No announcement yet.

Tim Bradley Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Bradley Retirement

I've been wondering.... Tim Bradley retired just as the welterweight division was starting to light up, the young lions were taking over (Spence, Thurman, Porter).

I for one was looking forward to hopefully seeing a couple of good matches between him and the new breed of top welterweights (though the whole top rank PBC rift would have been an issue) but he didn't even seem interested (after always stating that he wanted to prove that he is the best).

Did he retire as he didn't have the hunger anymore? Or was it due to the fact that he had no where else to go if he wanted to be a champ (as he already lost to Manny who held one of the belts and the other belts were held by the PBC guys)?

I think tim started having some issues with his health more specifically his brain. I might be wrong but seem to remember him mention he had a few issues.
    http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...s-brain-trauma

Comment

I recall him not doing too well
      Especially after the Provodnikov fight , there was mention of him having issues
      Then between probably family and fans , he decided to retire
      Not a bad thing imo

Comment

He made his money and retired, that is the entire purpose

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post

Without a doubt
          Safe and sane

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            Larry is 100% correct.

Bradley had a great career, made plenty of $$$ and retired at the right age.

I always enjoyed his fights and will remember him as a smart, brave and decent guy.

I never understood why some idiots hated on him TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
              Larry is 100% correct.

Bradley had a great career, made plenty of $$$ and retired at the right age.

I always enjoyed his fights and will remember him as a smart, brave and decent guy.

I never understood why some idiots hated on him TBH.

I did enjoy him as a boxer
              And then had the possibility to see him live
              Pretty much right at his prime
              The hate comes from the Pac-Man fight
              Which in my eyes was bullchit
              But besides that he was pleasant to watch

Comment

He went through more battles than you may realize and a smart guy like Bradley doesn't need to grind until his body and mind are broken. He's got his hands and many pots and can make a lot of money outside boxing.
                I was never much of a fan but I got huge respect for him as he played it smart and should be an example to other boxers. We think of them as some sort of comic book characters but they have lives, families, and they grow old too.

Comment

His mental health was showing signs of deterioration, he didn't want to risk further damage.

Plus the 3M guarantee per fight in his contract along with the Marquez and two Pacquiao PPV paychecks is a pretty good reason to never fight again.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    He went through more battles than you may realize and a smart guy like Bradley doesn't need to grind until his body and mind are broken. He's got his hands and many pots and can make a lot of money outside boxing.
                    I was never much of a fan but I got huge respect for him as he played it smart and should be an example to other boxers. We think of them as some sort of comic book characters but they have lives, families, and they grow old too.
                    Your absolutely correct
                    I have only respect for him and yes I do think he got out when he should of
                    Very intelligent man , sure he’s better off with a whole brain
                    Let’s not even get into family etc etc etc

Comment

Working...
                    X