Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 because he was shook by the 147 division heating up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post
    Like Floyd said - numbers don't lie.
    Good point ... and I didn't even make my pick in the poll .....

Comment

• of course he did. worst knock on his career.

Comment

• It was even better in 2009 so...no.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          It was even better in 2009 so...no.
          Ok let's see what happened in 2009:

- Manny vs Cotto
          - Floyd vs Marquez - Marquez was 2 fights away from struggling to move up 3 divisions!

...... so ....... YES!!!

Comment

• fighters come out of retirement all the ****ing time.

but as we know by now, anything floyd does is to avoid someone somehow. if he has cereal its because he is scared of toast and when he goes to bed its only to duck the couch.
            Last edited by #1Assassin; 09-06-2014, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• Its a legit question

The way I see it, if you can do good to great numbers with ortiz, alvarez, guerrero, shopworn shane, and Maidana, you could have done about same at the time of the layoff with prime cotto, a not so shopworn shane, an oscar rematch, manny, williams, pac

Didn't think Floyd should have been too burnt out in 2009. He was already fighting once a year at that point

Comment

• No he didn't but posters think it's a way to knock him so they say yes. Yawn. No matter what the question-the usual posters answer whichever way they think takes something away from his career. Yawn.

He maximized his marketability. Get over it and move on.

Comment

• That is EXACTLY the reason he retired !!!! It was a calcualted move.

He conveniantly returned after everyone fought each other and cleaned each other out. He left when Cotto was in his prime,Margarito,Paul Williams,Pacquiao was on a tear.

Floyd wanted no part of that division, he's all about protectin the 0 instead of defining it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    No he didn't but posters think it's a way to knock him so they say yes. Yawn. No matter what the question-the usual posters answer whichever way they think takes something away from his career. Yawn.

He maximized his marketability. Get over it and move on.
                    Every guy should maximize their marketability by disappearing for almost 2 years I guess. I'm sure all those tools you see sitting at WWE events cheering like its fking real are the same people buying all those PPV Floyd truing to sell.
                    Instead of fighting legit welterweight challengers he ran away. Floyd was great until he moved to 147. Besides Canelo, which he made come down for no reason in weight, his opponents blow. And he's still ducking Manny who's been through wars and is not even the same guy he was in 2009-2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      Every guy should maximize their marketability by disappearing for almost 2 years I guess. I'm sure all those tools you see sitting at WWE events cheering like its fking real are the same people buying all those PPV Floyd truing to sell.
                      Instead of fighting legit welterweight challengers he ran away. Floyd was great until he moved to 147. Besides Canelo, which he made come down for no reason in weight, his opponents blow. And he's still ducking Manny who's been through wars and is not even the same guy he was in 2009-2010.
                      His resume at 147 includes Shane when he was #1, hatton, zab, maidana when they were top 5. Jmm in his comeback. Went to 154 for odh and cotto. If you think that blows, says a lot about you as a fan.

Your last sentence makes it clear you prefer sensationalism to facts.

Comment

Working...
                      X