No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua Tops List For World's Most Marketable Athletes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    What a suprise that AJs personal cheerleader makes a thread pumping AJs tires and using a UK based magazine as proof that AJ is the most marketable star in the world

Nope not biased at all

I'm just waiting for Nahmean to make a thread something like

Anthony Joshua has replaced Jesus as most recognizable Human to ever walk the Earth

Or

Anthony Joshua the real life Batman/ Greatest boxer to ever lace them up during the day , Crime fighting superhero at night
    Fail on your behalf to try and make this some kind of British bias magazine. This is the first time a Brit has come in at #1 since they started doing this segment.. in fact the majority of the top 3 over the years were Americans.. but they're obviously biased.

Comment

Obviously Wilder wasn't included only because he's off the charts and they're still struggling to calculate the astronomical numbers he pulls in.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I would think his apparent conversion to Islam has reduced his marketability among some segment of the fanbase.
        He said he isn't Muslim yet in the new IFL interview but that wouldn't make a difference.. Ali was the most recognised person on earth and he was Muslim. Plus there is something like almost 2 billion Muslims in the world.. 2 billion potential fans.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
          Well he’s not really marketed over here. When I was at Turkey I saw a few posters of him.. never seen any posters in this country. In Dubai they had around 50 huge posters of him on the main road in Dubai and there was life size cut outs of him in the malls and appeared on TV ads there. I haven’t seen a single TV advert off him in this country.. He’s on TV ads in the US too.

He’s marketed heavy in other countries which I find surprising.

LOL his sponsor Under Armour buying up ad space to make AJ relevant. LOL Sky and matchroom trying to make out he's Ali - he ain't ****. Just another YES MAN puppet told what to do.

When Joshua speaks he says some really dumb ****.

Example - People should follow the realness and the struggle. That means something. WTF is he saying????
          LOL.

Tyson Fury KO's Anthony Joshua and the casuals phone the helplines Saturday night like when Take That broke up - difference is AJ gets DESTROYED. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyKing View Post
            LOL his sponsor Under Armour buying up ad space to make AJ relevant. LOL Sky and matchroom trying to make out he's Ali - he ain't ****. Just another YES MAN puppet told what to do.

When Joshua speaks he says some really dumb ****.

Example - People should follow the realness and the struggle. That means something. WTF is he saying????
            LOL.

Tyson Fury KO's Anthony Joshua and the casuals phone the helplines Saturday night like when Take That broke up - difference is AJ gets DESTROYED. LOL
            That's the whole point of being "marketable".. sponsors will pay you and buy ad space because of your commercial value.

AJ is the biggest star in Dubai. In the UK I haven't seen a single poster or TV ad of him but in Dubai he's everywhere. He's even sponsors by a Dubai travel agency. Just proves how marketable he is internationally.

Comment

Nobody knows who Joshua is. EVERYBODY knows who Steph Curry is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
                Nobody knows who Joshua is. EVERYBODY knows who Steph Curry is.
                Is that a joke? I've never heard of him. Golf is only really popular in the US, most the world don't know golfers other than Tiger Woods. Ask anyone outside the US they wont have a clue who he is.

But marketability isn’t exactly the same as popularity. Nicki Minaj is really popular but she isn’t marketable outside her core fan base.
                Last edited by NahMean; 06-29-2017, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                  Is that a joke? I've never heard of him. Golf is only really popular in the US, most the world don't know golfers other than Tiger Woods. Ask anyone outside the US they wont have a clue who he is.

But marketability isn’t exactly the same as popularity. Nicki Minaj is really popular but she isn’t marketable outside her core fan base.
                  Yeah the only athletes you know are Tiger Woods and Anthony Joshua...how convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
                    Yeah the only athletes you know are Tiger Woods and Anthony Joshua...how convenient.
                    You must be really old.. Golf is old peoples sport. I know most the athletes on that list and I have no idea who Stephen is.. but hey Tiger Woods was a golfer and he was marketable so I’m sure Stephen has is too. Loads of people follow golf but like I said its mostly older people.

Comment

Nice. And yea you gotta be ******ed to not see the potential marketability with Joshua at this point. Idk how future L's could impact that, but right now as long as he keeps winning he's looking good.

Comment

Working...
                      X