Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Alexander Povetkin vs Anthony Joshua a gruesome / disgusting mismatch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at all. Good competitive fight in which AJ is favourite as he would be against anyone, but Povetkin is a top 5 heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by No punch power View Post
      Anthony Joshua at this point is fully grown. So it really doesn't matter how much experience he has. This is a mismatch in favour of Anthony Joshua and against any version of Alexander Povetkin. These two don't even belong in the same ring together. Povetkin is practically a blown up light heavyweight with 20 or 30 pounds of extra unnecessary body fat which is what makes him a heavyweight in the first place. If he sheds those pounds and the fat, he will be no bigger than a cruiser weight at maximum. He may even be the same size as Sergey Kovalev.

Performance enhancing drugs is the very thing that even allowed him to be competitive at the top level in the heavyweight division. Without it, he is just an overweight light heavyweight that poses 0 threat / risk to Anthony Joshua and has 0% chances of beating Anthony Joshua.

Anthony Joshua doesn't even need to take Povektin too seriously by not needing to prepare or train 100% or all that much. This is a mismatch where Joshua squashes Povetkin like a little bug / insect without even much effort.

The days of REAL heavyweights below 6 foot 4 inches of height are over. Any heavyweight today that is below 6 foot 4 inches like Alexander Povetkin and is competing at the top level is almost certainly on performance enhancing drugs. Otherwise, there is no possible way they can even be competitive at that level. Performance enhancing drugs are what enables them to overcome their lack of a sufficient size. Without them, they are simply going to be BADLY over matched!

Don't expect any NATURAL and REAL heavyweight any more in the future that is shorter than 6 foot 4 inches like Alexander Povetkin or David Haye at the top level. These guys are FAKE and UNNATURAL heavyweights that are in reality, blown up light heavyweights / cruiser weights. They never were REAL heavyweights and without performance enhancing drugs, they are going to be badly over matched against REAL heavyweights like Anthony Joshua.
      I think you are overrating Joshua a bit here mate lol.

Comment

Artur Beterbiev outperforms Joseph Parker in most of those departments. Does that mean he is a better HEAVYWEIGHT than Joseph Parker or is going to stand a better chance at beating Anthony Joshua?

At heavyweight boxing: weight, size, physical strength and punching power > boxing skills and abilities.

A skilled boxer who isn't sufficiently powerful and physically strong is going to lose to a heavyweight that is less skilled but much stronger and much more powerful.

Alexander Povetkin is far too small to be a credible / worth / respectable opponent for Anthony Joshua. Joseph Parker is less skilled than Povetkin but is a NATURAL and a REAL heavyweight unlike Alexander Povetkin.

Joshua deserves 0 credit if he beats Povetkin. Joshua deserves at least some credit if he beats Parker.

If Joshua even struggles against Povetkin or loses more than a single round and ends up being involved in a close match against Povetkin, then Joshua deserves criticism!

And if Joshua fails to KO Povetkin, then Joshua was never that good to begin with.

And if Joshua gets knocked out by Povetkin or even beaten, then Joshua simply isn't a worthy top 10 boxer, never mind a worthy champion.
        My stats show otherwise that Parker is not better than Povetkin.

Both resumes show otherwise as Parker arguably lost to Takam and Ruiz who is smaller than Povetkin ,and isnt even built for a modern HW division . He also failed to k.o Hughie the lightest hitting HW who out pointed him with actual clean punches landed .

Povetkin has never been K.od . So theres nothing to compare Joshua too to get the conclusion he cant hit hard with no K.O .

Beterbiev is a 6'0 light HW so your disproving your own size theory using him as an ex to that of 6'4 240 Parker .

All your points have again been proven hollow besides that obviously Joshua should win bc chsnces are slim for Povetkin. .

Do the Parker match .
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-03-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtyApe View Post
          To true, and the funniest thing was is that his nose wasent even broken lol it was just bruised. Which is bound to happen. When your boxing lol
          I didn't even realize it was just a bruise! That's so much funnier! But the way they carried on the entire fight about how tough he was and how miraculous it was that he could fight through a broken nose was just mind blowing to me.

Meanwhile Mike Tyson fought Andrew Golota with a broken back

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            I didn't even realize it was just a bruise! That's so much funnier! But the way they carried on the entire fight about how tough he was and how miraculous it was that he could fight through a broken nose was just mind blowing to me.

Meanwhile Mike Tyson fought Andrew Golota with a broken back

That video is gold.

"I broke my back, My back is broken, Spinal"

Exactly though, Iron Mike was beast, tough as nails to.

But yeah they just ran with it the sky sports commentators are just so one eyed it's not even funny.

Because they kept saying it's a broken nose every other news outlets ran that story. Even though at the end of the fight they got told it's only bruised like wtf lol

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Not at all. Good competitive fight in which AJ is favourite as he would be against anyone, but Povetkin is a top 5 heavy.
              As a HUGE Sasha Alexander Povetkin fan, I feel like the little Russian might just become a victim of and might just experience UK public animal slaughter / execution at the hands of Anthony Joshua like an animal getting slaughtered / executed.

I really don't wish to see Alexander Povetkin's corpse laid in the ring and be decapitated into multiple pieces. It'd be a sight of absolute horror, gruesomeness, goriness and disgust. Especially before Fifa world cup football 2018 takes place in Russia and a Russian getting BRUTALLY murdered by a British. It'd put Russians into more shame and embarrassment!

It feels like a mismatch of the highest order. Alexander Povetkin is physically too weak and small to belong in the same ring as a monster and giant like Anthony Joshua.

Comment

I think the original post is fairly accurate. I've gone back and forth with a bunch of posters and wavered a bit in my sense of this fight.

Guys made a strong case for Povetkin's quality, chin and veteran guile overcoming the size gap, and guys made a strong case for Joshua just being too friggin' big, young, long and strong and rangey, despite the shaky chin.

I have always liked Povetkin, the PED scandal is what it is. And I am, admittedly, no big fan of Joshua and wouldn't mind seeing him knocked off his pedestal and have to prove himself on a comeback trail to earn the absurd adulation he has been served. That said, I am not sure Povetkin (or Parker) has any chance of doing it or any tool to do it with.

Based on Povetkin's age and long history of tough fights during which he has eaten up a ton of punishment from big, hard-hitting heavies, I really am worried that he might get smashed and hurt.

Comment

Joshua seems to be facing a lineup of geriatrics, I hope he emerges from this and takes on some real prime soon.

Comment

compared to African Americans and African British
                    Can’t be bothered with the rest of your tinfoil hat weirdness, but quick point of order to address here. “African British” isn’t a thing. It’s just “British” because we’re not as madly hung up about skin colour as the redneck racists across the pond. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by sweeterscience View Post
                      I think the original post is fairly accurate. I've gone back and forth with a bunch of posters and wavered a bit in my sense of this fight.

Guys made a strong case for Povetkin's quality, chin and veteran guile overcoming the size gap, and guys made a strong case for Joshua just being too friggin' big, young, long and strong and rangey, despite the shaky chin.

I have always liked Povetkin, the PED scandal is what it is. And I am, admittedly, no big fan of Joshua and wouldn't mind seeing him knocked off his pedestal and have to prove himself on a comeback trail to earn the absurd adulation he has been served. That said, I am not sure Povetkin (or Parker) has any chance of doing it or any tool to do it with.

Based on Povetkin's age and long history of tough fights during which he has eaten up a ton of punishment from big, hard-hitting heavies, I really am worried that he might get smashed and hurt.
                      As a HUGE Sasha Alexander Povetkin fan, I feel like the little Russian might just become a victim of and might just experience UK public animal slaughter / execution at the hands of Anthony Joshua like an animal getting slaughtered / executed.

I really don't wish to see Alexander Povetkin's corpse laid in the ring and be decapitated into multiple pieces. It'd be a sight of absolute horror, gruesomeness, goriness and disgust. Especially before Fifa world cup football 2018 takes place in Russia and a Russian getting BRUTALLY murdered by a British. It'd put Russians into more shame and embarrassment!

It feels like a mismatch of the highest order. Alexander Povetkin is physically too weak and small to belong in the same ring as a monster and giant like Anthony Joshua.

Oleksandr Usyk stands a better chance at beating Anthony Joshua because even if he is much smaller in size, he can at least make up for it with his skills because he is MUCH more skilled than Alexander Povetkin by a SIGNIFICANT and an ASTRONOMICAL margin.

Mini, pudgy, chubby, unathletic and overweight fake heavyweight that happens to be a blown up cruiser weight / light heavyweight with such low skills in Alexander Povetkin does not deserved to be in the same ring as a giant / monster like Anthony Joshua.

Comment

Working...
                      X