Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather was offered around 7 Million Dollars to fight Margarito!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    you are conflating 2 different things and i think you are doing it on purpose. you are changing quotes around so it seems like the contract extension and the sharmba fight were both at the same time...they were not.

here is the actual quote from the article below 'Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2420382

you for some reason decided to conflate the 8 million after the sharmba fight in 2016 with the 7 million offered in 2015. this is what happenedi n 2015.

'Pretty Boy' was offered in the neighborhood of $7 million to face Margarito. In what could best be described as a 'business move', the same guy who brazenly challenged the bigger Winky Wright decided to bypass Margarito, to collect nearly $4 million to spar with Sharmba Mitchell.

so he was offered 7 million in 2015 with no contract extension and 8 million in 2016 with a contract extension. please do not bring up the contract extension or try to conflate the 2 time periods again. you know you are wrong. the dates of the articles prove this.

also once again you dont understand the concept of guarantees. floyd might have made 25 mill against hoya but that was not his guarantee. no one wold have guaranteed him 20 million. not top rank and not golden boy. you know how i know? because he was only guaranteed 10 million yet he asked for 20 to kill the marg fight.

De La Hoya got a guaranteed $23.3 million for the fight, and Mayweather was paid a minimum $10 million
    http://beta.latimes.com/sports/boxin...327-story.html

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya
    http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2420382
    so as you can see he priced himself out of the hoya fight only to accept half of what he demanded before.
    Dude, I explained this to you all already. What are you not getting.

The sharmba fight was under Dan Goosen. Floyd returned to Arum after that for one fight. It was the Judah fight. He walked after that. Margarito was set to fight 1.5 months before the Judah fight took place.

They then negotiated on the contract extension and Floyd decided to go out and get a better deal.

You are the one that is caught up on guarantees. I'm talking about how he was able to get the money he wanted. He got $25 million. He made much more money whether it came from a guarantee or not.

After buying himself out of his Top Rank contract, Mayweather took unprecedented control over his career. Rather than getting paid a large guaranteed fee up front by a promotor like Top Rank — as is the norm across the sport — Mayweather stages his fights himself and takes a cut of the total revenue on the back end.

Greg Bishop described it like this for the New York Times in 2011:

"He earns a percentage of every ticket purchased, every pretzel consumed, every poster sold. He will earn from countries that paid for broadcasting rights and the theaters where the fight is shown.

"Mayweather, regarded as one of the best boxers in history, fights under a highly unusual financial structure, exchanging upfront risk for back-end profit while retaining total control."

After distributors and networks get their cut, Mayweather gets a bigger piece of the remaining revenue than anyone else in the sport.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/floyd...op-rank-2015-4

Is it more clear now?
    Last edited by travestyny; 12-31-2017, 12:25 AM.

Comment

yeah hbo were real big on sharmba mitchell lmao. hbo were big on whoever floyd chose to fight. were they big on margarito as a headliner probably not but they certainly werent going to show sharmba freaking mitchell fights as a headliner. he was offered 7 million for marg with no contract exention or 4 million for sharmba and he chose sharmba. you cant even believe it so you are trying to use future events and spin anything you find into saying it wasnt a better fight but its not going to work. it was a duck.
      Try to follow. The Sharmba Mitchell fight was promoted by Goosen...AND HBO HELPED FLOYD GET OUT OF HIS CONTRACT WITH ARUM AT THAT TIME!!!

With the help of HBO, Mayweather and adviser Alan Haymon broke their promotional agreement with Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, and signed a one-fight deal with Dan Goossen, who is promoting Saturday's card. An enraged Arum sued.
      http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/co...dan&id=2228717

Are you saying HBO was unaware that Bob Arum was Margarito's promoter when they gave him a big **** you?

I've explained to you over and over why he wanted out of his Top Rank deal. Hell, all you have to do is look up his purses following to understand it for yourself!

Your hate is causing you to constantly embarrass yourself with your lies and misrepresentations of the truth.
      Last edited by travestyny; 12-31-2017, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        Try to follow. The Sharmba Mitchell fight was promoted by Goosen...AND HBO HELPED FLOYD GET OUT OF HIS CONTRACT WITH ARUM AT THAT TIME!!!

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/co...dan&id=2228717

Your hate is causing you to constantly embarrass yourself with your lies and misrepresentation of the truth.
        you keep posting this as if it means something. why? how does it change the fact that he turned down marg for 7 million and fought sharmba for 4 instead? he still had to deal with arum later after the fight cept he made less money for this fight. he could have taken the marg fight and bought himself out afterwards. this is irrelevant info. are you just throwing anything against the wall and hoping it sticks after i busted you trying to conflate the 2006 contract negotiations with the sharmba negotiations?

7 mil for marg or 4 mil for sharmba

he chose sharmba! thats a duck.

dont try to bring up the 8 million again which happened the year after or how he was promoted by goosen therefore it makes sense to take less money? there was no downside to fighting marg for 7 million. fight him for 7 and then leave top rank if you are unhappy. instead he fought a bum for 4 million then left. try to refute that.
        Last edited by daggum; 12-31-2017, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
          Dude you wrote 2015 like 5 different times in one post
          well thats pretty dumb but i think we know i was talking about 2005. im more used to writing 2015.

Comment

you keep posting this as if it means something. why? how does it change the fact that he turned down marg for 7 million and fought sharmba for 4 instead? he still had to deal with arum later after the fight cept he made less money for this fight. he could have taken the marg fight and bought himself out afterwards. this is irrelevant info. are you just throwing anything against the wall and hoping it sticks after i busted you trying to conflate the 2006 contract negotiations with the sharmba negotiations?
            He turned down Top Rank! You want to suck on Arum after Mayweather bounced on him and had Goosen promote the fight???? How the hell do you think they were supposed to make a fight with Margarito when HBO helped Mayweather break his contract and he wasn't even fighting under Arum at the time. HBO obviously didn't give two shlts about Margarito and they basically told Arum to go **** himself. Floyd wanted out of his contract and he made the move to do it by signing a one fight deal with Goosen, who promoted the Sharmba Mitchell fight. I don't see what's so hard for you to understand about this?

And busted me trying to do what? You're a moron. I stand by everything I've said here because it can be verified.
            Last edited by travestyny; 12-31-2017, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              He turned down Top Rank! You want to suck on Arum after Mayweather bounced on him and had Goosen promote the fight???? How the hell do you think they were supposed to make a fight with Margarito when HBO helped Mayweather break his contract and he wasn't even fighting under Arum at the time. HBO obviously didn't give two shlts about Margarito and they basically told Arum to go **** himself. Floyd wanted out of his contract and he made the move to do it. I don't see what's so hard for you to understand about this?

And busted me trying to do what? You're a moron. I stand by everything I've said here because it can be verified.
              you arent making any sense. you think hbo wanted floyd-sharmba and not floyd-margarito? its just comical. you are working backwards here. the reason he left top rank is because they wanted him to fight marg and he wanted someone easier. he went through this whole fuss just to get an easier opponent for less money. you take that info and process it and somehow come out with floyd wasnt ducking? thats kind of proof he was ducking but hmmm...he went so crazy they wanted him to fight marg he ran away to another promoter for less money. thats amazing. he only got out of his contract later anyway so its irrelevant. he could have fought marg and then left but he went crazy just at the thought of fighting him.

also you never explained why floyd demanded a 20 million guarantee to fight hoya then accepted 10 when he was with golden boy? you think he was serious about fighting marg by demanding that craziness? something so crazy that he happily accepted half of what he demanded before. makes no sense.

i busted you changing quotes. when you have to do that you lost the argument and are just in full fanboy mode but i caught you. you said floyd turned down 7 million for marg because he wanted to fight hoya, cotto, haton etc.... that was not the offer and you know it. you didnt post the direct quote because it was 8 million not 7 million. the 7 million was from the year before when he fought sharmba. you wanted to conflate the two timelines because you couldnt believe floyd would really turn down 7 for marg and try to fight sharmba for much less. i dont get it. we both know what he did yet you are still defending him and pretending. you want to beat me so bad you are willing to make up quotes and lie to defend him? why? this isnt me against you. its just saying the truth. yes he ducked. it was embarrassing. dont be so offended. people arent perfect.
              Last edited by daggum; 12-31-2017, 12:32 AM.

Comment

dont try to bring up the 8 million again which happened the year after or how he was promoted by goosen therefore it makes sense to take less money? there was no downside to fighting marg for 7 million. fight him for 7 and then leave top rank if you are unhappy. instead he fought a bum for 4 million then left. try to refute that.

When did I bring up 8 million?????? Now breathe and read it again. He broke his contract with Top Rank which caused Arum to sue. He signed a one fight deal with Goosen Tutor. Obviously he isn't going to be fighting Margarito. The Sharmba Mitchell fight was the Goosen Tutor promoted bout in which he planned would be the first fight after he broke free of the Top Rank contract. The Goosen Tutor fight went on and then when he was forced to return Arum negotiated with Don King for the Judah fight, while Margarito fought 1.5 months earlier than that Judah/Mayweathr fight after his already signed fight was pushed back after Klitschko was injured and the main event was called off. HBO seemed to have very little interest in Margarito at that time, according to reports.

This can all be verified. You are in denial.

Comment

you arent making any sense. you think hbo wanted floyd-sharmba and not floyd-margarito? its just comical.
                  Is it comical. Why are you ducking this?

With the help of HBO, Mayweather and adviser Alan Haymon broke their promotional agreement with Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, and signed a one-fight deal with Dan Goossen, who is promoting Saturday's card. An enraged Arum sued.

ONCE AGAIN, DO YOU THINK THAT HBO HAD NO IDEA THAT ARUM WAS MARGARITO'S PROMOTER WHEN THEY GAVE HIM THAT BIG **** YOU????

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  also you never explained why floyd demanded a 20 million guarantee to fight hoya then accepted 10 when he was with golden boy? you think he was serious about fighting marg by demanding that craziness? something so crazy that he happily accepted half of what he demanded before. makes no sense.

YESS I MUTHA****ING DID. GODDAMN IT. CAN YOU READ?

After buying himself out of his Top Rank contract, Mayweather took unprecedented control over his career. Rather than getting paid a large guaranteed fee up front by a promotor like Top Rank — as is the norm across the sport — Mayweather stages his fights himself and takes a cut of the total revenue on the back end.

Greg Bishop described it like this for the New York Times in 2011:

"He earns a percentage of every ticket purchased, every pretzel consumed, every poster sold. He will earn from countries that paid for broadcasting rights and the theaters where the fight is shown.

"Mayweather, regarded as one of the best boxers in history, fights under a highly unusual financial structure, exchanging upfront risk for back-end profit while retaining total control."

After distributors and networks get their cut, Mayweather gets a bigger piece of the remaining revenue than anyone else in the sport.
                  http://www.businessinsider.com/floyd...op-rank-2015-4

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  i busted you changing quotes. when you have to do that you lost the argument and are just in full fanboy mode but i caught you. you said floyd turned down 7 million for marg because he wanted to fight hoya, cotto, haton etc.... that was not the offer and you know it. you didnt post the direct quote because it was 8 million not 7 million. the 7 million was from the year before when he fought sharmba. you wanted to conflate the two timelines because you couldnt believe floyd would really turn down 7 for marg and try to fight sharmba for much less. i dont get it. we both know what he did yet you are still defending him and pretending. you want to beat me so bad you are willing to make up quotes and lie to defend him? why? this isnt me against you. its just saying the truth. yes he ducked. it was embarrassing. dont be so offended. people arent perfect.

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. I HAVEN'T CHANGED ANYTHING. I'VE EDITED TO ADD MORE INFORMATION, BUT I HAVEN'T CHANGED ONE THING. YOU ARE JUST TOO BUTTHURT TO FACE THE REALITY THAT YOU ARE WRONG! I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER MENTIONING ANYTHING ABOUT 8 MILLION DOLLARS. EVERYTHING THAT I'VE MENTIONED CAN BE VERIFIED. I HAVEN'T SEEN NOT ONE THING VERIFIED BY YOU.

FOR HOPEFULLY THE LAST ****ING TIME, THE SHARMBA MITCHELL FIGHT WAS TO BE THE FIRST FIGHT AFTER HE ATTEMPTED TO BREAK AWAY FROM TOP RANK AND MAKE MORE MONEY, AS HE EVENTUALLY DID. ARUM HAD TO SUE TO GET THEM TO PATCH THAT UP, AND ARUM DID NOT PUSH FOR A MARGARITO FIGHT FOR THE NEXT FIGHT AFTER GOOSEN. HE PUSHED FOR THE JUDAH FIGHT AND LIKELY EVEN GOT A MORE FAVORABLE DEAL AFTER JUDAH LOST. HBO DIDN'T GIVE A **** ABOUT MARGARITO AT THIS TIME AND HE WAS UNDER CONTRACT FOR A FIGHT THAT WAS PUSHED TO 1.5 MONTHS BEFORE THE JUDAH/MAYWEATHER FIGHT ANYWAY. MAYWEATHER LEGALLY BROKE AWAY FROM ARUM AFTER THE JUDAH FIGHT AND MADE MORE THAN HE EVEN ASKED OF ARUM. THAT'S THE WHOLE ****ING STORY!
                  Last edited by travestyny; 12-31-2017, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• #FloydRuinsLives

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                      #FloydRuinsLives
                      This daggum kid is losing his mind over retires fighters and events that happened in 2005? 2007?

It's okay, daggum let it goooooo

Comment

Working...
                      X