Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rate Floyd in ATG p4p list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's number 27.75 on my list

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
      I think I also named Crawford, Ward, Rigo etc. I didnt really say that our era was "better" Our atg's, and prospects are on a different level, from the fighters of the 80's as well as eras before that. The best we have seen, is way different from the best they have seen.

The difference between the fab four, and the fighters in our era, is that the Fab four all fought in related weight divisions, making it possible for them to all fight eachother.

Loma, Rigo, Crawford is way better than all of them. But these fighters in our era, are spread out multiple divisions so they cant fight eachother. Its no way you can even compare the eras. Guys like Ward who fought nowhere near ww or lw. But our standouts, make a mockery of their standouts. And make them all the same size and weight class, our era would humiliate them and batter them in the ring.
      Cool story, troll.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        Yeah, because they are either too green, over the hill, or never was the goods AFTER Floyd makes them look like sparring partners.

But what is prime?

Coralles beat Castillo, Casameyor, and Freitas AFTER he lost to Floyd.

Mosely was coming off an annihilation of Floyd boogie man Cheato.

Castillo became lineal lightweight champ AFTER Floyd beat him twice.

Zab Judah fought for belts 5 times AFTER Floyd beat him.

Hatton defended his lineal light welterweight titles twice after Floyd beat him.

JMM knocked Pac cold 3 years AFTER he fought Floyd.

Cotto has won titles in two different weight classes AFTER his fight with Floyd.

Canelo had two belts and a Ring belt before Floyd and has won belts in two different weight classes AFTER his fight with Floyd.

How, exactly, are we defining "prime"?

When I hear folks pull out that BS hateration about prime it indicates either ignorance or an agenda.

Floyd fought and beat elite competition, and did so throughout his entire career.

Period.

Just answer the question the way it was asked, and leave the captain save-a-floyd rhetoric to the hardcore Floyd boys, but you can't because you know Floyd might have problems cracking the top ten on an ATG list.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
          Just answer the question the way it was asked, and leave the captain save-a-floyd rhetoric to the hardcore Floyd boys, but you can't because you know Floyd might have problems cracking the top ten on an ATG list.
          There's no doubt in my mind at all that you don't have a clue.

You asked a question and I answered it.

Tough shyt if you don't like the answer.

Truth is, Floyd beat the best versions of plenty of fighters.

Not every guy he fought was at the peak of their prime.

But, then again, such a thing is not new to boxing.

Mayweather isn't the first or last guy to put thought into matchmaking.

But, if you take a look at who Floyd fought and when he fought them you will find a common theme- namely, most of the guys Floyd fought the last half of his career were guys coming off of KO wins, career defining wins, or both.

24 wins against current or former titlists.

12 wins against current or former lineal champions.

I think Floyd is easily in the GOAT convo.

Comment

how many high rank atg's have 0 fellow prime atg fighters for wins on their resume...
            First one that springs to mind is Marvin Hagler.

Chavez, Arguello, Monzon, Jofre, Napoles, Louis.

There's a few.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
              There's no doubt in my mind at all that you don't have a clue.

You asked a question and I answered it.

Tough shyt if you don't like the answer.
              You didn't answer jack. Like a typical Floyd boy, you danced around it.

The truth is, you didn't like the question, and tried to tailor it to favor your boy.

The question was, how many high rank all time greats have 0 fellow prime all-time greats on their resume for wins. Real all-time greats, not paper champs who was able to string together a couple of wins then fought Floyd.

Reading and comprehension is fundamental. That said, just answer the question, and stop making it about somebody trying to hate on Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                First one that springs to mind is Marvin Hagler.

Chavez, Arguello, Monzon, Jofre, Napoles, Louis.

There's a few.
                Finally, somebody who can answer a direct question without getting their panties in a Floyd bunch.

Much respect.

Where do you have Hagler on your list Mr. Dan

Comment

Finally, somebody who can answer a direct question without getting their panties in a Floyd bunch.

Much respect.

Where do you have Hagler on your list Mr. Dan
                  I'd have to think about that one probably top 30 range that is just going off the top of my head though but definitely easily amongst the Top 50 I know that.

Comment

You didn't answer jack. Like a typical Floyd boy, you danced around it.

The truth is, you didn't like the question, and tried to tailor it to favor your boy.

The question was, how many high rank all time greats have 0 fellow prime all-time greats on their resume for wins. Real all-time greats, not paper champs who was able to string together a couple of wins then fought Floyd.

Reading and comprehension is fundamental. That said, just answer the question, and stop making it about somebody trying to hate on Floyd.
                    No, I answered the question and did so easily.

Apparently it didn't jibe too well with your fantasy.

Those names I gave you are pretty much nothing but "all-time greats".

And since you can't define what "prime" is, I gave you information on what those fighters did AFTER they lost to Floyd.

There are names on there, like Castillo, Hatton, Canelo and Corrales, that fit what might be a description of prime based on age...which makes your already flawed question moot anyway.

But more important is what those fighters did before and after they met Floyd.

That gives you THE BEST idea of the caliber of fighter Mayweather faced.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      I'd have to think about that one probably top 30 range that is just going off the top of my head though but definitely easily amongst the Top 50 I know that.
                      i'd say hagler have to at least be top 20 - 25 to be considered "high rank" wouldn't you mr. dan....

we talking about ranking floyd mayweather realistically here amongst the best the best...we haven't even got to the guys who do have prime all-time great guys...

Comment

Working...
                      X