Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 76ers would beat 80's Showtime Lakers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ McConnel would work Magic into submission. Isaiah Canaan would break Byron's ankles. My boy Ish Smith would dismantle Coop. Jhalil Okafor would batter Kareem. Hollis Thompson you ask? Yeah, he'd give Worthy that work.

These Sixers would not only be a dynasty in the 80's. They'd be a dynasty in any era!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Where is Kareem? I don't see him

BTW this is magic with HIV playing against what would be known as the greatest team ever seen in history of mankind of course they will get dicked only reason it wasn’t a sweep it's Bulls didn't feel like it
      lol well that wasn't the point. I just picked out a random old game from that era to show you how piss poor all the players were back then. And this is 1991 when players were slightly better than the 80's. But yeah to go the the direct point of your posts heres a game.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
        lol well that wasn't the point. I just picked out a random old game from that era to show you how piss poor all the players were back then. And this is 1991 when players were slightly better than the 80's. But yeah to go the the direct point of your posts heres a game.

Piss poor? Lol now i know to never pay attention to any of your posts.

Comment

Whats up with all these petty/pathetic older generation players saying their teams would beat this year's Warriors?

From Stephen Jackson saying his Warriors team would beat this year's warriors, to Pippen saying his Bulls would sweep the Warriors and now Magic saying his showtime team would beat them too. It's very petty and immature behavior from these older players who are suppose to have more wisdom than that. Even the young players from today who are generally immature have shown more class by not responding to those statements with equal disrespect.

IMO, this year's last place 76ers would sweep the 80's showtime Lakers. And no I'm not trolling or hating. That is just my educated opinion from watching 80's basketball to today's level of basketball. It's not even comparable. 80's ball was amateur hour compared to today's ball. One handed dribbling, poor shooting technique, poor basketball IQ. Guards who moved like modern day 7 footers. Mind blowing how that generation's players could think they belong among today's level of basketball.

The older generation should be more respectful of today's level of basketball rather then be jealous and petty.

Raw talent is raw talent....team play is what wins. Just about every team in the NBA (before Michael Jordan came along) played team ball. Look at the Spurs and Warriors now - move the ball, play defense, rebound....fundamental team ball. An AVERAGE team from the '80s can beat today's 76ers because nowadays the ball stops moving and someone wants to be Jordan. And I don't know what film you been watching but all that poor technique nonsense does not apply to the 80s.

Also take into consideration the rule changes. These soft dudes of today would get KO'd Rudy Tomjanovich style (google it). Add to that the equipment advancements (imagine Dr. J and David Thompson dunking in some 2016 Nike Airs as opposed to some 1980 Ponys) and you should understand that it's not always about how fast players have become or how high they can jump.
          Last edited by Mike Haynes; 06-07-2016, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
            Raw talent is raw talent....team play is what wins. Just about every team in the NBA (before Michael Jordan came along) played team ball. Look at the Spurs and Warriors now - move the ball, play defense, rebound....fundamental team ball. An AVERAGE team from the '80s can beat today's 76ers because nowadays the ball stops moving and someone wants to be Jordan. And I don't know what film you been watching but all that poor technique nonsense does not apply to the 80s.

Also take into consideration the rule changes. These soft dudes of today would get KO'd Rudy Tomjanovich style (google it). Add to that the equipment advancements (imagine Dr. J and David Thompson dunking in some 2016 Nike Airs as opposed to some 1980 Ponys) and you should understand that it's not always about how fast players have become or how high they can jump.
            you see this is the problem. people make up bs from hearing all these legends talk about the old days not realizing they are exaggerating what they are saying. There is a lot more team play now then ever before.

Just because players have more individual talent nowadays doesn't mean they are less team players. Of course you have exceptions like the Rockets and Knicks who play a lot of 1on1 through Harden and Carmelo but that's not an example for a whole league.

Comment

Whats up with all these petty/pathetic older generation players saying their teams would beat this year's Warriors?

From Stephen Jackson saying his Warriors team would beat this year's warriors, to Pippen saying his Bulls would sweep the Warriors and now Magic saying his showtime team would beat them too. It's very petty and immature behavior from these older players who are suppose to have more wisdom than that. Even the young players from today who are generally immature have shown more class by not responding to those statements with equal disrespect.

IMO, this year's last place 76ers would sweep the 80's showtime Lakers. And no I'm not trolling or hating. That is just my educated opinion from watching 80's basketball to today's level of basketball. It's not even comparable. 80's ball was amateur hour compared to today's ball. One handed dribbling, poor shooting technique, poor basketball IQ. Guards who moved like modern day 7 footers. Mind blowing how that generation's players could think they belong among today's level of basketball.

The older generation should be more respectful of today's level of basketball rather then be jealous and petty.
              Stop posting about basketball.

Comment

Working...
              X