Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Erik Morales had a strength and conditiong coach, would he have been better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Erik Morales had a strength and conditiong coach, would he have been better?

Out of any world class fighter ever, Erik Morales "appears" to be the physically weakest. He doesn't even look like a boxer but a horse racing jockey. With his physique, I can't imagine him being that physically strong, which is why he killed himself all those years fighting at a weight classes that he SHOULDN'T have been fighting at anyway.

Do you think with a fitness coach that Morales could have been a better fighter at higher weights, because he wouldn't beat Danny Garcia at any point in his career.

Do u have any idea what his acclompishments are BEFORE the 1st Barrera Fight?

Considering the tough Fighters hes fought he may did more than what was expected out of him, went to weight after weight, just fought tough fights all the way till the end..

Comment

Yes, He didn't embrace the science till it was too late.

Comment

Maybe he wouldn't have been caught cheating

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
          Do u have any idea what his acclompishments are BEFORE the 1st Barrera Fight?

Considering the tough Fighters hes fought he may did more than what was expected out of him, went to weight after weight, just fought tough fights all the way till the end..
          What does this have to do with the question I asked?

Comment

Would not have mattered. Conditioning coach is not required to be a great boxer. Morales had great skills and great technique. In his prime he was a beast.

Comment

he should work with Memo. Looks at the results he is getting by roiding up Marquez!

Comment

Because he didn't have the 'look' of a boxer means absolutely nothing at all, every has their own body type, obviously, a lot of great boxers don't have the stereotypical boxers body.

He was a master in his prime, hit plenty hard enough and had enough stamina for me too believe that whatever he was doing in training couldn't have been improved by much by bringing in a strength and conditioning coach.

Comment

He worked with Ariza before Pacquiao did so I'm pretty sure he was up on the latest. But he fired Alex after having continual stomach problems.

Comment

Morales use to only eat strawberries to make weight. That is not healthy for anyone, so I am guessing too much muscle would have been bad for weight, but also muscle loss happened from starving himself. He is taller than the other '3' too.

Comment

Working...
                    X