Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 11-21-2019, 12:06 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 9387 Post(s)
GhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,598.12
Total Points: 317,083.77
Top Rated Poster - ironmt Here Is to another great post - ironmt For calling it like it is - 1bad65 Great comment, sir. - Tony Trick-Pony Great points, man - Tony Trick-Pony 
:lol1: - Szef Well said, man - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, man! - Tony Trick-Pony Great memes. - Santa_ 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 
Default More people die taking selfies than by shark attacks

elfies gone wrong account for more fatalities than shark attacks, a new study reveals.

According to a report in the Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care in India, 259 people died in 137 selfie-related accidents between 2011 and 2017, compared to just 50 people killed by sharks.

Though 259 deaths over seven years doesn't sound like a lot, selfie-related fatalities are on the rise: In 2011, there were only three, but by 2017, the number of selfie-related deaths approached 100.

There have been 259 selfie-related deaths since 2011, though researchers believe the number of "selfiecides" is much higher.
GETTY IMAGES
The situation has even generated its own label: Selfiecide.

Earlier this year, Gigi Wu, the Instagrammer known as "Bikini Hiker," died of hypothermia after falling into a ravine while hiking up Yushan Mountain in Taiwan. Wu was known for posing on mountain summits in a swimsuit.

Last October, Indian couple Vishnu and Minaxi Moorthy fell to their deaths trying to take a selfie at Taft Overlook at Yosemite National Park. The couple's Instagram account, "Holidays and Happily Ever Afters," which had more than 25,000 followers, often showed them in dangerous situations.

Just a month earlier, Israeli teen Tomer Frankfurter fell from another Yosemite peak, Nevada Fall.

According to the study, conducted by researchers at the Indian teaching hospitals group AIIMS, the typical victim of "selfiecide" is a male and in his early 20s. A majority are from India, with smaller percentages from Russia, the United States and Pakistan. Most deaths are caused by drowning, being hit by vehicles or—as in the case of Wu, Frankfurter and the Moorthys—falling. Other causes include posing with loaded weapons, with wild animals or while driving.

Some cities have begun instituting "no selfie zones" but experts say they are often ignored.
GETTY IMAGES
While the report shows most deaths were the result of "risky behavior," not every selfiecide was by a wannabe daredevil. Some were from fluke accidents, like drowning after being hit by a wave.

The authors of the study call for local governments to declare "no selfie zones" in dangerous areas, like mountain peaks and atop tall buildings. In Mumbai, there are already 16 such zones, but insiders say they're widely ignored. After the 2015 death of Eri Yuanto, who fell into the crater of Mt. Merapi in Indonesia, a place for "safe selfies" was established approximately one kilometer from the Merapi's peak.

Researchers say their findings are "just the tip of iceberg."

"Certain deaths due to selfies may be reported as traffic accidents or other [things], which leads to underreporting of a large number of cases."

Ponnurangam Kumaraguru, an IT professor at Carnegie Mellon, has developed an app to address what he sees as a growing problem: Called Saftie, it houses a database of some 7,000 spots around the world deemed dangerous to take selfies.

Saftie will also alert users when they are standing close to a precipice or water.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
GhostofDempsey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:22 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6246 Post(s)
FinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,358.10
Total Points: 222,194.06
You racist piece of 5hit - Mr McDowell No Message - -jose- This guy is a fag - Turd Best Ever Faggot bitch!! - Turd Best Ever FagnitoxDinaputo is a Faggot CUCK!! - Turd Best Ever 
fake bitch - !a! no one believes your tough guy act pussy boy - !a! you talk garbage, no one believes you fool LOL - !a! LOL fake bitch - !a! You're not fooling anyone you pussy - !a! 
yawn - !a! Tough guy LOL - !a! 

Like we always say, play dumb games and win dumb prizes. I dont feel sorry for any of those idiots because they did it to themselves. I see it alot actually when im out hiking with my wife. Always these dumb fukers taking selfies on the edge of a hill or other stupid poses.

One time I was driving and saw this mexican teen taking selfies and sht in front of a bus stop lol. I thought these social media kids post pictures to look cool? How cool is taking a selfie in front of a fkin bus stop lol

I cringe alot these days in public areas. Like i walked past this fat ugly whale taking selfies like she a supermodel or something.

Social media does more bad than good imo. It’s fkin stupid imo but im old school so.....
FinitoxDinamita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:10 PM #3
Stylin' and Profilin'

Quoted: 7539 Post(s)
Willy Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 92,783.16
Total Points: 136,440.88
No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker here's another one to help the cause - -jose- lol - -jose- Merry Christmas - TBear 
Lounge ATG - Mike D From Brandi with Love! - BoxingFan85 Just because. - DionysusX my ni gga - STAX ON DECK Looking forward to the fight man ? Who you rooting for ? - ScottWeiland 
happy father's day (in the event your creampie was loaded, lol) - DionysusX The Autozone comment had me rolling. Haha. Cheers - anthonydavid11 Camacho avi :love: that's one sexy Rican - -jose- Lana was sent from above - Santa_ -jose- aka Colonel Culo Snatcher :lol1::lol1: - -jose- 
alt account and serial racist member. - Shaolin Sword WAR COTTO! one last time :beerchug: - -jose- Love your funny posts - 1bad65 In the floor laughing... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 

It's sad for people to die that way, but how stupid and careless can you be?
Willy Wanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:41 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2690 Post(s)
Don Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 139,130.72
Total Points: 152,048.85
Good post in my 'mayweather's toughest fight' thread. - punchr To go with your cup of joe. - punchr Stay caffinated. - punchr donut - punchr long live Big PUN! - -jose- 
great pics in the latina thread - Santa_ :beerchug: - -jose- I’m outta green - BERNIE'S CORNER 

I don’t know why I find this hysterical.
Don Pichardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:58 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 9387 Post(s)
GhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,598.12
Total Points: 317,083.77
Top Rated Poster - ironmt Here Is to another great post - ironmt For calling it like it is - 1bad65 Great comment, sir. - Tony Trick-Pony Great points, man - Tony Trick-Pony 
:lol1: - Szef Well said, man - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, man! - Tony Trick-Pony Great memes. - Santa_ 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Pichardo View Post
I don’t know why I find this hysterical.
Natural selection. If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough!
GhostofDempsey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:05 PM #6
Tom Brady=GOAT

Quoted: 2939 Post(s)
SouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,417.83
Total Points: 35,845.78
Happy Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - -jose- No Message - -jose- almost 2000 gift...thanks for the green - -jose- Heres To Connor Mcgregor Bro, Were Taking Over - Rocky... 
Genuinely one of the funniest posters on this site. - joseph5620 No Message - -jose- Happy New Year bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... No Message - -jose- it's going to be the FOTY - Santa_ 
SOG! - Cutthroat realest ni*ga on earf - Beercules Happy Holidays - TBear You are the wind beneath my wings. - PF Rudyo some alize for a real nicca staccin that breade - STAX ON DECK 
funny as fk - jas May You Have the Woman of Your Dreams - JimRaynor Go Celts!!! - Turd Best Ever A Clover for you, lad... - Tony Trick-Pony good post - MinuteMaid5 

They died doing what they loved,being retarded.
SouthPawHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:09 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2690 Post(s)
Don Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 139,130.72
Total Points: 152,048.85
Good post in my 'mayweather's toughest fight' thread. - punchr To go with your cup of joe. - punchr Stay caffinated. - punchr donut - punchr long live Big PUN! - -jose- 
great pics in the latina thread - Santa_ :beerchug: - -jose- I’m outta green - BERNIE'S CORNER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
Natural selection. If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
They died doing what they loved,being retarded.
Lol. Y’all right. May they be weeded out
Don Pichardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:48 PM #8
Stylin' and Profilin'

Quoted: 7539 Post(s)
Willy Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 92,783.16
Total Points: 136,440.88
No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker here's another one to help the cause - -jose- lol - -jose- Merry Christmas - TBear 
Lounge ATG - Mike D From Brandi with Love! - BoxingFan85 Just because. - DionysusX my ni gga - STAX ON DECK Looking forward to the fight man ? Who you rooting for ? - ScottWeiland 
happy father's day (in the event your creampie was loaded, lol) - DionysusX The Autozone comment had me rolling. Haha. Cheers - anthonydavid11 Camacho avi :love: that's one sexy Rican - -jose- Lana was sent from above - Santa_ -jose- aka Colonel Culo Snatcher :lol1::lol1: - -jose- 
alt account and serial racist member. - Shaolin Sword WAR COTTO! one last time :beerchug: - -jose- Love your funny posts - 1bad65 In the floor laughing... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 

Wonder how many people died taking cock pics.
Willy Wanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:25 AM #9
Successful As HELL !

Quoted: 6220 Post(s)
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 298,465.42
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn "enjoy" - MinuteMaid5 Prescribed - MinuteMaid5 

It makes sense. Sharks are not that abundant. Selfies can be taken anywhere.
Curtis Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:34 AM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 17705 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,535.61
Total Points: 286,110.97
Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody 
Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 
No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey No Message - MinuteMaid5 happy holidays - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

anyone here got that video, of a chick taking off her top, as a passenger, and putting her head out the window, and getting her head destroyed by a telephone pole or something like that.

what a waste of poon.
Zaroku is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends