No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Rejects Idea of Catch-Weight For Cotto, Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
    might be cool if the middleweight title was actually contested at you know ... middleweight
    Catchweights have been around for awhile now.

Fkn awful aren't they.

I have been saying that for years.

Just think about it.....

If catchweights were completely abolished..... Cotto would have to fight Golovkin at 160..... Canelo would have to make 154..... and Golovkin wouldn't be called a chicken for ducking Ward

But, here they are, in all of their glory, now we have to deal with them.

Just like Cotto had to deal with it when Pac fcuked him over at welter.

We really do need to get rid of those damn catchweights.

But I doubt that it will happen before GGG fights the Cotto/Canelo winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      I still don't get it.....

The WBC refuse to rank Wladimir Klitschko in their top 10 at heavyweight, because it is against their rules to rank a WBA champion.....

And yet not only have they ranked the WBA middleweight champion, they have installed him as mandatory.

WTF ?

Can somebody please send the WBC this photo and a $20 note.....

pretty sure Golovkin is ranked at Middleweight by the WBC because he holds the Interim WBC title. Not that hard to understand.

and for Golovkin's **** resume ... Cotto did fight the same Daniel Geale that Golovkin fought .. their (Cotto-Geale) just happened to be @ 157lbs oppose to the MW max.

Moot point for Cotto's silly catchweights .. Canelo should take him out in November.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
        Lmao!!! This is how people make them selves look stupid. The paragraph you are referring too as the WBC rules on a purse split, is the rules for after a purse bid has been submitted and approved. Maybe
        You should have downloaded the entire PDF file instead of trolling for a way to prove/support your point. If you would have took the time to read the WBC rules you would have read that once a bout is ordered or sanctioned, both parties have 30 days of FREE negotiations to agree to terms and submit a contract, if this does not happen the WBC will send the bout to a purse bid where the rules you listed apply. Those rules do not apply to free negotiations, as I said, a sanctioning body cannot and will not affect a purse split unless it is a bid.

And why do people like you insist on calling someone a "stan" because you are proven wrong, or someone has a different take then you? I mean all it does is prove that you are actually the "stan". If Cotto vacates and moves back down I'll be disappointed the fight didn't happen, but I'm not a little bich like the rest of you and I don't know Cotto personally, so I don't feel either way about him. Just like I would be disappointed GGG vs Ward doesn't happen but I don't feel any way about either man.
        You are not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

Let's see if you can understand this:

Would you in volontary negotiations accept a worse split and worse terms than what you would get in a pursebid? Ie would you accept less than 30% and a CW when you are certain of getting 30% and 160 lbs if you just wait for the pursebid?

Don't tell me you don't get it. It's a very easy concept.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
          pretty sure Golovkin is ranked at Middleweight by the WBC because he holds the Interim WBC title. Not that hard to understand.

and for Golovkin's **** resume ... Cotto did fight the same Daniel Geale that Golovkin fought .. their (Cotto-Geale) just happened to be @ 157lbs oppose to the MW max.

Moot point for Cotto's silly catchweights .. Canelo should take him out in November.
          What are you talking about man, it is fkn impossible to understand ?

You clearly didn't put much thought into your post.

GGG was the WBA champion YEARS before he was appointed as WBC interim.

Why did they choose to recognise the WBA middleweight champion, but completely ignore the guy who has been dominating heavyweight for..... oh, I dont know..... about a decade? LOL

Why didn't they award Klitschko with the Interim WBC title when he beat Povetkin, their #2 fighter?

All Hypekin had to do was beat Rubio LOL

Are you telling me you dont think Klitschko can beat anyone in their top 10 ?

How is it possible that Wilder does not have to defend against Klitschko, and yet 153lb Cotto has to defend IMMEDIATELY at 160, against Golovkin?

It is absurd, and completely unjustifiable.

Golovkin is getting the world handed to him on a silver platter.

If he refuses a CW for Cotto/Canelo we will all be able to see whats up.

Golovkin will look like a paper champ who took the easy way out.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

Why did they choose to recognise the WBA middleweight champion, but completely ignore the guy who has been dominating heavyweight for..... oh, I dont know..... about a decade? LOL

Why didn't they award Klitschko with the Interim WBC title when he beat Povetkin, their #2 fighter?

How is it possible that Wilder does not have to defend against Klitschko, and yet 153lb Cotto has to defend IMMEDIATELY at 160, against Golovkin?

GGG was his mandatory in March. They asked him if he can step out of the way for Cotto/Canelo. Waiting for 1yr+ (if fight happens in May) can hardly be considered 'immediately'.

Golovkin has been champion for years, and still noone of note wants to step into the ring with him. If you call that 'silver platter, you're delusional.

And he has the right to refuse any CW since he's a mandatory. I'm not sure why you have such a problem when people ask the Lineal MW champ to fight at the MW limit.

Nobody is saying that Cotto/Canelo need to weigh 159.5. They can weigh 155. Just don't ask the mandatory challenger for the MW belt to become less of a fighter by draining himself. That makes you

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              GGG was his mandatory in March. They asked him if he can step out of the way for Cotto/Canelo. Waiting for 1yr+ (if fight happens in May) can hardly be considered 'immediately'.
              March was 7 months ago.

Klitschko has ruled the heavyweight division for a DECADE

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              Golovkin has been champion for years, and still noone of note wants to step into the ring with him. If you call that 'silver platter, you're delusional.
              Golovkin avoided Ward and Lara, and now it looks like he will avoid the Cotto/Canelo winner as well.

Team Golovkin have got you fooled.

Stop drinking the kool-aid.

Golovkin is a very well-managed fighter.

He has the exact resume that he wanted.

And he has the right to refuse any CW since he's a mandatory. I'm not sure why you have such a problem when people ask the Lineal MW champ to fight at the MW limit.
              That is just a weak fanboy excuse to me.

Actually, that is utter bullshht.

Where were GGGs morals hiding when he demanded a catchweight from Ward?

Golovkin stated yesterday that he can make 154, so if he CHOOSES to refuse the winner a catchweight simply because " he has the right "..... it means that he ducked that fight, no question.

The winner would be Golovkins best payday, and his best win..... and he is desperate for a name on his resume, and he is desperate to break into the PPV market.....

.... so refusing a catchweight, knowing that the winner will be stripped, would make Golovkin look like a paper champ who took the easy way out.....

.... especially considering the fact that Golovkin would make 0, and they used money as an excuse to duck Ward/Lara.

He will never be able to live that down, boxing fans dont forget.

Nobody is saying that Cotto/Canelo need to weigh 159.5. They can weigh 155. Just don't ask the mandatory challenger for the MW belt to become less of a fighter by draining himself. That makes you
              Firstly, Cotto weighs 153, I am sure you know that.

And I am also sure you know that only yesterday Golovkin stated that he can make 154.

I will never understand why Golovkins fanbase all seem to go into a coma whenever somebody points out that he has completely failed to live to his hype.

Their old schtick used to be..... " anyone from 154-168 ".

Then after Ward punked GGG at 168..... " anyone from 154-160 ".

But, after refusing a catchweight for the Cotto/Canelo winner it will be.....
              " anyone at 160 "
              " oh, except Lara, Mora, and any other movers/spoilers "

Secondly, fcuk the title..... we think that Golovkin is lame for offering to fight Froch and Chavez at 168 but then trying to drain Ward

Double-standards much ?

And I dont believe for 1 second that you have some wholly moral obligation to the WBC or to the lineage.... you have a moral obligation to Golovkin

Two questions ?

1) Do you think that Golovkin can beat Cotto at 156 ?

2) Have you ever accepted or supported catchweights ?

You have to be honest, because I am a post-history-searching-genius.

Comment

• Golovkin stated yesterday that he can make 154, so if he CHOOSES to refuse the winner a catchweight, simply because he has the right..... it means that he ducked that fight, no question.

The winner would be Golovkins best payday, and his best win..... he is desperate for a name on his resume, and he is desperate to break into the PPV market.....

.... so refusing a catchweight, knowing that the winner will be stripped, would make Golovkin look like a paper champ who took the easy way out.....

.... especially considering the fact that Golovkin would make 0, and they used money as an excuse to duck Ward/Lara.

He will never be able to live that down, boxing fans dont forget.

Why not just give the winner a reasonable catchweight ?

Can any of you fcuk-tards answer that ?

Do you even think Golovkin can win ?

Comment

• By rule the only way you get a catch weight in a mandatory fight is if both boxers agree.. Cotto vs Canelo is not a mandatory fight

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ406 View Post

He got that intern for beating weak ass Rubio are you dumb?

Comment

• What does Wlad have to do with GGG?

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

Well you don't put much thought into your post either because you're rambling about nothing. You answered your own question. Golovkin was only appointed the Interim WBC because he was able to fight for, and win the title

why Rubio had the belt is beyond me. But not shocking that a Mexican fighter gets preferential treatement from a Mexican based santioning org.

Klitschko has absolutely nothing to do with Golovkin and the WBC. Didn't Wlad fight Povetkin and take his WBA belt? That has nothing to do with the WBC. Povetkin currently has the WBC Silver for what it's worth.

they probably didn't award Kitschko with the Interim WBC belt ... because it wasn't held by Povetkin at that time.

Sanctioning orgs do all kinds of corrupt s*it .. I dunno why you're asking me. At times it looks a lot like they're giving preferential treatment for example

Sergio Martinez seemingly got stripped of his title for no apparent reason. Chavez Jr. goes on to win vacant WBC belt.

Tim Bradley was allowed to unify with the WBO, then stripped of his WBC belt for not fighting Alexander (who went on to beat Junior Witter)

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                      He got that intern for beating weak ass Rubio are you dumb?
                      I know how Golovkin got the Interim belt you muppet. see my quote you took, "pretty sure Golovkin is ranked at Middleweight by the WBC because he holds the Interim WBC title."

reading is fundamental.
                      Last edited by MJ406; 10-22-2015, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X