No announcement yet.

Great Refereeing Last night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Refereeing Last night

I can not believe people have an issue with how Jack Reese handled the knockdown. I wish more referees took note on how not to rush a stoppage. I knew Jack would give each guy a fair shake from his history in other fights. Some refs would have stopped the fight prematurely. But reading some comments from people saying he should be investigated for allowing Fury to continue is mind boggling. If Fury was really out of it, then Wilder would have Kod him shortly after Fury got up, but he couldn't because Fury was still able to continue and fought back. Some people have no shame.
    Last edited by Rikanlynx86; 12-02-2018, 09:57 AM.

Yeah i dont get how people are annoyed at him. Just hardcore wilder fans clutching at straws, the reason its a 10 count is so someone has time to get up and recover which is what fury did

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      Yeah i dont get how people are annoyed at him. Just hardcore wilder fans clutching at straws, the reason its a 10 count is so someone has time to get up and recover which is what fury did
      Yea exactly. I was rooting for Wilder but I would have been pissed if Jack stopped the fight without giving Fury a chance to prove he can continue. And I've seen Jack react the same way in other fights so I knew he wouldn't let me down.

Comment

Not annoyed with the ref at all but those were some very long counts. And then in the 12th he lets Fury do a walk to show he's ok as well? What's next you offer him a drink?

But as long as that consistency is applied to every fight i don't have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
          Not annoyed with the ref at all but those were some very long counts. And then in the 12th he lets Fury do a walk to show he's ok as well? What's next you offer him a drink?

But as long as that consistency is applied to every fight i don't have a problem.
          The walk is common and proper refereeing. You let Fury walk and if he shows balance issues the fight would have been stopped.

Comment

He would be reprimanded by Team Wilder in secret. They would question why he didn’t stop it when he had a chance to in the 12th round. You best believe if that was Joshua and the fight was over here the ref would use that chance to stop it, and no one would blame him.

Comment

Some people are embarrassing themselves in regards to the issue of the count etc. How are you all going to conveniently forget that when a fighter makes it to his feet the ref is supposed to ask if he wants to continue. He must reply in the affirmative and then will say
              "walk towards me" and raise his gloves to his face to show he can continue.

As the poster above says that is proper officiating. It's designed to check the downed fighter can continue. Are you guys still stuck in the 50s? How about in the rematch Wilder can stand over Fury like in the 20s. And you call yourselves boxing fans.

Nothing more than Wilder cheerleaders.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                The walk is common and proper refereeing. You let Fury walk and if he shows balance issues the fight would have been stopped.
                Fine but lot of UK refs aren't doing that. They stop fights way to quickly usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  He would be reprimanded by Team Wilder in secret. They would question why he didn’t stop it when he had a chance to in the 12th round. You best believe if that was Joshua and the fight was over here the ref would use that chance to stop it, and no one would blame him.
                  Yea well that is fanboyism. A down the line boxing fan wouldn't want a premature stoppage no matter who the favorite is. I know the Uk the refs are extra protective and quick with stoppages, so its more accepted over there but I just get bothered when a referee does his job well and people think he was being unfair.

Comment

I think he gave Fury a few seconds longer to recover than he should have after he got up but I don't think it made a difference. Wilder was completely gassed at that point and didn't have the energy to really follow up.

Comment

Working...
                    X