Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN's Entry Into Boxing Creates Healthy Broadcaster Competition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    I understand the concept but with Netflix you can watch it on your TV. With this app you won’t be able to have fight parties. You can’t invite friends over and bust out your phone and start watching a fight.
    Of course you can watch DAZN on TV. The easiest thing to do is to hook it up with Chromecast. But your TV may be directly compatible with the DAZN app as well.

Worst case scenarion, get an HDMI cable and connect your laptop to TV.

Comment

I understand the concept but with Netflix you can watch it on your TV. With this app you won’t be able to have fight parties. You can’t invite friends over and bust out your phone and start watching a fight.
      How old are You?
      Get with it you think every one is watching Boxing on their phone sheesh like Netflix you can stream Dazn on your 50" Tv duh

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        Competition is a good thing

And the total number fight cards excuses expected by ESPN (+), Showtime , DAZN , potentially Fox and whatever the corpse of HBO offer is a good thing for boxing fans

Hopefully the amount of dates and $ now equal many good to great matchups and not mostly filler fights

The only thing wrong with the article is when it talk about DAZn locking up AJ and comparing it to Mayweather / Showtime & Canelo /HBO

Mayweather & Canelo when they were locked up had proven to be big PPV sellers in the States and in fights that generated 100s of millions of dollars in the States when they aligned with those networks and had a built in audience

AJ is a UK superstar but hasn’t proven he can transcend that popularity over in the States. That’s kind of important considering DAZN is targeting the US market , His fights got low viewership for Showtime and his reputation among many North American boxing fans is probably in the sh.its because of what’s transpired the last year.
        Agreed
        But to be fsir AJ fights have been shown in the afternoon Never on Prime Time

Comment

You have that Big screen & a cable box
          still living in the 90's huh?
          Lol

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post
            Agreed
            But to be fsir AJ fights have been shown in the afternoon Never on Prime Time
            Agreed.. but u seem to remember the one time an AJ fight was shown in the evening in the USA was the HBO Replay of the Klitschko fight and it got 250k + more viewers than the live showtime broadcast.

Times matter.. which is why a 4am wilder v fury fight won't sell **** on BT in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              The whole gist of this article is that it's not a bad thing to pay a lot to watch boxing because being a subscriber to all major networks, including DAZN, gives you access to more fights. Help support the shambles and disorganised mess that is boxing on TV and line the pockets of scummy promoters. No thanks, I can afford to wait a day till it's online.
              ur in the minority m8 most people prefer to watching live sport

Comment

why cant u have fight parties with DZN cards ?

Comment

Competition is only a good thing if it leads to a better product and better pricing.
                  • How does dividing up the talent pool make a product?
                  • How does paying more money make it better for the consumer/fans?

The fighters will make more money but their competition won't be as good.

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post
                    You have that Big screen & a cable box
                    still living in the 90's huh?
                    Lol
                    That's the problem though...

A larger percentage of the population than you think still isn't aware of the technical possibilities, and will disregard DAZN as a result.

Comment

DAZN is an app for TV's too

With DAZN you can watch it where you want. I have the app on my TV and Ipad and Iphone. Boxing is <1% of the sports available for the $9.99 monthly. Completely agree with Corey Erdman, DAZN is good for boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X