No announcement yet.

A Solution for Amateur Boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Solution for Amateur Boxing.

There is no reason, given the present state of technology, that headgear cannot be embedded with an accelerometer, in conjunction with a jersey with pressure sensitive pads located in the scoring areas of the torso would be capable of finally delivering accurate scoring of both head and body punches.

This would indisputably measure both when, how many times, and how hard a fighter has been hit in the bout.

It would provide an concrete measurement of which fighter has delivered the more meaningful blows, as well as who has delivered more damage in a round cumulatively.

The instrumentation could easily be programed with a minimum sensitivity level so that pawing, blocked, and glancing blows would not be registered as well.

Fencing has been using an electronic foil and vest for years now (since 1936 to be exact!) to eliminate any doubt as to what the results are.

It is time that boxing implements a similar system that will eliminate once and for all subjectivity, poor eyesight, bribery, and incompetence from the scoring of Amateur boxing.

that would work for the current system but I'm reading 2016 Olympics will be a 10 point must scoring system and no headgear. So no more of this fencing with gloves crap.

Comment

The solution for every flaw in every scoring system in boxing is to knock your opponent the fu*k out.

Hopefully with no headgear we see more KO's in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        that would work for the current system but I'm reading 2016 Olympics will be a 10 point must scoring system and no headgear. So no more of this fencing with gloves crap.
        that's good news.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
          That's pretty much the solution to it all anyway.

Comment

But fellas..........it's not like there arent problems with the 10pt system...Same **** can and will go down...

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
              But fellas..........it's not like there arent problems with the 10pt system...Same **** can and will go down...
              True, but at the least it would be more fun to watch and fighters would be more inclined to punch in combination instead of fiddling around.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                True, but at the least it would be more fun to watch and fighters would be more inclined to punch in combination instead of fiddling around.
                I'm sorry, but fun to watch, is much less important than fairness to fighters. The amateurs are the breeding ground for future pros. Its important to reward their hard work with fair scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  I'm sorry, but fun to watch, is much less important than fairness to fighters. The amateurs are the breeding ground for future pros. Its important to reward their hard work with fair scoring.
                  Not sure if it is so much a breeding ground for future pro's as it traditionally has been - seems like a different sport to me.

The emphasis by and large is on scoring single shots from the rear hand that are easy to score. Not sure some accelerometer device would change that.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    I think that this is a system which should be at least experimented with. I don't know why it hasn't been proposed years ago as soon as the fencing scoring proved successful.

Comment

Working...
                    X