Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agree or disagree the HW boxing champion is more valid than the MMA heavyweight champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree or disagree the HW boxing champion is more valid than the MMA heavyweight champ

Because to become champion in boxing it takes a far greater pedigree than being the best in MMA?

Like the pool of talent is much deeper there,s far more people in there competing?

So really even though they might be vulnerable to a takedown (if their TDD isnt up to scratch which it can be made up to scratch others have done it like cro cop like wanderlei silver like JDS Junior Dos santos)

Really they are the better man, because it much harder to achieve, the selection process is much more difficult?

This is the USA Top Team MMA gym, I think its run by a gay man by the name of Barry

Last edited by AlexKid; 01-19-2020, 12:45 PM.

If you can get to the top in boxing you (short of any major flaws) you are probably way beyond the number 1 in MMA, like Ngannu is nothing compared to Deontay and Stipe is nothing compared to Fury genetically.

Its not even fcuking close
    Last edited by AlexKid; 01-19-2020, 12:54 PM.

Comment

It depends on the batch.

When Wladimir held the title for 10 yrs of course it meant more than being the UFC HW champion (it was literally changing every fight, nobody could defend it).

Right now boxing has multiple champions drawing and rematching each other. No real face for the division & the candidates are all kinda annoying. UFC can take advantage of that.

What's posting a video of normal customers at an MMA gym is supposed to prove?

Despite what the "I TRAIN AT A GYM! FEAR ME!" goofs on this forum might make you think, boxing gyms are the same way. Bunch of average fatso customers. Gotta make money.
      Last edited by ////; 01-21-2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

The Heavyweight champion of he world historically has been the single greatest title any one man can achieve.

Heavyweight Champion, Olympic 100m Gold Medalist.

There is a timeless prestige with these titles. The UFC has not quite created this same prestige, there is a tacky shallow feel to their titles.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
          The Heavyweight champion of he world historically has been the single greatest title any one man can achieve.

Heavyweight Champion, Olympic 100m Gold Medalist.

There is a timeless prestige with these titles. The UFC has not quite created this same prestige, there is a tacky shallow feel to their titles.
          yea those 2 sports stand out as highly valuable, for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
            yea those 2 sports stand out as highly valuable, for some reason
            What I am stating is? Historically throughout history, as a single individual athlete 'Those two titles have stood the test of time'.

The UFC is trying to reach heights, climb peaks that Boxing and it's champions have already climbed. Still even today it was the heavyweight champion of boxing, that has brought combat sport to the Arab World 'Effectively that is what Anthony Joshua & Andy Ruiz Junior achieved last December 7th'

Deep down the UFC world champion is not really a World Champion, he is the champion of the UFC 'In one single boxing division, for example? The super-middle weight Boxing division world wide has more participants than the ENTIRE Ultimate fighting championship combined with all of its weight classes 'The UFC is like a grain of sand, small little combat bubble'.

Statistically, socially and politically the boxing Heavyweight Champion is more valid.

Note: Who is the UFC's heavyweight world champion? There have been points in history where everyone knew who the heavyweight champion of the world was, or at any given time who the fastest man in the world was etc The UFC even in this era of social media has not reach that level of impact 'It may not even be possible, Boxing rose up at the perfect time in history'
            Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 01-21-2020, 05:24 PM.

Comment

boxing is world wide, its a true world wide championship

MMA is a near monopoly with UFC but if you dont sign with them then you are on the outskirts with bellator and whatever else

UFC is the UFC champion.

Bellator is the Bellator champion.

ect.

Comment

686 BC vs 1993?

Comment

More much more competiton in mma.....used to be a greater accomplishment not anymore

Comment

HijabThe sport of mma is way way too young to know yet.
                    The top hw boxer is going to be known more than the top Mma hw I would have thought. At present for sure.

In decades time, I wouldn't be surprised if top mma guys and the sport as a whole is bigger than boxing, boxing will always be big though.

I've always loved boxing, but I have to admit, so much more can happen in mma its exiting, there seem to be better and more characters in that scene too, then because ive half heartedly done/doing BJJ(I'll go several times a month for a few months then drop it foe a few, more curios than serious about it, NOT an expert ) , I can understand and appreciate the grappling aspect more now.
                    Of you can appreciate the many facets of mma there is just simply more to it than boxing I'm afraid.

Mind you, casuals, I think they will follow boxing more than mma, those that are ignorant of combat overall, because boxing is just hands its more straightforward to them, whereas if it goes to the ground in the cage, they're more inclined to not pay as much attention.

I think it would be awesome if they Co promoted, so like just for an example, Canelo v ggg and mcgregor v diaz on the same card, that would do insane numbers and both sports get all of the eyes on them.
                    Pity that egos will dictate that would never happen.

Due to the history of the hw title in boxing, its always going to have that shine about it, but you may not be the baddest man on the planet.
                    Last edited by RightJab; 01-26-2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X