Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which modern boxer has the best chin and recuperative powers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which modern boxer has the best chin and recuperative powers?

I'm always amazed whenever I watch Matthew Saad Mohammed's (AKA Matthew Franklin) fights against Marvin and Lopez. I don't think I can recall a fighter post-2000 with as good a chin and ability to take a beating. Are there fighters I've missed since 2000 who have solid chins and can take a punishment? Who has the best chin right now?

Yes easily it's Oscar de la hoya

Comment

Khan @ 155 will have a monsterchin I'm sure, he said so!

Comment

Mayorga, Margarito=walking punching bags

Comment

Probably between Arthur Abraham and Provodnikov. Provodnikov went twelve rounds with Matthysse and blocked most of Lucas' punches with his face. Chavez Jr was blessed with his father's chin but nothing else. Margarito had a beard as well.

Comment

Nihito Arakawa.

/thread

Comment

Margarito is up there on my list. Not sure how he'll be now but the guy is made of cast iron.

Comment

I always found shane mosley to be one of those guys that can take a bomb to the face, be hurt but keep on ticking.

Comment

Cesar Juarez. Did anyone see how he was literally walking through bombs against Nonito and even dropped just to get back up and attempt to grind Donaire down? That was rather impressive.

Comment

Vitali, Gennady, Margarito, Provod

Comment

Working...
                    X