Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great British Bake Off’s Ruby Bhogal is pretty sure she will marry Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great British Bake Off’s Ruby Bhogal is pretty sure she will marry Anthony Joshua

Great British Bake Off's Ruby Bhogal is sure she will marry Anthony Joshua
    Tobi AkingbadeSaturday 24 Nov 2018 1:57 pm
    4-5 minutes

Great British Bake Off’s Ruby Bhogal is as sure as most that she will ‘marry’ Anthony Joshua.

And a chorus of humans attracted to the boxer mutters ‘same’ in unison.

We aren’t the only ones exercising wishful thinking, as Ruby – who spent her summer in an apron as part of Channel 4’s baking show – met the heavyweight boxing champion.

The pair crossed paths and posed for pictures together at the world premiere of the new Range Rover Evoque at The Old Truman Brewery in London on Thursday.

And it was after this that Ruby confessed that she wants to marry the Londoner.

Ruby, 29 and Anthony, 29, enjoyed the event as the sportsman showed off his incredible sporting skills while the baker looked cosy in a fluffy coat.

Anthony, who is a brand ambassador for Jaguar Land Rover, clearly left an impression on the baker as she took to Instagram to share a photo of the pair and cheeky caption: ‘Now we’ve met, I’m pretty sure it’s okay to just get married now’.

We love the optimism. Most people opt for a date first, but Ruby has skipped all the pleasantries to discuss walking down the aisle.

Her focus is admirable, to say the least.

Earlier this week she dazzled us all as she arrived on the red carpet with an image a million miles from the usual covered-in-flour look she had when prancing around the kitchen on GBBO.

Turn out she can also be a bonafide red carpet pro too!

The TV personality served glamazon vibes as she attended the premiere of Surviving Christmas With The Relatives in London’s Leicester Square wearing floor length wine coloured gown.

Ruby had a rocky start to Bake Off, narrowly avoiding elimination in the first week but then finished as a runner-up in the 2018 series of Bake Off, losing to Rahul Mandal.

She grew from strength to strength, producing unique and flavourful bakes for judges Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith, and eventually reached the final with Kim-Joy and Rahul Mandal.

Although Rahul pipped her to the title, Ruby has no regrets – and recently revealed that while the Channel 4 series looked seriously stressful (why would they make them bake pitta bread on a fire?!) it was mainly just a whole heap of fun.

Writing on Instagram, the project manager said: ‘Bake Off wasn’t all stress, sweating, f-bombs and tears. It was mostly all cake, laughs and mucking around with some of my best mates in a tent. Honestly cannot tell you how unreal the whole experience was (sleep deprivation included) and it came at just the right time.

‘I have only been baking for just 2 years this October and applied thinking I never stood a chance. But my life motto is always: ***** it, what’s the worst that can happen? Sure my cake fell over and I had a few rough beginning weeks but I brushed it off week in week out and busted my ass to get into that final.

‘It’s the best thing hands down I ever did: I got to do something I absolutely love doing for 10 weeks straight, made some life long friends and importantly learnt a lot about my inner strength and determination. All of that thanks to a bit of cake.’

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/24/great...oshua-8173718/
Working...
X