Uh oh! Black woman fatally shot inside her home by white cop in the South

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TripleJ View Post
    :

Cool story. Shouldn't be hard for you to find the stats showing it's one of the safest professions then. How long should I wait?
    1. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/1002500001

2. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...372025%3famp=1

3. https://www.google.com/amp/s/fee.org...-be-a-cop//amp

4. https://www.google.com/amp/s/thinkpr...f6a58d8fc/amp/

Being a police is not as dangerous as people proclaimed. Police are the "baddest men" on the street.

Comment

• There is a twist in the case of the Texas woman who was shot through a window in her own home and killed by a Fort Worth police officer. He was at the home because neighbors reported the doors open.

The officer has been charged with murder and the community is infuriated. However, the 8-year-old nephew of Atatiana Jefferson, who was in the room with her at the time, told authorities that his aunt took her handgun from her purse and pointed it “toward the window” just before she was struck by a bullet fired by Aaron Dean, who resigned from the police department, according to The Dallas Morning News.

The nephew was playing computer games with her at 2:30 a.m. when she heard noises outside the house and reached for her gun. She pointed it at the window when she was shot.

The Dallas Morning News reported that Officers did not announce their presence and found the front and side interior doors open.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/...ihIg0sCk8oG1gU

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        There is a twist in the case of the Texas woman who was shot through a window in her own home and killed by a Fort Worth police officer. He was at the home because neighbors reported the doors open.

The officer has been charged with murder and the community is infuriated. However, the 8-year-old nephew of Atatiana Jefferson, who was in the room with her at the time, told authorities that his aunt took her handgun from her purse and pointed it “toward the window” just before she was struck by a bullet fired by Aaron Dean, who resigned from the police department, according to The Dallas Morning News.

The nephew was playing computer games with her at 2:30 a.m. when she heard noises outside the house and reached for her gun. She pointed it at the window when she was shot.

The Dallas Morning News reported that Officers did not announce their presence and found the front and side interior doors open.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/...ihIg0sCk8oG1gU
        How did the gun end up on the dresser if she was pointing it at them ?

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
          This is ridiculous. You say it's one of the safest jobs a person can have and your first example is a list of the 25 most dangerous jobs..... where it's listed.... You can't make up that kind of stupid. The next three articles you give only talk about a fatality rate, what about the other 28,000 injuries your first article listed? Out of all those dangerous jobs it's got the second highest injury count. I bet that sounds safe to you. How times is an officer in a life threatening situation where he walks away unscathed? Because he survives it means it was never a danger to him? One of your articles lists it's safer to be a cop because of advances in medicine that can now save an officer who would have otherwise died.... you get what that means right? A SEVERELY INJURED OFFICER WHO ALMOST DIED.

Try again.

Try much, much harder.
          Last edited by TripleJ; 10-16-2019, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleJ View Post
            This is ridiculous. You say it's one of the safest jobs a person can have and your first example is a list of the 25 most dangerous jobs..... where it's listed.... You can't make up that kind of stupid. The next three articles you give only talk about a fatality rate, what about the other 28,000 injuries your first article listed? Out of all those dangerous jobs it's got the second highest injury count. I bet that sounds safe to you. How times is an officer in a life threatening situation where he walks away unscathed? Because he survives it means it was never a danger to him? One of your articles lists it's safer to be a cop because of advances in medicine that can now save an officer who would have otherwise died.... you get what that means right? A SEVERELY INJURED OFFICER WHO ALMOST DIED.

Try again.

Try much, much harder.

"Cops have one the safest profession. Policing has never been in any top 10 dangerous jobs"

^^^This is was my total argument, them being not cracking any top ten dangerous list. So, you cannot blame me for you not grasping my full argument. Forget I am dealing with people who I have to spell things out for. It is one of the safest compared to professions listed. Like any job, there is some element of risk involved. Even freaking lawyers and doctors are at risk.

Now, recheck my posting, and show me where policing is placed in any "top ten" dangerous list?

Comment

"Cops have one the safest profession. Policing has never been in any top 10 dangerous jobs"

^^^This is was my total argument, them being not cracking any top ten dangerous list. So, you cannot blame me for you not grasping my full argument. Forget I am dealing with people who I have to spell things out for. It is one of the safest compared to professions listed. Like any job, there is some element of risk involved. Even freaking lawyers and doctors are at risk.

Now, recheck my posting, and show me where policing is placed in any "top ten" dangerous list?

Your argument contradicts itself. Just because it isn't one of the 10 most dangerous jobs doesn't automatically make it one of the safest. You can't be that stupid. You literally gave me a list of the 25 most dangerous jobs an amercian can have and it was ranked 14 based on fatalities, and SECOND in on the job injuries. You broke your own argument with the very first link you gave.

If all you can do is bury your own argument with your own links feel free to tuck your tail and give up your stupid, stupid point.

Comment

https://youtu.be/9E9tCE81s_Q

Officer was never injured or killed..... so that means he was never in ANY danger according to you? Right?!? Won't show up on your fatality list. Just another perfectly safe day in one of the safest jobs anyone can have.
                Last edited by TripleJ; 10-17-2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• That is straight up murder. I hope thwy get justice for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    He copied and pasted an article you autistic neanderthal
                    I cant believe his actually defending murder . I get this trump supporters and usually side with them but it seems like he can't see past the political spectrum.

Comment

• The plot thickens...

The white police officer who fatally shot black Texas woman Atatiana Jefferson through her window wasn’t sent on a welfare check after all — but instead on a call that cops often handle as a potential burglary, according to a new report.

Police were called to Jefferson’s home early Saturday after a neighbor noticed her door was left open and grew concerned, according to initial reports.

But now, authorities are probing what former Fort Worth police officer Aaron Dean and his partner were told before they responded to Jefferson’s home, CNN reported.

see also

Atatiana Jefferson grabbed gun after hearing noise outside: warrant

“The information came from the neighbor to the call-takers and while it was relayed to the dispatch, it was determined to be an open structure call,” Fort Worth interim Police Chief Ed Kraus told reporters on Tuesday, according to the network.

Experts told the outlet that the “open structure” classification escalated the situation beyond a welfare check — impacting the way the officers responded. Those types of calls could refer to a burglary or another crime, according to the report.

Welfare checks often involved medical emergencies, check-ups on the elderly or hard-to-reach relatives. In those situations, cops normally knock on the door and wait for an answer.

But when responding to “open structure” or “open door” calls, officers think differently, Michael “Britt” London, president of the Phoenix Law Enforcement Association, told CNN.

“You are at a higher sensitivity to what is going on with that house,” London said. “You have to be ready for anything. You are taking more of your environment in consideration to be ready for a surprise if there’s one.”

Neighbor James Smith, 62, who made the original call to a non-emergency police number to request a check-up on Jefferson, told The Fort Worth Star-Telegram he “never mentioned” anything about a burglary.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/17/cop-wh...welfare-check/

Comment

Working...
                      X