Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Breazeale fight confirmed for Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else is there for him?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      Maybe he is in talks with Fury............
      Not. Likely. Fury has become a big bragging, cherrypicking bum beater who won't fight a heavyweight ranked in boxrec's top 50.

Comment

If they're thinking of Fury as an option, then they should be negotiating now before Tyson gets back in shape.
        In this case, Finkel should be saying, "Let's rush our baby Deontay to fight Fury before he gets dangerously back in form."

Comment

It will be Breazeale. The WBC went out of their way to make him mandatory and PBC only have Luis Ortiz as a viable alternative and Adam Kownacki for the spring after he's beat Charles Martin. Wilder will again take $2.5 million, half what he was offered for other fights because Haymon/PBC/Showtime is a racket. Wilder won't fight Joshua until September/October next year. Fury is not a viable fight, it doesn't make enough money before one of them has fought Joshua and he is fighting at least 3 cans in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLARPLEXUS View Post
            It will be Breazeale. The WBC went out of their way to make him mandatory and PBC only have Luis Ortiz as a viable alternative and Adam Kownacki for the spring after he's beat Charles Martin. Wilder will again take $2.5 million, half what he was offered for other fights because Haymon/PBC/Showtime is a racket. Wilder won't fight Joshua until September/October next year. Fury is not a viable fight, it doesn't make enough money before one of them has fought Joshua and he is fighting at least 3 cans in a row.
            Yep this, we all know it will be another Haymon fighter and Breazeale is the only one with a name who is available.

People will criticise Wilder for ducking Joshua and say this Breazeale fight was always going to happen first which is true but in reality Breazeale is a solid defence. He's better than anyone but Ortiz and Stiverne on Wilder's record and personally I thought the Stiverne Wilder faced was mentally shot after winning the belt and would likely lose to Breazeale too, so for me it's a fight I'm actually looking forward too, not as much as Joshua but still not an awful alternative.

Comment

Itll come as a block announcement as Showtime does. Its the only option he has, so its going to happen, doesnt push the needle anywhere though. Its the off season at the moment, tons of fights will hit us in a few weeks.

Comment

I can't be bothered to look for the article but Lance Pugmire said Wilder will be fighting Breazeale at the Staples center in LA. I think it may have said November.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                  Wilder didn't sign despite knowing Hearn's deadline with Povetkin.
                  He was never presented with anything to sign that would have stopped Povetkin from being next. Wilder didn't sign because the contract he was sent had no language whatsoever guaranteeing the fight would be next. Povetkin was Hearn's plan all along.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                    Your so deluded it’s unreal 😂
                    Yet everything you quoted that I wrote is still 100% true.

Comment

I think Deontay broke his hand again or something and won't fight this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X