No announcement yet.

Why is Arum still protecting Valdez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    How about Stevenson vs Frampton? Or would Frampton not take that fight unless it is for the title?
    I would like that fight but I think Frampton isn't gonna put a guy over if that guy doesn't have a title or enough name recognition to get paid well.

Do you think Stevent can beat LSC?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      When did Warrington sign with Top Rank? TR & Warren have a deal to broadcast Warren's fights in the US.
      Frampton also has a co promotional deal with top rank. Just like through MTK global top rank has co promotional deals with Tyson Fury and Carl Frampton with Warren.

You failed to complain about Haymon protecting Charlo and Hurd from each other when he moved jermall to 160 and forced Hurd to instead fight Harrison for the vacant 154 IBF title. Where’s your negative energy for that move which is no different than from what you are saying top rank is doing with Valdez and Stevenson.

Comment

I would like that fight but I think Frampton isn't gonna put a guy over if that guy doesn't have a title or enough name recognition to get paid well.

Do you think Stevent can beat LSC?
        Yeah, I think he can beat LSC. Will be tough but Stevenson is a big FW and obviously very skilled. But before he fights him, he needs to fight someone of Frampton's caliber. Stevenson wants Marriaga and that's a really solid fight for him. Marriaga will bring the pressure to him and can crack some. So if Stevenson easily deals with him? Then he is definitely ready for the likes of Warrington and LSC.

GRJ would be an interesting fight. Not sure I would throw Stevenson in with him yet.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Bad comparison. Charlo was talking about moving up even before the JRock fight and the only reason he stuck around was because JRock's team were talking a lot of smack. This wasn't to keep two fighters undefeated or anything. Charlo simply put couldn't make weight any longer.

As for Shakur, he may be ready for a title shot but Ward wants him to get another fight or two against solid competition. If Valdez is still at 126 when that happens, then the fight should happen. But if Arum chooses to go with Valdez vs Warrington or Valdez vs Frampton, that's fine as well.
          its the same comparison lol. Valdez was even talking about moving up before the Sanchez fight (just like Charlo before j rock) and the only reason Valdez is thinking of sticking around for one more is a big money fight vs warrington or Frampton.

It’s the same exact comparison and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            Frampton also has a co promotional deal with top rank. Just like through MTK global top rank has co promotional deals with Tyson Fury and Carl Frampton with Warren.
            That's Top Rank co-promoting Warren's fights in the U.S. Fury is the only one signed to Top Rank

Now when the fights are in the U.S. Top Rank co-promotes

Valdez is signed to Top Rank. He's the fight Arum can force him to take. He can't do that to Warrington.

You failed to complain about Haymon protecting Charlo and Hurd from each other when he moved jermall to 160 and forced Hurd to instead fight Harrison for the vacant 154 IBF title. Where’s your negative energy for that move which is no different than from what you are saying top rank is doing with Valdez and Stevenson.
            What the hell are you talking about? Charlo had already planned on moving up to 160 and said he even stayed at 154 for that fight alone and has never looked back. If anything he forced Charlo to stay at 154 to fight J-Rock. The same thing I'm saying Valdez should do.

Seriously, out of all divisions to complain about 154 should be the last that's the only division in boxing where the best are fighting the best.

Comment

He moved to 126 as soon as Lomachenko moved to 130.
              ^^^I was just informed he didn't move up when Loma moved up. He was in the same weight class but fought for the vacant title instead of fighting Loma for the title. That's even worse

Now Stevenson wants the title shot against Valdez & he's talking about moving up to 130. Valdez level is Scott Quigg. Feed him to Stevenson and let the young boy shine.
              Valdez-Stevenson seems a no brainer to me also.

Comment

its the same comparison lol. Valdez was even talking about moving up before the Sanchez fight (just like Charlo before j rock) and the only reason Valdez is thinking of sticking around for one more is a big money fight vs warrington or Frampton.

It’s the same exact comparison and you know it.
                No, you said Haymon had Charlo move up so he could protect two undefeated fighters. That's not what happened at all. Hurd was irrelevant when Charlo was at 154 and wasn't even meant to be next up. Harrison and Lubin got more hype coming up than Hurd did. You added your own twist to what really happened.

Comment

The WBO needs to announce that mandatory so Valdez can scurry off to 130 where Stevenson will just eventually move up and take his belt there as well.

Comment

https://www.toprank.com/all-news/fea...p-rank-stable/

Comment

That's Top Rank co-promoting Warren's fights in the U.S. Fury is the only one signed to Top Rank

Now when the fights are in the U.S. Top Rank co-promotes

Valdez is signed to Top Rank. He's the fight Arum can force him to take. He can't do that to Warrington.

What the hell are you talking about? Charlo had already planned on moving up to 160 and said he even stayed at 154 for that fight alone and has never looked back. If anything he forced Charlo to stay at 154 to fight J-Rock. The same thing I'm saying Valdez should do.

Seriously, out of all divisions to complain about 154 should be the last that's the only division in boxing where the best are fighting the best.
                      Fury is not the only way he. Frampton and Warrington are also co promoted but only on US soil. If they fight in the UK then it’s just Warren. When warrington fought Frampton neither one had signed with top rank yet.

Like Charlo, Valdez already said he’s struggling to make the weight and said he wants to move up. He said he would stay for one more fight if it’s a big fight which is warrington or Frampton. No different than charlo vacating. So Hurd had to fight for a vacant title.

Comment

Working...
                      X