No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Stops a Game Carlos Takam in The Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
    Ok I get it. You're not a fan of either one. I don't agree they're horrible technically but I hear that from the British commentators about Joshua. Its almost like they're hoping he loses. Either way, Takam is a good fighter but I would be shocked if he beat Joshua.

Gerald Washington was also outboxing Wilder but it doesn't matter because he still got stopped.
    Joshua has improved dramatically since I was hating on him early 2016. He is an elite fighter. Wilder? He looks awful and can't box for a few rounds then manages to get a KO....against awful opposition.

I haven't rated Stiverne at any point and don't think Wilder has fought anyone. He's obviously good and world level but there is no fight I can look on and say "this proves Wilder is top level"

I think Wilder and Joshua are there for the taking and I get hate from both of their fanboys on here.

Joshua is the better boxer, but I wouldn't bet against Wilder knocking him out with a straight right....but he won't outbox him, he can't outbox any one.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
      So if the 2 top title holders in the HW division aren't Elite . Who is ?
      Both champions are learning on the job as they have both stated in the past and Joshua has even said recently. You think Wilder is tested? Joshua is semi-tested against an old Wlad and nearly lost.

This is the thing about the HW division right now, after Fury ****ed up (who I thought was an elite fighter) there is only Povetkin who has the skills. Wilder and Joshua are just big guys and one hasn't been tested.

I will gladly hold my hands up if Joshua goes on to be a great on Lewis' level, but I really don't see the skills there.

Comment

Takam is getting stopped today

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
          So if the 2 top title holders in the HW division aren't Elite . Who is ?
          Only one has faced a decent opponent. Wilder is just a near 40-0 disgrace and Joshua has JUST proven himself.

Povetkin beats both now. He is the only one in the division with elite skills.

You really think Joshua and Wilder are ELITE and experienced boxers? lol

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            I wish people would stop talking about Wlad's age. Wlad's a great athlete that has taken care of himself his entire career. Yes, he was 41 but he still got a better physique than 99% of the HW boxers 10-15 years younger than him. I bet his stamina is better than most fighters too.

BTW...AJ should dominate and win by KO but if you look at the odds I can see why some would be tempted to put some money on Takam.
            Wlad was inactive and 41 years old! he was fit, he was conditioned..... but he was well past going in deep and fighting for his life.

It's like saying, oh, that old lion was still in shape and strong, but he got his ass handed to him by the young lion.

There comes a point when you are done, and Klitschko retiring after (when he so nearly won) proves that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
              I have my money on Takam tonight, the main reason being the incredible odds! Why wouldn't you throw an Ayrton Senna on Takam at 12/1?

Takam has this reputation as a come-forward fighter and an inside fighter, and Joshua and his team seem to think this fight will happen "in a phone box"....this is not how Takam fights.

Watch the Povetkin fight (another great inside and mid-range fighter) and you will see something that I think Joshua and his team are overlooking... Takam has quick feet in and out and good lateral movement, he also throws feints and does quirky head movements like Fury did against Klitschko. Watch the pawing jab and overhand right that he throws and connects on Povetkin.....this is where AJ will come unstuck.

Joshua has a problem which is obvious to EVERYONE who knows boxing. He gassed in the 5th round against a 41 year old man who hadn't fought in near 18 months...and STILL didn't put him away! he overwhelmed him and put him down but Klitschko got straight back up and would have won the round if not for the KD......KLITSCHKO FINISHED THE ROUND THE STRONGER FIGHTER......AT 41 YEARS OLD!

I have rated Takam highly for the last 5 years, he has been in my top 10, and since Fury and WK retired, my top 5. He is no mug!

I think Joshua will come out cautious in the first few rounds and Takam will stand side-on, with his shoulder guarding much like he did against Povetkin, but Povetkin actually engaged him and outgunned him, Joshua will NOT risk this and will try to counter Takam who won't engage until he is comfortable.

The fight will go a few rounds with Takam moving, feinting his jab and with CONSTANT head movement and Joshua will slip up and try to engage, Takam beats his body and wins the exchanges on the inside when they do collide.

After the 6th round Joshua will be visibly tired, this is when Takam applies real pressure on the inside and mid-range and takes over. There will be NO KD and then then letting him survive for 4/5 rounds, Takam will apply pressure when AJ is tired. Having the lower centre of gravity and more strength in the clinch and when tied up will only benefit Takam, and he will work the inside like AJ has never seen!

I am predicting a Takam victory. I have been wrong before and will gladly accept the ridicule if I'm wrong. I predicted Braehmer would have too much for Brant and was right, I predicted Fury would outpoint Klitschko and was right......I don't make predictions unless I have studied and know both fighters.....

Takam will beat AJ tonight.....come at me bruh.
              Scotsman takes pains to explain why Englishman gets beaten.

How original.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rodge View Post
                Scotsman takes pains to explain why Englishman gets beaten.

How original.
                You seriously want to start a serious discussion with stupid nationalism like that? GTFO!

I support British fighters and have many English sportsmen/women that I admire. I actually want Joshua to win tonight as I like him as a person and for what he has achieved.

I see where YOUR thought process leads you when talking about boxing, therefore your opinion means nothing to me.

Comment

vinny still upset about the highlander getting iced in 3 seconds

Comment

How long till this PPV card starts? ( *chuckles* ) I'm only tuning in to see Kal Yafai vs. Sho Ishida and I'm turning off the volume during the fight because of the unprofessional and disrespectful attitude of Sky commentators against the lighter weights

: I don't want to hear about 'these little guys' and the Joshua fight throughout their contest -- They might ignore the action and talk about bum Dillian Shyte vs. Robert Helenius or even Katie Taylor instead ; still Yafai-Shida is THE fight you casuals should watch.

Comment

Richards vs Buglioni about to start

Comment

Working...
                      X