No announcement yet.

why do people fear death?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do people fear death?

I really dont get it...we are all born to die, it is what it is..live and learn and when your time runs out its on to the unknown!!

If you love life you don’t want to lose it. If you have people you love you don’t want to leave them behind. At least not before your time. I think most people fear a premature death. Dying in your 30’s is a lot different than dying in your 80’s.

Comment

In my opinion it’s because we don’t know what happens when we die that’s why religion is coveted

Comment

Because the thought of not existing, for ****ing ever, is terrifying?

I mean that's just one of the possible outcomes, and the most likely one. Who knows what really happens, who knows what death really is, what life really is, what consciousness really is.

Comment

Many different reasons. Fear of the unknown and having a painful death are huge fears for most people. Also like ghostofdempswy said, leaving loved ones behind.

Comment

Because after we die, we can't jack off anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
              Many different reasons. Fear of the unknown and having a painful death are huge fears for most people. Also like ghostofdempswy said, leaving loved ones behind.
              Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Because after we die, we can't jack off anymore.
              What these guys just said..

Comment

The unknown is some scary sh^t. Half the sh^t humans are scared of is just some sh^t with unknown results/possibilites that they view as likely more negativity than positive despite not knowing that for a fact.

Comment

Never being again, for billions of trillions of years to come...

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                    Never being again, for billions of trillions of years to come...
                    Longer bruh. Game over forever. Never experiencing anything again, like you never existed at all. Being nothing.

I don't know enough about the nature of reality to say with certainty that's what it is, but it seems the most likely outcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X