No announcement yet.

The hate for Cotto on the island...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fistic View Post
    What hardship story? Does that business 101 crap support your earlier statement of Cotto getting more love in NY than in PR? Do you even have numbers to reflect that sentiment? I doubt it. If you do please post a link, I'd like to see.

And your other statement about Cotto never being Tito in the hearts and minds of PR fans, well FYI, I am a bigger fan of Cotto than I ever was a Trinidad fan. And there are many others like me on the island and in the diaspora. So please no over-generalizations, I'm sure your business 101 professor would not like that
    You are absolutely in the minority and you know it, don't be disengeniois.
    Last edited by MikeRo1972; 11-30-2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

What hardship story? Does that business 101 crap support your earlier statement of Cotto getting more love in NY than in PR? Do you even have numbers to reflect that sentiment? I doubt it. If you do please post a link, I'd like to see.

And your other statement about Cotto never being Tito in the hearts and minds of PR fans, well FYI, I am a bigger fan of Cotto than I ever was a Trinidad fan. And there are many others like me on the island and in the diaspora. So please no over-generalizations, I'm sure your business 101 professor would not like that
      Alright, I'll acquiesce you: Cotto hates his fans in Puerto Rico and prefers to give his Nuyo Ricans a free ride along with the showtime subscribers of the world. His self hate runs so deep that he's even charging the awful 50/60 rate. Just to stick it to the people he hates the most. Puerto Ricans: specifically the ones on the island of PR.

Happy now?
      Last edited by MikeRo1972; 11-30-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
        You are absolutely in the minority and you know it, on't be disengeniois.
        Maybe in the minority, but I don't have numbers to be sure, just what I read here and there where for some reason, unknown to me, people still talk about Trinidad when Cotto's fights approach. Personally I do not get it. Cotto has more talent and is smarter inside and outside the ring.

I like his demeanor. Too many Ricans have big mouths and would do well to study and learn from Miguel IMO. Not being disingenuous.

Comment

• Originally posted by borikua View Post
          How you guys would feel is HBO was going to broadcast a Floyd fight for free to all their subscribers and then Floyd goes and tells HBO to charge PPV only to those in the states for him to make more money?
          what does mayweather have to do with this? And besides the US pays PPV for his fights while the UK see them for free (well they subscribe to HBO)
          Last edited by SoulByThePound; 11-30-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Who's his most loyal fan base nuyoricans(Americans of Puerto Rican Descent) or Puerto ricans
            Last edited by SoulByThePound; 11-30-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• what a bunch of crybabies.... now i see why conservatives dont want them to become a state, just another hoard of lechers that are going to ask for handouts....

and by the way, the fight isnt "free" anywhere... you have to pay for showtime subscription so stop throwing the word "free" around so freely ( see what i did there)...

and wtf is 50 bucks, get 5 guys to chip in 10 and there you go

Comment

• Oh for fuccs sake let it go. Order the premium channels or just watch a stream. Gimme a break. You want to watch him box or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                  Alright, I'll acquiesce you: Cotto hates his fans in Puerto Rico and prefers to give his Nuyo Ricans a free ride along with the showtime subscribers of the world. His self hate runs so deep that he's even charging the awful 50/60 rate. Just to stick it to the people he hates the most. Puerto Ricans: specifically the ones on the island of PR.

Happy now?
                  No.

I think it is a matter of knowing that the PPV will sell regardless because of the love support for boxing/boxers that exist in PR.

In NY, many of the fans will actually be at the fight and spend more than the $60. The other two largest PR communities are in Chicago and Florida/Orlando. Not sure about those places. Maybe New Mexico/Trout fans? Who knows?

The point is, if it is not worthy of PPV elsewhere, why in PR? That point will stand despite all of the other conjecture being tossed around.

Comment

• Cotto ****ing the PR people, even greedy Bob Arum wouldn't do this. LOL

Comment

No.

I think it is a matter of knowing that the PPV will sell regardless because of the love support for boxing/boxers that exist in PR.

In NY, many of the fans will actually be at the fight and spend more than the $60. The other two largest PR communities are in Chicago and Florida/Orlando. Not sure about those places. Maybe New Mexico/Trout fans? Who knows?

The point is, if it is not worthy of PPV elsewhere, why in PR? That point will stand despite all of the other conjecture being tossed around.
                      ..for crying out loud ....

Respectfully; Don't buy it then. If you really believe all that you post stand by it and don't purchase the PPV. Otherwise you're wasting your own brain cells arguing your point.

Comment

Working...
                      X