Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua To Wilder: If You Believe You Can Win - Sign Contract!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
    First of all this $50 million offer was a PR scheme on the part of Deontay Wilder and Shelly Finkel. It was never real. And only the fans of Deontay Wilder's social media antics take that 50 million dollar offer seriously. The "we will not send you anything in writing until you accept the offer" stance is proof positive that this was not a genuine offer. And cancelling face to face meetings that were already prearranged because "meeting would be nonconstructive without them accepting the offer" is not what someone who was serious about making a deal would do or say. Calling someone gay or changing their name into an insult does not help you prove your point. It just makes you and all of the Wilder supporters seem like a bunch of rabid dogs who don't even care about whats real or not real. And being in the power position or being the A-side gives you the privelege of having advantages going in to a fight. How many times has Deontay Wilder been willing to give up his advantages over his opponents? He is just so use to fighting nobodies with no leverage that he is just appalled by being in a situation where ultimately he can't have it all his way.
    Your INSANE if you think MGM couldnt come up with the $50 million. Thats a drop in the bucket for them. They make that back from the high rollers alone...Dan Rafeal also stated this.

Comment

• Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
      Like agreeing to a $15 million contract then not signing it?

Like that you mean?
      Wilder never laid $15m as his marker. He said he'd take 40% to fight in London if Joshua took 40% on a rematch, but that's been it.

Anthony Joshua was so flabbergasted that a fight that his own camp was saying would only do $40m-$45m in the UK was said to be set to do $100m in the US, that he said give me my $50m upfront and we'd have a fight.

There's no hiding that Joshua made himself look foolish after all of that boasting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        Noel to j.razor - very good point but let’s move on from this . You want to see the fight don’t you? All Wilder has to do is sign the contract..... Yes the money is too small and a flat fee , I agree to but you should be talking about that and campaigning for team Joshua to show heart and offer him Wilder more not talking about what happened over 2 months ago. I want what you want . Only for Wilder’s 2 cornrolls to be smacked straight off his scalp with one of Aj’s uppercuts
        I will watch it & I will pay for it when it comes so that's my contribution but as of right now I have to call a spade a spade. hearn is not confident Aj beats D.Wilder now so hearn is delaying this fight so he can pocket whatever else he can get from Aj at the same time trying to make the fight bigger. Its very simple, that's why we don't have the fight now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          No I'm not lol

I think he's all reputation and no substance.

I've watched him be floored and struggle with guys that aren't very good. I expect him to take an L against Saunders with relative ease. Saunders has been there before against decent to good fighters.
          But billy couldn't K.O. lemuix who was target practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            Thing is, AJ doesn`t need Wilder. He can fight guys like Miller, Whyte, Chisora, Pulev, Ruiz jr..It`s his money, not Wilder`s. AJ is a huge name in Uk and it doesn`t matter who he fights.
            This thought process and pampering of AJ = Another Joke is reason he won't fight. Scared to Death. He can fight me tomorrow and Da Brits will eat that **** up like it's a legit fight. Said as fck........ Keep him rich even tho he said to his OWN fans y'all go train and fight wilder and you say..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              No I'm not lol

I think he's all reputation and no substance.

I've watched him be floored and struggle with guys that aren't very good. I expect him to take an L against Saunders with relative ease. Saunders has been there before against decent to good fighters.
              Andrade has some proving to do, for sure. He beat Keith Thurman 4 times in the amateurs, so he must have some good skills. Virgil Hunter once said he has more skills than Lara, plus he is much taller with a longer reach.

I think we have yet to see how good he can be, but his career so far has been very poorly managed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                Noel to j.razor - very good point but let’s move on from this . You want to see the fight don’t you? All Wilder has to do is sign the contract..... Yes the money is too small and a flat fee , I agree to but you should be talking about that and campaigning for team Joshua to show heart and offer him Wilder more not talking about what happened over 2 months ago. I want what you want . Only for Wilder’s 2 cornrolls to be smacked straight off his scalp with one of Aj’s uppercuts
                Wilder doesn't need to campaign for anything though; after "we want Wilder next" became "we want Wilder in September in the UK", to "we can't find Wilder until earliest October" to "we have a day to agree to a mandatory, so let's instead make that April 2019", all on admittedly short money with DAZN being snuck into the deal late, Wilder did the only thing he could do.

Tell the public how hard he tried to make the fight, lay out the ****ery for them to see what he dealt with, make it clear that he's only sitting back down for real talks (50/50 of everything isn't going to happen but the marker is laid), and move on with the next best fights that his camp can get for him.

And now it's on Joshua/Hearn to answer for what they did; the UK media will likely give them some leeway, but any sports media outside of the UK that Joshua will have to interact with will ask him why he's not fighting Wilder (with some going as far to possibly ask why he walked away from $50m+ to fight Wilder to instead fight Povetkin for $20m-$25m), with no one giving a **** about DAZN and only a few caring to think about Povetkin.

And that's going to be the case with every fight he can dream of, until he gives Deontay Wilder a real offer to fight (Wilder can talk 50/50 all he wants, the public won't let him walk away from 40% and Showtime carrying the fight in the US without giving him **** for it).

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Wilder never laid $15m as his marker. He said he'd take 40% to fight in London if Joshua took 40% on a rematch, but that's been it.

Anthony Joshua was so flabbergasted that a fight that his own camp was saying would only do $40m-$45m in the UK was said to be set to do $100m in the US, that he said give me my $50m upfront and we'd have a fight.

There's no hiding that Joshua made himself look foolish after all of that boasting.
                  So you’re disputing Wilder agreed to the $15 million? That’s what it sounds like.

I just want to know your position on that, because you’ve replied to my post which was a reply to someone else saying fighters ‘should stick to their word.’

Comment

• Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
                    So you’re disputing Wilder agreed to the $15 million? That’s what it sounds like.

I just want to know your position on that, because you’ve replied to my post which was a reply to someone else saying fighters ‘should stick to their word.’
                    I do. I never knew he agreed to that?? I always thought he wanted the typical %. Why would a guy from New Zealand get paid/offered more than Wilder??

Comment

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
                      First of all this $50 million offer was a PR scheme on the part of Deontay Wilder and Shelly Finkel. It was never real. And only the fans of Deontay Wilder's social media antics take that 50 million dollar offer seriously. The "we will not send you anything in writing until you accept the offer" stance is proof positive that this was not a genuine offer. And cancelling face to face meetings that were already prearranged because "meeting would be nonconstructive without them accepting the offer" is not what someone who was serious about making a deal would do or say. Calling someone gay or changing their name into an insult does not help you prove your point. It just makes you and all of the Wilder supporters seem like a bunch of rabid dogs who don't even care about whats real or not real. And being in the power position or being the A-side gives you the privelege of having advantages going in to a fight. How many times has Deontay Wilder been willing to give up his advantages over his opponents? He is just so use to fighting nobodies with no leverage that he is just appalled by being in a situation where ultimately he can't have it all his way.
                      If the $50 million offer had any basis at all, they wouldn’t have morphed from that to serious negotiations with Hearn about his offer in the space of days. If it had any backbone at all, it would have been the starting point of those negotiations.

As it was it was cast aside and forgotten once Hearn presented a realistic, workable plan.

Only Wilder fans still talk about it, forgetting that more advanced negotiations for a fight happened after that offer.

If AJ had turned down the $50 million and that was the end of the story then fair enough, call it. But that’s not what happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X