Collapse
No announcement yet.

who still thinks golovkin wins easy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It won't be easy otherwise it wouldn't be intriguing and people wouldn't want to watch.
    Unless they just want to pay to see nelo beaten badly for picking on lightweights with weak chins.

Comment

I've always thought this would be a mauling and I still do. Canelo will give it he's all but I see a Rosario Chavez type fight. Golovkin does all the hurting in this one, and Canelo takes alot of punishment in this one I think. And then he becomes a blown up light middle who never fought anyone,lost to a welter, best win was Trout ect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
        Even if Canelo is able to outshine GGG in spots, he can't keep up the pace for a whole fight. I think his inability to sustain a consistent work rate at mid-long range will get him trapped on the inside or on his bike. He is a good inside fighter, but he will be outmatched inside and will take damage.
        I think Canelo is going to light Golovkin up in spots. People are still underestimating how poor Golovkin is in the pocket. At range he's excellent, despite not being fast. But in the pocket he at times looks as helpless as countless other ex-Soviet bloc fighters we've seen.

Against Jacobs he could neither think nor move fast enough to respond to the flurries when Jacobs stepped in. Canelo is one of the most fluid and accurate combination punchers around today. When he steps in and lets his hands go he is going to snapping Golovin's head back and bringing the crowd to their feet. And he will do this. Lesser fighters than Canelo have done it against Golovkin.

The question is if Golovkin can push him back enough to take away his appetite and energy for those types of exchanges. Essentially it's a question of just how dominant Golovkin will be in the jab exchanges, and how often he can put Canelo against the ropes.

If Golovkin can keep that pressure up then he can win a decision, even if it will be very difficult to beat Canelo through the judges. If he can't, then Canelo will score with the few combinations he needs to take enough rounds. And he will win some of them big.

Comment

Golovkin will stop him in the 7th round. Canelo had some bad habits in the past, taking breaks and going to the ropes. Those things can't happen in this fight or he will get knocked out.

Comment

The judges may give Canelo the decision ( Floyd fight was a MD) but I don’t think he will deserve it. He will have a jab in his face all night and whilst he does a good job of absorbing the power punches, he wont be in range to land enough of his own and like with Lara and Floyd, Canelo wont take the necessary risks to make it a dog fight.

Canelo will land eye catching shots and have success but between those moments will be long spells of Canelo sitting on the ropes getting his energy back. Hes done it all his career so I don’t see why it wouldn’t happen against the biggest guy hes fought.

If Canelo gets desperate looking for a big punch to turn it around Im not sure he carries the power to deck Golovkin. He didn’t drop Cotto or a weight drained Chavez after 12 rounds of landing every punch in the book so it’s a long shots to drop a guy whos never been down amateur or pro.
            My prediction is Golovkin to win on points.
            Whether he gets the decision is another thing but I cant see Canelo being busy enough. A boxing masterclass from Golovkin with tighter than expected scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              I think Canelo is going to light Golovkin up in spots. People are still underestimating how poor Golovkin is in the pocket. At range he's excellent, despite not being fast. But in the pocket he at times looks as helpless as countless other ex-Soviet bloc fighters we've seen.

Against Jacobs he could neither think nor move fast enough to respond to the flurries when Jacobs stepped in. Canelo is one of the most fluid and accurate combination punchers around today. When he steps in and lets his hands go he is going to snapping Golovin's head back and bringing the crowd to their feet. And he will do this. Lesser fighters than Canelo have done it against Golovkin.

The question is if Golovkin can push him back enough to take away his appetite and energy for those types of exchanges. Essentially it's a question of just how dominant Golovkin will be in the jab exchanges, and how often he can put Canelo against the ropes.

If Golovkin can keep that pressure up then he can win a decision, even if it will be very difficult to beat Canelo through the judges. If he can't, then Canelo will score with the few combinations he needs to take enough rounds. And he will win some of them big.
              I agree that Canelo's speed and sharp combination punching will give him some bright moments. As you said, he is in fact a great in-fighter.

That being said, I think you are weighing the Jacobs fight too heavily when it comes to evaluating GGG on the inside (I believe due to difficulty dealing with Jacob's size and cautious about his one punch power). He did look sloppy inside in that fight, but in previous fights against guys more analogous to Canelo in physicality and style, GGG demonstrated the ability to deliver heavy punches from many different angles while maintaining good inside defense. I think it will be his much greater capacity to inflict damage will put it in his favor as the fight wears on.

I don't disagree much with your final evaluation, but I disagree about where each fighter will seek to establish dominance. I think Canelo will not be able to establish it consistently at any range (although I expect him to spend most of his time working at mid-long based on his usual style), and I fully expect GGG to keep the pressure on when Canelo is in cruise control.

Comment

Originally posted by STEPHEN90 View Post
                i know golovkins sliped abit but everyones making out canelo has improved alot i dont think so he might have improved abit but i think its just the hand picked fights his had to make him look alot better i mean everytime he fights they make out like his like a james toney type i still see golovkin beating him up his feets to slow everyone has seen now golovkin only really has trouble with moving fighter and canelo doesnt move like that

i know this has been done to death but watching vids of the build up today i still think its easy work for golovkin
                I don't know about easy work for GGG but I don't think Golovkin can be beat at 160. Check this video out for my reasons:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z2bS9Q8TQBo

Comment

Canelo will look great early, land tons of shots but eventually will get worn down by jabs and hooks to the body and will get stopped late

Comment

And this one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1eQgJhYIk3A

Comment

Stylistically they are 50/50, so this is a great fight for the fans potentially. That said, it depends if they both turn up to fight. There have been other fights of this caliber that stunk (may/pac etc).

I just hope it is a better fight than may/mac, or boxing will bear the brunt for both fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X