Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Real Money Fight. Who You Got!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] The Real Money Fight. Who You Got!?

It don't get no bigger. This is a LEGIT toss-up.

I gotta say, I think Floyd sparks Punk in 3 rounds.
    TBE: Floyd "Money" Mayweather. 0-0 in UFC, soon to be 1-0
    50.00%
    BITW: Phil "CM Punk" Brooks. 0-1 in UFC, soon to be 1-1
    50.00%
    A draw
    0.00%
    Too close to call it
    0.00%

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    It don't get no bigger. This is a LEGIT toss-up.

I gotta say, I think Floyd sparks Punk in 3 rounds.
    Punk would fight safe, take him down and keep him down for a boring three rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Punk would fight safe, take him down and keep him down for a boring three rounder.
      Fight safe? Did you not see the Gall fight?

He'll come out hot since Floyd is new, get caught with a check hook. Won't be able to take getting punched that hard.

Comment

Floyd for sure, couple of fast hands with lighter gloves will send Punk to sleep

Comment

We need to hear the opinion of the Big Show, he's the only common opponent between Floyd and Punk.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            We need to hear the opinion of the Big Show, he's the only common opponent between Floyd and Punk.
            Only man to face Floyd, Punk and Brock.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Only man to face Floyd, Punk and Brock.
              And Akebono, the Sumo wrestling legend.

Big Show vs. Shaq was talked about for the last 10 years, but that match kept getting canceled. Shaq is old and no one really cares about that match anymore.

Comment

It might seem a bit stupid but to underestimate Punk here is not smart.

Although he had a poor showing against Gall, he has still been training MMA now for a few years. This will include daily wrestling, Muay Thai, etc.

I can imagine Floyd hasn't wrestled a day since leaving school. Even with his less than stellar experience so far, i would imagine Punk has a far better wrestling pedigree since he is wrestling on a semi-regular basis with fighters like Woodley, Pettis and World Champion Wrestler/MMA fighter Ben Askren. His overall skill level will far outmatch Floyd.

Think how people looked at and reacted to Punk when he was in the Octogan. He looked basic, even with a few years training, add another 18 months training on to that now. Then let's think of Floyd who probably has 0 days training and experience, other than boxing.

Unless Floyd lands the big strike straight away, I imagine, most, if not all contracted UFC fighters at his weight will beat him comfortably.

If you can kick, that reaches further than punching, if you can get close enough to grab him and grapple, it's probably game over. The only thing stopping that is good movement and a big punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  And Akebono, the Sumo wrestling legend.

Big Show vs. Shaq was talked about for the last 10 years, but that match kept getting canceled. Shaq is old and no one really cares about that match anymore.
                  From what I remember it was Big Shows fault the last time. Something about him not being in shape.

Comment

The chatter's heating up - CALLED IT

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/1...oxing-mma-news

Originally posted by BloodyElbow.com
                    Jeff Mayweather was recently asked about what he thought of his nephew possibly fighting Punk, and he was immediately on board with the idea.

“I don’t know who that is, but we might actually whoop his ass first,” Jeff told Jody Kohn in a somewhat confrontational interview they had last week.
                    I support it. CM Punk as a gatekeeper.

Comment

Working...
                    X