Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In 2013, ABEL&Loeffler Said WARD Could Not Make 168...So Why Did ABEL Demand 164?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In 2013, ABEL&Loeffler Said WARD Could Not Make 168...So Why Did ABEL Demand 164?

Dont you guys just love boxing talk! God I love this sport!

Exhibit A: 2013

Exhibit B: 2015

Maybe just maybe it was a big "Fk you" for turning down the first offer we made you just like Lomancheko just did to Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Maybe just maybe it was a big "Fk you" for turning down the first offer we made you just like Lomancheko just did to Rigo.
      what do you mean? Look at the first video in 2013.

If Loeffler is saying Ward cant come down from 168, what is Loeffler implying? It's pretty straight forward that even during that time when GGG said hed like to fight Bhop at the full 175, but Loeffler says in this video, ''I dont see Ward coming down from 168...'' hence 2013...

Loeffler is saying ''down'' to what? 160? How come Loeffler didnt even talk about a catch when saying he doesnt think Ward would go down from 168? Then two years later in 2015 Abel and Loeffler say 164?!! LMAO

Comment

I love talking boxing in general. I like GGG and you are constantly attacking him. With you he can do nothing right and everything he does is wrong. I don't enjoy that. The Ward vs GGG fight was talked about for a very short time and the two sides never came to an agreement. It was nobody's fault and neither boxer feared the other boxer. Ward and GGG haven't said each other's name in years. They moved on and fought two weight classes apart. You should move on from it too instead of beating a dead horse.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I love talking boxing in general. I like GGG and you are constantly attacking him. With you he can do nothing right and everything he does is wrong. I don't enjoy that. The Ward vs GGG fight was talked about for a very short time and the two sides never came to an agreement. It was nobody's fault and neither boxer feared the other boxer. Ward and GGG haven't said each other's name in years. They moved on and fought two weight classes apart. You should move on from it too instead of beating a dead horse.
          Mirko and Robbie Barrett quite literally put me off going on this forum now. There's a few others but mainly them 2. They're on my ignore list but their ****ty threads keep appearing.

It's very sad how much time they have to devote to hating 1 particular fighter. Some deep seated issues going on for sure...

Comment

To swerve.......

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Sorry we need to balance the sport. Ward just retired and I imagine Americans trollers that fancy PAC and gGG love just downplaying the american gold medalist, so times like this we just need to state the obvious facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                what do you mean? Look at the first video in 2013.

If Loeffler is saying Ward cant come down from 168, what is Loeffler implying? It's pretty straight forward that even during that time when GGG said hed like to fight Bhop at the full 175, but Loeffler says in this video, ''I dont see Ward coming down from 168...'' hence 2013...

Loeffler is saying ''down'' to what? 160? How come Loeffler didnt even talk about a catch when saying he doesnt think Ward would go down from 168? Then two years later in 2015 Abel and Loeffler say 164?!! LMAO
                What's Abel's job? What's Tom's job? One trains and one negotiates fights. So you are taking 164 from a man who gets told who the opponent is and the fight date and what promos he needs to show up for and nothing else? That's the guy you want to take at face value as making a legitimate offer? Seriously? That's like asking a nurse to do a remove a lung instead of the surgeon. I know folks around here like to remove context from their arguments.

The facts:
                1. Ward was offered the fight at his full weight but he wasn't done with his legal battle and said no
                2. He came back and couldn't make 168, by his own admission and fought smith at 172 and by his own admission said even that was too hard on his body
                3. Abel is a trainer, he makes no business decisions, he gets told who his fighter is facing, what days they have promos to attend and when the fight is..
                4. Tom Loeffler negotiates fights, he is who sits down examines the options and has the power to make/agree to fights
                5. Ward and Abel had their public spat, Golovkin was not involved in this at all..has never disrespected Ward or said much of anyting negative about the man...Ward cannot say that. Hence all the morons around here calling him Lil G now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                  Sorry we need to balance the sport. Ward just retired and I imagine Americans trollers that fancy PAC and gGG love just downplaying the american gold medalist, so times like this we just need to state the obvious facts.
                  People do not dislike Ward for his achievements, they dislike him because his style is not casual friendly. Please stop making things about race or national patriotism. Many people who dislike Ward love Spence..this imbecilic position you seem keen to take is insane, absolutely f'ing insane. The same people who dislike Ward also dislike fighters with that similar style including Floyd. It's a style preferences, stop trying to make this bullshh of yours out to be more than it is. I don't like Ward as a fighter to watch I respect his skills but I don't find his fights worthy of spending time and watching, I don't like watching Floyd either, PBF version? Yes, the later on Floyd was boring to me. Does that mean I only like European fighters? Btw Golovkin as much as you like to trounce him is also Olympic pedigree.
                  Last edited by turnedup; 09-22-2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    What's Abel's job? What's Tom's job? One trains and one negotiates fights. So you are taking 164 from a man who gets told who the opponent is and the fight date and what promos he needs to show up for and nothing else? That's the guy you want to take at face value as making a legitimate offer? Seriously? That's like asking a nurse to do a remove a lung instead of the surgeon. I know folks around here like to remove context from their arguments.

The facts:
                    1. Ward was offered the fight at his full weight but he wasn't done with his legal battle and said no
                    2. He came back and couldn't make 168, by his own admission and fought smith at 172 and by his own admission said even that was too hard on his body
                    3. Abel is a trainer, he makes no business decisions, he gets told who his fighter is facing, what days they have promos to attend and when the fight is..
                    4. Tom Loeffler negotiates fights, he is who sits down examines the options and has the power to make/agree to fights
                    5. Ward and Abel had their public spat, Golovkin was not involved in this at all..has never disrespected Ward or said much of anyting negative about the man...Ward cannot say that. Hence all the morons around here calling him Lil G now.
                    So you offer a fight when a legal battle hasn't finalized...geez, that's rather practical isn't it? lol

Doesn't matter if Ward couldn't make 168 when GGG was interested in fighting Bhop at the full 175 back in 2013! So if Ward coudn't make 168 then why not 170? 170 seems in the middle of 168-175 wouldn't you say? Again, why Bhop at 175 but not Ward at 170 or a 172 catch? The guy thats knocking down Heavyweights in sparring...

Yeah we all know what Abel, Loeffler, and GGG do...they're the princessess of boxing getting passes with fans making up excuses and always giving them the benefit of doubt when they've been owned multiple times. Its rather sad...as a boxing fan..I aint buying their bullshıt

Comment

Working...
                    X