In all seriousness, this Fury/Wilder fight has backfired pretty badly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    I wasn’t aware of that statement I could be wrong
    Yeah, according to Finkel, they couldn't accept the $15million offer because it didn't specify a venue .. nothing to do with it not having a date now, apparently.

He also said that they knew right from the start of the Wilder/Fury negotiations that the venue was going to be the Staples centre, they just didn't want to tell anybody.

Shelly's getting old. He can't even remember his own lies any more.
    Last edited by kafkod; 11-17-2018, 06:59 AM.

Comment

I hate how fanboyism on this site manifests right now, it's all about who sells the most PPVs and makes the most money and has the most sponsorship and it usually has little if anything to do with who's actually a better fighter. It's as if certain people think that a fighter using their status as a star attraction to justify ducking or avoiding another fighter in the division is a better show of dominance than fighting and beating that fighter would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
        I hate how fanboyism on this site manifests right now, it's all about who sells the most PPVs and makes the most money and has the most sponsorship and it usually has little if anything to do with who's actually a better fighter. It's as if certain people think that a fighter using their status as a star attraction to justify ducking or avoiding another fighter in the division is a better show of dominance than fighting and beating that fighter would be.
        The fight is being held up because of money. So it's only logical to discuss money and make a judgement on who is being unreasonable. The fans of the fighter being unreasonable are the ones that usually complain like you do. Which fighter do you support?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Yeah, according to Finkel, they couldn't accept the $15million offer because it didn't specify a venue .. nothing to do with it not having a date now, apparently.

He also said that they knew right from the start of the Wilder/Fury negotiations that the venue was going to be the Staples centre, they just didn't want to tell anybody.

Shelly's getting old. He can't even remember his own lies any more.
          The problem with Finkel is when you tell a lie, then you need to tell another lie to cover up that other lie. All you need to do is go back and look at the little interviews that he has given from day 1 to this point. Then go and have a look at the interviews Hearn has given from day 1 up to this point in regards to how the negotiations transpired. Then fathom in comments/interview by Warren in regards to the phantom $50 to 80m dollars offer.

Then you would see who ducked that fight. Add those two market values to the equation and what they both bring to the table to make that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
            Casuals like you barely watch boxing anyway. Why you even here?

Comment

Originally posted by remi View Post
              is it about the money or making the best fight possible? Wilder fought Luis Ortiz, why doesn't Hearn ever call this man out? Wilder went after the lineal champion and is getting slack for it. Aj doesn't want the fight. he sado I will fight for 50 million$ and then when offered backed out. I just can't take dem dudes seriously anymore. I just want to see good fights. AJ will continue to fight those bums under matchroom.
              Ortiz was signed by Hearn you idiot.

So many forget the facts when it comes to sucking off Deontay Wilder. Ortiz was given 2 fights on matchroom sports to get the UK audience interested in him facing Anthony Joshua, but Ortiz didn't look motivated in either fight and failed to impress. Later he failed another PED test and after all the fallout from that decided to jump ship for a shot at Wilder's WBC title.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                Solid post

I disagree though with Wilder just wanting a payday , I mean this year he’s gone after Ortiz ( could have taken easier fights for the same $) and Fury and was willing to cross the pond to fight AJ for a flat fee that almost no one in his position would have accepted

If Parker is worth a % so is Wilder , I believe what 33-36% in that range is what Parker got , Wilders deserves higher even if Wilder/Fury flops as far as US PPV , I’m not saying 50/50 but the revenue generated from a AJ /Wilder fight will surely eclipse anAJ/Parker fight

But I don’t even think Hearn wants the fight for the foreseeable future
                The percentages are taken from a total. Until you understand how that works you really need to pipe down with these silly statements.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  The fight is being held up because of money. So it's only logical to discuss money and make a judgement on who is being unreasonable. The fans of the fighter being unreasonable are the ones that usually complain like you do. Which fighter do you support?
                  Now they are all accountants. Before it was “What are they scared off” “Don’t you want to see the fight” “why does he need to fight Whyte first” “Why can’t Hearn guarantee Joshua if he beats Whyte”

Now it’s he wants a %! This is Wilder first PPV in his own country. I swear even Parker had a PPV event in his country before Wilder, even Whyte had one before Wilder but they want hand outs from Joshua.

Unless this fight does well in PPV he isn’t going to get much from Team Joshua, so he can rematch Fury 10 times or chase legacy and win all the other blet from AJ and then become the man at HW that I know he can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
                    Ortiz was signed by Hearn you idiot.

So many forget the facts when it comes to sucking off Deontay Wilder. Ortiz was given 2 fights on matchroom sports to get the UK audience interested in him facing Anthony Joshua, but Ortiz didn't look motivated in either fight and failed to impress. Later he failed another PED test and after all the fallout from that decided to jump ship for a shot at Wilder's WBC title.
                    This

people act like he wasn't deliberatley fed Dave Allen to score a brutal highlight reel KO to set up the AJ fight, but Allen ended up coming out of that fight with his rep increased

Then he bored everyone to tears vs Malik Scott

Then he bounces out fails a drugs test and fights wilder before his mandatory was called

so hows that hearns fault? He wanted the fight in house and was waiting for the mando to be called to get it out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                      Not good enough.
                      I will be surprised if he wins a world title.
                      Here's hoping though.
                      Boxing in Australia is crap.
                      Too many wives don't won't their sons or daughters to get into the sport because it's too brutal apparently.
                      The mindset of these parents are " oh don't let my Johnny get hurt".
                      Pathetic.
                      You put you son in it?

Comment

Working...
                      X