No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Destroys Bermane Stiverne in One Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gillie View Post
    Why does Joshua have to fight twice more before facing Wilder? This fight would be red hot now and requires no extra time to marinate. I wonder if Hearn has as much confidence in AJ as he says?
    Twice? Just Parker in the spring, I think. Then Wilder in the summer and Fury this time next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
      YOUr right about the first part, but ggg didn’t back out of a fight. He chose not to jeopardize the Canelo fight for a shot at a title he’d prob get a shot at anyways. If GGG had chose to fight Suanders over Canelo his detractors would have crusified him.

Crawford victory should be poo poo, but it wasn’t big enough to deserve p4p 1.

But yes, Joshua fans are frightened of Wilder, as they should be.
      First off, it doesn’t matter why GGG backed out of the BJS fight. The fact is, he did, and nobody has a problem with it.

You’re missing my point. Folks on here act like unification is the ultimate in boxing, as long as their fav is the one doing it. My post was pointing to the hypocrisy on this site.

Oh yeah, I agree Crawford’s win over Indongo wasn’t that big a deal. But again, you missed my point. I can say TC’s win doesn’t mean anything because I’m on record not caring about belts. But if you’re a belt guy and think unification is the ultimate in boxing. You can turn around and **** on a fighter for unifying. It’s hypocritical. It’s like I’ve told you numerous times. Belt don’t make the champion. The champion makes the belt. It’s just funny to me how people only seem to understand that when it’s beneficial for their fav to avoid a legit threat out there holding a belt. Like it makes total sense for AJ to fight Parker. But a Wilder fight isn’t a must.

Comment

• Now wilder will become super overrated. It's always the way after an impressive (although expected) knockout.

Comment

• Stiverne had Wilder's punches for breakfast in the first fight. He got lunch, dinner, and a midnight snack in the rematch

Comment

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            Stiverne literally got knocked out into what i can only call the "sacrifice" pose. Lmao.

He just laid there like the sacrifice that he was for Wilder to stay busy.

LOL **** had me dying

Comment

• [IMG]file:///C:/Users/DraconisXi/Downloads/Ant%20Videos/Project%20iygoih1.gif[/IMG] Kaboom !

Comment

• Originally posted by Bar Brawler View Post
                This is actually the first time I see Wilder fight(I'm a new boxing fan) and I don't understand the big hype around him. I mean, it looked like a school fight to be honest, didn't it? No technique whatsoever. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I don't know this guy.
                Dude, this is the HEAVYWEIGHTS. Technique? All you need is a sledgehammer right hand, above the Cruiserweight limit

Comment

• Props to Wilder

Even though Bermane was inactive leading up to this , that was a impressive performance and did what he needed to do.

Deontay has nuclear power in those fists

Comment

• Wilder is the best HW on the planet, period

Comment

• Originally posted by Bar Brawler View Post
                      Because it looked like he was just throwing punches like a maniac.
                      The haymakers he threw were only after he hurt Stiverne, before that every punch was straight and percise. You're telling me you didn't see a single jab? You didn't see the set up for the right cross that initially put Stiverne down? You didn't see Wilder measure and control distance?

Comment

Working...
                      X