No announcement yet.

Strong source says Charlo wanted 20mil for Canelo fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me. As long as Derevy is around, he has options and he's just trying to exploit that by asking for a gigantic purse. He better not lose to Derevy or else the illusion he's created at MW will be shattered.
    It was shattered when he got a gift decision against korobov.

Comment

This strong source who makes all his videos while driving his car???? This same guy in his previous car video said Jermall turned down 10 or 12 million. Now he says Jermall turned down 15 million or 20 million. Why does his story change so much in a day or two and why can't he get the amount strait? Did Jermall turned down 1o million, 12 million, 15 million or 20 million? Which is it and why can't he get such an important part of the story right? Turning down 20 million would be pricing himself out but turning down 10 million is not unreasonable when Jacobs got 15 million to fight Canelo. Jermall is a champion just like Jacobs was and a more exciting fighter than Jacobs. This strong source can't even get the amount Jermall supposedly turned down so he says 4 different amounts from 10 million to 20 million and never says who supposedly told him this stuff. Believe this guy if you want. I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Since when is an A-side supposed to severely overpay his low-tv-ratings-getting, non-draw, B-side challenger?
        If the B-side is asking for too much. Go to purse bid. If the split is unfair, petition for a different split. The WBC is the most open historically of the four bodies to adjusting the split. They would obviously bend over backwards to please Canelo.

Charlo vs. Korobov peaked at nearly 2.5 million viewers on Fox. Since when is that considered low ratings for a boxing match?

If Charlo isn't a draw, why is he receiving so many big offers right now?

This all started because trolls were claiming Charlo ducked Canelo. Which is ridiculous. It was a mandatory fight. Charlo said yes I will fight. Canelo said no I won't fight. How can Charlo possibly be the ducker in that situation?

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
          he offered a good amount of money to get fights done
          If it's less than the fighter would have made in a purse bid, it's not a good amount.

Mandatories have no obligation to entertain offers.

Go to purse bid. Whoever ducks the bid ducks the fight.

Comment

People are mad at fighters now for wanting what they consider their fair pay for helping an event be big? Ironically the same folks who spend all day talking about money..and payday fights. Y’all helped defend fkery when it suits your needs and trash fkery when it doesn’t suit you.

Comment

the Charlo hype came crashing down when Jacobs confronted him and he tucked tail. that incident showed me this dude is all bark. he not ready for Canelo. there's levels for a reason.

Comment

Wow. Remember when 5 millions was good money for a fighter to get paid?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Since when is an A-side supposed to severely overpay his low-tv-ratings-getting, non-draw, B-side challenger?

Not wanting to get fleeced is not the same as ducking.

Ducking would be turning down a career high payday for a chance to unify two belts.
                  Mr. PBC belts poster ran away when he couldn’t explain the benefit of doubt for Floyd not doing mandos in 2 classes simultaneously for 2 years. Mr. PBC belt doesn’t want to accept that other nationalities can be cash cows....in other words, Floyd had a luxury with them purse bids doe, even when they were never formally announced like Mr. PBC belts mythical Canelo vs Charlo mando that Sulaiman ordered yet we never heard it! Mr. PBC belt denies that a virtual Franchise belt existed for Floyd

Comment

Of course

Charlo knows dman well he can’t beat canelo so he’s trying to get as much as he can.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      This strong source who makes all his videos while driving his car???? This same guy in his previous car video said Jermall turned down 10 or 12 million. Now he says Jermall turned down 15 million or 20 million. Why does his story change so much in a day or two and why can't he get the amount strait? Did Jermall turned down 1o million, 12 million, 15 million or 20 million? Which is it and why can't he get such an important part of the story right? Turning down 20 million would be pricing himself out but turning down 10 million is not unreasonable when Jacobs got 15 million to fight Canelo. Jermall is a champion just like Jacobs was and a more exciting fighter than Jacobs. This strong source can't even get the amount Jermall supposedly turned down so he says 4 different amounts from 10 million to 20 million and never says who supposedly told him this stuff. Believe this guy if you want. I don't.
                      I don't know about youtubers but Tim Shaw, Haymon's man, confirmed there was a $10 mil Golden Boy offer. So we know that's a fact. That leaves Hearn's offer. When did DAZN money become fake? Shields even said in Boxing Voice interview, they aren't interested in Andrade b/c he is nobody. The new excuse to duck unifications. We know Charlo isn't earning $1 mil a fight b/c Jacobs exposed him. Unless Jacobs is lying but I'm willing to bet the older established guys over at PBC know what the purses are.

Comment

Working...
                      X