• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    Agreed..Good post..
    Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
    This, it sums it up perfectly green k
    Appreciated and returned.

Comment

GGG won. That's all that needs to be said. Personally I dont even like GGG style. He slow and not very athletic. I dont like his stance and dont like hia punches choice BUT I and every non biased or non male groupie or hater saw GGG win this fight.

Comment

GGG came out of it better, he won the fight, he knows that, Canelo knows that, even Canelo's fans know that which is why they were booing him straight after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DrHouse579 View Post
          OK, let's test the GGG hype job theory...

Was he over-hyped coming off the Lemieux win? YES.

Was he over-hyped coming off the Brook win? Probably. Many people made excuses for him that he wanted a "street fight" and that he didn't respect Kell's power, etc. We saw he has trouble with speed and fighting in the middle of the ring and inside fighting.

Was he over-hyped coming off Jacobs win? NO. He knocked down Jacobs, but we saw him as vulnerable as ever. Yet, there is validity in saying Jacobs was much bigger so he could take more punishment, has arguably the best feet and hand speed in the division, and the power to keep GGG honest.

Now, how can he continue to be a hypejob when he did better against Canelo than he did Jacobs? If anything, Canelo's poor stamina and his ineffectiveness against a bigger pressure fighter were exposed!
          A gassed canelo did just fine with hypekin... why?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... for me no one looks better... they both played it safe and didn't keep their word -- i.e. to go for the KO...
            I kind of agree with this. I predicted it would be like this. I never once thought this would be some kind of Mexican War like ODH and ESPN were trying to sell us.

Comment

A gassed canelo did just fine with hypekin... why?
              Since when is stamina no longer an essential attribute in determining how good a fighter is?

And, by this logic, is Canelo a hypejob because he couldn't KO a drained and gassed JCC?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I kind of agree with this. I predicted it would be like this. I never once thought this would be some kind of Mexican War like ODH and ESPN were trying to sell us.
                ... at least we agree on something...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... at least we agree on something...
                  We tend to agree a lot, just not when the debate is centered around Floyd.

Comment

I don't think it was a robbery, what made it seem that way was Byrd's scorecard.

I think that the biggest problem is when you have 3 judges on 3 sides of the ring, there are things they see and don't see. They are not to be biased by crowd reactions, but that's very difficult, a crowd would cheer for 1 fighter or the other, even if they didn't land cleanly, or at all. The judges score for defense and golovkin was not landing nearly as cleanly as some seem to think. He was also the more marked up fighter... now when it was Ward Kovalev 1, all people talked about, was Wards face being much more marked up. In this fight, golovkin was more beaten up than previous fights, but now that doesn't seem to be an issue. Kellerman always says "which guy would you rather be ? This was imo obvious as well.

This sport is full of hypocrisy and racism, as well as media influence and persuasion. I have said from the beginning that golovkin was a hype job. I still believe that. In fact, if it wasn't for Canelo's stamina, golovkin wouldn't have made it to the final bell.
                    You are familiar with the idea that one's preconceptions directly influence the way we perceive events - we can literally see things differently or selectively to subconciously ensure they accord with our expectations. We all do it, man, it ain't just you. But in the light of your self-confessed bias it's probably worth taking account of. Just sayin.

Comment

If Canelo got a draw against Mayweather, then GGG won this fight easy.

So it is a 2 blades knife for those here trying to diminish Golovkin's performance.

Just think about it.
                      And Golovkin won easy 8-4.

Comment

Working...
                      X