Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: I Think 168 Would Be A Nice Move For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
    So who should Canelo fight next?

The ONLY fighter from 160-175 that looks EXCELLENT at the moment is Beterbiev and hes also 34 or 35 years old.. so that excuse is ready made.

Maybe Caleb Plant? But hes also unproven and 1 meaningful win against Uztaci. Nobody left at 160 that is remotely deserving...Andrade LOOKS the goods but is untested and has been KD at 154. Charlo arguably lost to unknown Korobov and is fighting literal cab drivers. Hogan wasnt even a good JMW let alone a good MW...

Please tell me WHO Canelo should be fighting if you consider GGG and Jacobs "vulnerable" opponents
    Jermall Charlo or Demetrius Andrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
      Lmao beat me to it can people even read on here I swear.
      I do what I can lol..

Comment

So the only 4 fighters from 160-175 that are good enough for Canelo are Beterbiev, Bivol, Benavidez, and Plant?

And you think all of them are elite opponents without ANY potential for revisionist excuses. This is some silly ish right here
        None of the guys you listed are at 160....You guys are real scared of Jermall Charlo & Demetrius Andrade huh?

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
          Caleb Plant is there for taking. Easy UD win
          You better slow down if you THINK Caleb is "there for taking"

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWalrus View Post
            Plant's style might be awkward for Canelo? Andrade would of been at MW but that ship has sailed. I like Canelo vs Plant.
            No it hasn't. Don't let Oscar gas you up, that fight can still be made.

Comment

Charlo has looked vulnerable his entire career. That's why he doesnt take real fights. He has yet to fight a Top 10 MW despite receiving a free belt at 160...and his best career win is aging like milk.

Andrade looks the goods but he was down before at JMW and has yet to fight a Top 10 MW - he also didnt really fight a Top 10 JMW..

None of that matters much though bc Canelo is likely going to 168
              They both got belts except theirs is more legit than rocky's was, remember that guy Nelo fought..

Comment

And? Canelo moved up 2 weight classes to fight a future HOF career LHW. That's far more impressive and challenging than a guy with literally zero Top 5 wins at either JMW or MW and arguably lost to some cab driver.

People wouldve been crying if Canelo ducked Kovalev or was trying to drain him if he fought untested and unremarkable Charlo instead...THAT wouldve been a soft touch. Same applies to Andrade
                kovalev, a HOF'er??

And NOBODY would of said shet if Nelo didn't fight kovalev & fought Mall. That aint no "soft touch" You a scared fan, I can smell that stank shet from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                  Razor you and I and everyone knows GGG beat Jacobs, even knocked him down. We are talking about Canelo. Canelo should fight at 168 . He can fight BJS, Zurdo possibly, Benavidez, That Smith Brother, GGG . Several fights to make. If he really wants to test himself though he needs to face Beterbiev. That would cement his legacy as the greatest of this era though.
                  Negative, I saw Jacobs outwork & outpoint pvssy-g. Nelo has unfinished business at 60.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    you have to put future hall of famer in context when you consider the fact that he was clearly damaged goods. That's like saying he beat a future hall of famer in mosley who was 40 and clearly on a steep decline. Kovalev was a prime example of low risk high reward as his name recognition far surpassed his in ring ability by that point. There's a reason Canelo was a 4-1 favorite and its not because he's a Roy Jones level Uber talent. It's because Kovalev was done as an elite fighter.
                    That was very short lived too just like all the hype jobs these guys create

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                      actually, if you read his comment appropriately, you'd see that he mentioned that Canelo looks for who's vulnerable. He didn't use the words cherry pick. You did. Saying he picks vulnerable opponents is accurate. Let's go back the past few yrs.

Khan- was ko'd multiple times and damn near lost to algieri the fight before canelo fought him.

Liam Smith - clearly the weakest champion at 154.

Chavez Jr - the definition of hype job who quit against the great fonfara 2 fights before csnslo faced him.

Ggg- after avoiding the fight for almost 2 yrs, he finally faces a 35 yr old ggg who finally looked vulnerable vs welterweight brook and for the first time in yrs went the distance in a close fight vs Jacobs.

Rocky fielding - again, clearly the weakest champion in the division (168)

Jacobs - lost to ggg and just came off a SD against a fighter with 12 fights the fight before facing Canelo.

Kovalev - an old 36, ko'd twice in the past 2 yrs, and went life and death with a near novice just 10 weeks before facing Canelo.

Front runners for his next fight are Saunders and Smith. Both looked horrible in their last fights.

So, saying that Canelo seeks out vulnerable opponents is pretty accurate. He's mastered the art of risk vs reward.
                      All of that is true. Not debatable either.

Comment

Working...
                      X