Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Wilder-Fury winner surpass AJ as the #1 heavyweight and be the A side?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The winner of Fury /Wilder is the #1 HW

There is no and ,it’s or buts about it

But unless the PPV does monster #s in the States and the Uk then AJ is still going to be the $ man and the A-side

But the winner of Fury /Wilder will be entitled to a fair %(40-45) , not saying 50/50 but you can throw the flat fee sh.it out the window

Comment

No chance. Neither of them can generate the amount of sales that AJ can. Even if wilder or fury end up beating Joshua they still won't. You need to understand the hysteria that his Olympic gold created in Britain and they have built the brand from there.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Depends what the PPV does.
        would you pay 70 or 80 dollars for it and based on what you have seen from tyson fury so far ? i know my answer

Comment

No

Wilder nut huggers would say otherwise as they are desperate for a free phy day for their idol

Without Joshua wilder makes 2m per fight after Joshua

End thread

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
            I know technically Fury is the lineal champ, but AJ has been seen as the guy since he beat Wlad, certainly when it comes to negotiations. It seems Wilder-Fury caught Hearn off guard. This will be a mega event, and the winner will probably be seen as top dog. What are your thoughts?
            Why would the winner be seen as top dog?

The Ring has Fury ranked at 10, even if Wilder is ranked 2, 2 v 10 does not make a number one champion.

The WBA, WBO and IBF don't even have Fury ranked in their top 20s.

The WBC has Fury, somehow, ranked at 5, with Wilder yet again skipping out on his mandatory Whyte.

No idea how this makes a top dog fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              No, and Fury is not the lineal champ anymore. When you don't defend a title for over 3 years you lose that title be it lineal or not. Nobody is bigger on that lineal BS than Ring. Hell they still list Canelo as middleweight champ even though just about everybody considers GGG the real middleweight champ. However Ring does NOt have Fury as the lineal champ like Canelo. They have the world heavyweight title vacant with AJ the number 1 contender, Wilder the number 2 contender and Fury the number 10 contender.Regardless of who wins the Wilder vs Fury fight AJ will still be the A side if he beats Povetkin. AJ will own most of the world title belt and still have the ability to generate tremendous money in the UK.
              I think your one of the true posters on here who has no agenda or biased view mate.
              A lot of the posts between wilder and Joshua from most others are down to who is American and who is English.
              That then fuels there views and distorts what actually is the truth.
              The truth is Joshua and wilder are the two best heavyweights in the world and until they meet in the ring there will be this huge debate.
              I don't really know what happened with the wilder Joshua negotiations so I cannot lay the blame but one thing I will say about it.
              If Hearn has tried to manipulate the situation he should be called out for ruining a chance for us to see a undisputed champion and he is a shown to be an arrogant idiot for letting fury do a behind the scenes number on him and jump the queue.
              Joshua will lose the most because fury will get slaughtered by wilder and in turn ruin a future AJ vs FURY fight in a years time or so.
              But we don't know if wilder played it as well so now we have this impasse between Joshua and wilder.
              I do believe Joshua beats wilder not because he is uk but because he has better technical ability and also is a monster.
              If wilder lands one on Joshua it's over but again if Joshua connects on wilder it's lights out for him as well.
              Hearn now should offer wilder a bigger purse or split because Joshua will lose $22 million in years time because the fury fight will be blown away.
              Respect fella

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                I think your one of the true posters on here who has no agenda or biased view mate.
                A lot of the posts between wilder and Joshua from most others are down to who is American and who is English.
                That then fuels there views and distorts what actually is the truth.
                The truth is Joshua and wilder are the two best heavyweights in the world and until they meet in the ring there will be this huge debate.
                I don't really know what happened with the wilder Joshua negotiations so I cannot lay the blame but one thing I will say about it.
                If Hearn has tried to manipulate the situation he should be called out for ruining a chance for us to see a undisputed champion and he is a shown to be an arrogant idiot for letting fury do a behind the scenes number on him and jump the queue.
                Joshua will lose the most because fury will get slaughtered by wilder and in turn ruin a future AJ vs FURY fight in a years time or so.
                But we don't know if wilder played it as well so now we have this impasse between Joshua and wilder.
                I do believe Joshua beats wilder not because he is uk but because he has better technical ability and also is a monster.
                If wilder lands one on Joshua it's over but again if Joshua connects on wilder it's lights out for him as well.
                Hearn now should offer wilder a bigger purse or split because Joshua will lose $22 million in years time because the fury fight will be blown away.
                Respect fella
                Why would Hearn offer Wilder more now ?

Joshua IS fighting Povetkin and Wilder despite your beliefs will most likely lose to Fury or have a good chance of losing so Hearn changing the ALREADY agreed to 15 Million contract wouldn't make sense until he sees the Fury outcome which could be 2 fights .

Joshua makes 20 Million generated fights ,not having Fury as an opponent means little bc its one less threat to him so he may take a minor hit not fighting either Wilder or Fury but it also increases his chances of remaining champion and continue growing his brand where he makes up the money .

Joshua doesnt need these guys , if you wanted an undisputed champion between the two belt holders it was left on Finkels desk !

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                  would you pay 70 or 80 dollars for it and based on what you have seen from tyson fury so far ? i know my answer
                  I would myself but I'm a sucker for these things

Comment

I'm not sure. Being number 1 and being the A side are two different things. As of now, Joshua is still the money guy in the division.

Comment

Yes to the first, no to the second.

Comment

Working...
                      X