97 or 98. They would have had a better chance against those Jazz then the Lakers they finally got a shot at.
      what a match up would that be...

the pacers had bruisers with dale davis and aaron mckey against malone...

rik smitts would eat ostertag alive all game long IMO... so will miller vs bryon russell...

the real interesting match-up would be mark jackson-john stockton...

great match-up... i would have taken the jazz in 7...

Comment

easy choice. reggie miller

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post

rik smitts would eat ostertag alive all game long IMO... so will miller vs bryon russell...

I'd take the Pacers in 7. Jordan and Pippen had to play their asses off and will that Bulls team to beat the 98 Pacers and get to the Finals, and give me Reggie in a close game in the Finals over choking ass Karl Malone.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post

you forgot to mention antonio davis.

he was the real bruiser on those pacer teams.

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
              i'd pick Reggie Miller: good shooting range, talks trash, clutch performer
              Agreed... "Miller for 3........YES!!!!" Damn that game vs. NY I remember it like it was yesterday..

Comment

Clyde was a much better athlete and could go to the hole much better than Miller and could shoot pretty good himself, but I feel Miller was much tougher and had more heart.

Clyde was built like an athlete so things came easy for him and I think it made him soft. Miller was built like an anorexic somalian and it made him much tougher along his development as a player.

Comment

Jordan summarizes his experience with this 2 in his book For The Love Of The Game

he says guarding these two, he had a different approach on each of them

he'll be worried if Reggie, for instance, made his first 5 shots because he knows how to feed with his momentum, he knows he's in the game and starts talking

whereas Clyde, he's more likely to shoot himself out of the game because he would start taking all kinds of shots...but he'll be more dangerous if he, however, missed his first 5 shots cause he'll tend to get more focused and create ways to score

Comment

I'd pick Reggie.

Clyde had great all around skills but lacked the intagibles.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X